Jacob Widell Zetterstrom - SIGNED, FINALLY - 3yr deal

Nuwtfly

8 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Elfsborg against Djurgården was postponed due to the weather.

Then Jacob Widell Zetterström is about to miss a plane to London to visit Derby County.

- He has complete panic, says Djurgården's sports manager Bosse Andersson.
Turn on sound

Sportbladet has previously revealed that Championship newcomers Derby County made a bid for the Allsvenskan goalkeeper.

Now Bosse Andersson confirms that the 26-year-old is flying to London to visit the English club.

And that today's postponed match has caused the goalkeeper to be under a lot of stress.

- His mother is waiting outside, so he will go to London, Andersson says and continues:

- We have a discussion, we agree on the terms, but an important part is that you get to go there and get to know each other, he says.

"Scandinavia's best goalkeeper"

Andersson says that the player will be in London tomorrow and will be back in Stockholm on Monday evening before the trip to Luxembourg.

The sporting director also says that Widell Zetterström will have additional matches in Djurgården's qualifiers in the Conference League.

- All coaches want their goalkeeper as soon as possible, but Derby are well aware of our situation. We have Scandinavia's best goalkeeper and are out playing Europe so we have a good dialogue, he says

My Swedish is decent so I read the original article. The sporting director does indeed say that he will be playing more Conference league games. 

Like I earlier mentioned, they don’t have any pressure to sell. Us giving time for this to happen might be the reason we are actually signing him… I know that there’s been bigger clubs than us interested.

Maybe the Monday is the day the medical and signing could be completed in London? I hope so.

So, the actual transfer might need some #patience. But we are used to that, right? It’s just a sign of a great player 😊

I do visit their training ground annually and I know this guy is loved by everyone, but that’s as far as my level of itk goes. 

6 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I get the feeling they would like more but he perhaps want's to move to the UK and impress.  We won't be doing medicals etc if he's playing so I expect he'll wind up somewhere else for a bit more cash and a bit more wage.  They seem to be putting spanners in the way of a move at the minute.  The whole thing is very weird.

It appears pretty straightforward we have agreed a deal at a particular fee where he comes to Derby after the game on Thursday. He is travelling over today for a medical. The deal agreed will be legally binding on both clubs. So if he gets through Thursdays game injury free he is our player. They won’t be able to sell him to anyone else in the meantime 

I really hope this is the done deal I've assumed it is. I'm not keen on the terms being bandied about by Fester for Iverson and with Rodak now retired, JWZ looks the best value option by a stretch. I suspect he'll be offered decent whack and a long contract and I suspect he happily sign. I never pay pre-season results any heed, but it'd be a nice lift all the same after two distinctly lacklustre performances.

20 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Reading on twitter people seem to think he will stay for their conference league qualifying games at the end of August?

I wasn't mad keen on him staying to play last Thursday and this Thursday. But surely we haven't said it is ok for him to play there till the end of the month?

That would be crazy really, could get injured in last one and we’re stuck 

30 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Reading on twitter people seem to think he will stay for their conference league qualifying games at the end of August?

I wasn't mad keen on him staying to play last Thursday and this Thursday. But surely we haven't said it is ok for him to play there till the end of the month?

That would be getting similar to Esteban Fuertes levels of desperately hanging on 

19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Never heard of him, and we're paying how much? What makes this keeper better than any other 6' 6" keeper, he's never played English football and he's 26?

Had you heard of Mart Poom, Igor Stimac or Paolo Wanchope before we signed them?  I certainly hadn’t, and they all seemed to turn out alright…

3 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

Had you heard of Mart Poom, Igor Stimac or Paolo Wanchope before we signed them?  I certainly hadn’t, and they all seemed to turn out alright…

We had a different set up then. What do you know of this bloke? 

Is it so wrong to ask? 😄

2 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

People don't engage brain before they post their comments. Twitter and FB are fine examples of this. That's why things quickly escalate out of control.

He'll sign. End of

Edited by Ram a lamb a ding dong

31 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Never heard of him, and we're paying how much? What makes this keeper better than any other 6' 6" keeper, he's never played English football and he's 26?

Seriously?

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We had a different set up then. What do you know of this bloke? 

Is it so wrong to ask? 😄

In what way?

I don't know much of this bloke, other than what's been said out there - he's been consistently talked up as one of the best GK prospects in Sweden, is a good age (26 still young for a keeper, arguably not peaked yet).

Is it simply that you just don't trust Warne?

7 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

People don't engage brain before they post their comments. Twitter and FB are fine examples of this. That's why things quickly escalate out if control.

We should definitely have a poll of all DCFC fans forums before we commit to signing anyone, just in case someone hasn't heard of the player concerned.

2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

In what way?

I don't know much of this bloke, other than what's been said out there - he's been consistently talked up as one of the best GK prospects in Sweden, is a good age (26 still young for a keeper, arguably not peaked yet).

Is it simply that you just don't trust Warne?

Is he doing the stats as well then? 

Here's what was known about Poom.

image.thumb.png.306119aecb16be6dcf400aacf7c3435f.png

Loving all these comments from posters who also have no idea who this bloke is unless of course they follow him on Insta! 😄