John McAtee

admira

Wrexham rivalling Derby County and Plymouth Argyle in transfer pursuit of Luton Town player  

Wrexham are among a host of clubs in the Football League who are looking to sign Luton Town’s John McAtee in the summer transfer window. 

The 24-year-old joined the Hatters in 2022, although he has yet to play a game for the club, with his previous two seasons having been spent out on loan, initially with Grimsby before he was with Barnsley last time out.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/wrexham-rivalling-derby-county-and-plymouth-argyle-in-transfer-pursuit-of-luton-town-player/

9 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Tbf I thought he looked useful when we played Barnsley.

Obvious we are after a target man 

He is more of a 10 than a target man but he would be a good option to complete our midfield

One of my suggestions back in May. He was a very good #10 at L1 level, finishing the season with 15 goals and 5 assists in 45 games across all competitions, and got better as the season progressed.

I imagine he would be competing with Mendez-Laing, Jackson, and Blackett-Taylor for one of the two AM/WF roles.

Report from my Mariner mate. 

Forward .. plays just behind the front two. Great player for us .. signed for Luton when we'd been promoted from the Conference .. then loaned him back to us for the season. Did well at Barnsley last season. Who knows if he can make the step up .. I'd fancy him to though. Plays with a swagger, believes in himself ..

I’d be very surprised if there was anything in this. We still need another striker - but as Warne alluded to, this needs to be a proper “number 9” hold up man. Someone to start ahead of Collins, and provide what we hoped John-Jules would last season. McAtee is the exact opposite of that, and is incapable of starting up front on his own. 

28 minutes ago, CapeTownRams said:

Too much of a risk attitude -wise.

What’s this about? 

A quick google brought up articles and forum pages from his time at former clubs suggesting his attitude and application are good. Is there something in his past suggesting an attitude problem? 

EDIT - just seen Day’s post

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

40 minutes ago, Day said:

Can confirm.

Although he’s rumoured to have a bit of an interesting life outside of football, recently said to have spat at another woman on a night out….not the first time either. 

https://www.dorset.live/news/dorset-news/dorset-influencer-caught-up-sweary-6839049

Never mind Warne, I take one look at an article like that and want nothing to do with anyone involved. Pathetic stuff.