Jacob Widell Zetterstrom - SIGNED, FINALLY - 3yr deal

Nuwtfly

They are in talks with another keeper but because they have submitted squad for this qualifying round can't replace him. It's all agreed only slight problem is not playing pre season and lack of communication and gelling with back 3 but that will take weeks anyway 

46 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Roos' height wasn't what made him "less dominant in his area". In fact, it was one of the areas to his game Eric Steele praised him on when he joined us. He was also a very good shot stopper, something you claimed he was poor at in an earlier post by saying he "never learned how to use his long limbs to save shots."

The Playoff Final blunder knocked his confidence and a large proportion of the fanbase never allowed him to regain it. It was an area which started to improve again in his final season before he was replaced by Allsop.

Dare I also say that I think at times there was also a lack of courage to go in there where he might get hurt. I think this affected his confidence too (as well as the crowd!)

I don't think it's a massive concern given the position - we signed Stephen Bywater the morning of the Hull game and he had an absolute blinder (and never really looked back for the rest of the season). Zetterstrom at least comes in with competitive games under his belt and match sharpness. 

The club will take a view whether he's ready to jump in for the Blackburn game, but even if Vickers plays it's not the end of the world.

This has dragged on too long.  Now they are willing to sell and it's noted, somebody else will come in with a 2 million quid offer and we'll be left looking down the sofa pulling out 10 p, an old sticky sweet and Kevin Poole.  Not necessarily in order of desirability.  If others come in, we won't be financially able to compete.  It is what it is. Lubos Kubik returns. 

20 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Sounds like 100% a done deal to me.

Fee agreed, no contract signed, whats to stop someone matching or improving on our fee? He isn't our player until medical is passed and contract signed. We're a minimum until the 2nd leg of their qualification match. Plenty can change. Players have been showcased on the pitch before choosing other teams

I'm not sure this has been handled well at all, although its unclear who has dropped the ball. 

It's been broadcast to the world exactly how much we've agreed to pay, giving any other club a full week to attempt to swoop in and snatch him at a higher price if they want. It's never done until he's signed on the dotted line.

6 minutes ago, Sharp_Ram said:

Fee agreed, no contract signed, whats to stop someone matching or improving on our fee? He isn't our player until medical is passed and contract signed. We're a minimum until the 2nd leg of their qualification match. Plenty can change. Players have been showcased on the pitch before choosing other teams

There could be a conditional agreement in place between all parties purely dependent on him staying fit.

2 minutes ago, Crewton said:

There could be a conditional agreement in place between all parties purely dependent on him staying fit.

Fitness not the concern. The change of someone with a larger budget coming in is.

1 minute ago, Sharp_Ram said:

Fitness not the concern. The change of someone with a larger budget coming in is.

He's playing two games before we can complete his signing - that's what I meant. He gets a serious injury, the deal's off. If you're agreeing to wait to sign the player, you'd want an assurance that the bid is agreed. I wouldn't entertain letting them keep him for those games if there was a chance that we could be usurped.

7 minutes ago, Crewton said:

He's playing two games before we can complete his signing - that's what I meant. He gets a serious injury, the deal's off. If you're agreeing to wait to sign the player, you'd want an assurance that the bid is agreed. I wouldn't entertain letting them keep him for those games if there was a chance that we could be usurped.

You'd like to think we do have some assurances in some form or fashion

On 23/07/2024 at 09:12, StaffsRam said:

10% of the season already. Looking at the striking options it's hard not to say that we definitely need more firepower. I'm sure we'll spread the goals around but we still look light in that department IMO. 

1 minute ago, Srg said:

You'd like to think we do have some assurances in some form or fashion

I would like to think the agreement is legally binding except in the occurrence of an injury