Paris Olympics

1of4

I'm glad we were told before the closing ceremony started. That it was going to be more light hearted and fun than the opening ceremony. I may have mistakenly thought the last half-hour of watching five rings being joined together, while being accompanied by the orchestra playing a dirge was boring. 

10 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I quite like basketball, it's conceptually not so different from football, just basketball is a high scoring game where as football is a low scoring game.

I hate basketball and, although, back in my youth I went to watch a few games live in Birmingham, I won’t even watch it on TV. Scoring a basket offers little excitement because, more often than not, when there is a good team playing you expect them to score on every attack (then the other team runs down the other end and score - rinse and repeat). Hence why games are so high scoring. 

Am I the only one not particularly looking forward to the LA olympics?

I suspect the over the top razzmatazz will be insufferable, many events will be on at silly o’clock UK time, the USA will win even more medals than usual and we’ll have to endure chants of “USA, USA” on a regular basis.

Sorry. Monday morning grumps.

20 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Am I the only one not particularly looking forward to the LA olympics?

I suspect the over the top razzmatazz will be insufferable, many events will be on at silly o’clock UK time, the USA will win even more medals than usual and we’ll have to endure chants of “USA, USA” on a regular basis

Sorry. Monday morning grumps.

For one Olympics only the EU countries should combine and compete under the EU flag. Would love to see the US media contrive some way for the US to still top the medal table somehow. Worth doing if only to p*** them off in their home Olympics..... 😄