Sibley gone

Would be kind of as expected. I thought maybe even League One. I don’t think there’s any chance of Sibley moving on to a side above us in terms of quality or size.

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Would be kind of as expected. I thought maybe even League One. I don’t think there’s any chance of Sibley moving on to a side above us in terms of quality or size.

Branningan, Sibley and Rodriguez.  Seems a lot less ability and goal threat than we have with Thompson and diddly squat whos worth at least 10 goals and assists per season.

16 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Branningan, Sibley and Rodriguez.  Seems a lot less ability and goal threat than we have with Thompson and diddly squat whos worth at least 10 goals and assists per season.

Forgot Vaulks.  I'd be happy to go into the opening match with those midfield options, although Branningan isn't as good as mooted, he is adequate alongside Vaulks. They have one we wanted and another we wanted to keep.  This is Oxford, not a parachute club.  I'm rather worried about this competitive budget. 

26 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Forgot Vaulks.  I'd be happy to go into the opening match with those midfield options, although Branningan isn't as good as mooted, he is adequate alongside Vaulks. They have one we wanted and another we wanted to keep.  This is Oxford, not a parachute club.  I'm rather worried about this competitive budget. 

I'm not sure our offer to Sibley would've been that good and if he's not that fond of playing wingback it would make sense for him to move on.

Sibley may well move to Oxford and rip it up, which would cue us all to slam Warne and the club. But I've seen enough of him to think he'd struggle to progress much more with us. He just never seemed to be able to hold down a place, outside of playing wingback ironically. Sometimes a player needs a move just to freshen things up.

I'll happily ask questions of Warne and the club come the end of the window if we've fallen short, but for now we can only trust the process.

51 minutes ago, Kernow said:

This would be an excellent move for him and Oxford. I really think he would do well there. 

Des Buckingham is a very promising manager and I think could be a good fit for Sibley, plus if Short is still there then he's got someone who was able to progress his talent (albeit at academy level). 

I know they're likely going to be a rival for our league position next season, but part of me would be really happy to see him land at a good club, like Oxford, with the base to get his talent back on track. 

Central / attacking midfielders probably Oxford’s strongest area so will be interesting to see what happens.

Be surprised if they were dropping Goodrham or Rodrigues and imagine Brannigan may also play higher up next season rather than as a sole DM in the Championship. 

5 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Central / attacking midfielders probably Oxford’s strongest area so will be interesting to see what happens.

Be surprised if they were dropping Goodrham or Rodrigues and imagine Brannigan may also play higher up next season rather than as a sole DM in the Championship. 

Some of their supporters have him as a replacement for Goodrham.  So maybe they think he's going. 

1 hour ago, nottingram said:

He will score goals in their central midfield 

BBC: Oxford United have signed Derby midfielder Louie Sibley on a long-term deal.

The 22-year-old rejected a new deal from the Rams and arrives at the Kassam Stadium on a free transfer.

Sibley - who came through Derby's academy - made 44 appearances across all competitions last campaign, scoring six goals as Derby won promotion to the Championship alongside Oxford.

“Louie has been a very important player for his club since progressing into the first team," Oxford United head coach Des Buckingham said.

"We are delighted to bring someone of his quality into our group, to get a player that is still at such a young age and with so much experience in the football league is hugely exciting for us as a club.

“We believe Louie will be a very positive addition to our group and will help us achieve our goals next season and beyond.

8 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Nowadays Craig Short is a big figure at Oxford, who would surely have coached Louie when a star of the Academy with us, so I expect that's a factor in this deal.

I’ve stood next to Craig Short, he’s always been a big figure 😂

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

BBC: Oxford United have signed Derby midfielder Louie Sibley on a long-term deal.

The 22-year-old rejected a new deal from the Rams and arrives at the Kassam Stadium on a free transfer.

Sibley - who came through Derby's academy - made 44 appearances across all competitions last campaign, scoring six goals as Derby won promotion to the Championship alongside Oxford.

“Louie has been a very important player for his club since progressing into the first team," Oxford United head coach Des Buckingham said.

"We are delighted to bring someone of his quality into our group, to get a player that is still at such a young age and with so much experience in the football league is hugely exciting for us as a club.

“We believe Louie will be a very positive addition to our group and will help us achieve our goals next season and beyond.

Like we don’t understand what young is unless you highlight it 😂