Sibley gone

I always wanted him to be the player he flattered to be...

Great lad, local and proud... whats not to like.

Just not top level for me. Not that skilful,  not pacey, not powerful and very one footed. 

Hope he proves me wrong but for me he's a bottom end Championship player and we can get better for the system we will probably play.

7 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

That would surprise me given it was his mismanagement of him in the first place that took a sledge hammer to his progress.

I can see him ending up at a Sheff Utd, West Brom, Norwich or even Stoke. 

Weirdly i had a dream a couple of weeks back that he had signed for Stoke.

13 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

Rooney reunion. All the argyle fans telling me

As a replacement for Whitakker?

His career didn't advance much under Rooney tbh, despite mostly playing in advanced midfield positions.

If was him, I'd find a new coach completely, one who doesn't see him as a utility player.

Always sad to see a promising Academy product leave with so much potential unfulfilled. I hope he thrives at a new club.

4 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Was offered a contract but obviously wanted guarantee on playing time, couldn't get that so has decided to try elsewhere, or the money was 💩

Hopefully he'll get a chance to shine and show what a player he can be, gutted it's not with his hometown club but hey ho 

It might be if he ends up at Burton.....

Gutted. Loved the early Sibley, but we ruined him a little and he lost that edge that made him an exciting youngster. 
He still was a major player in our promotion last season. The rebuilding job has just got even bigger. We need an awful lot of players in now. I think we needed to keep that DNA of the promotion side. It will be difficult to replicate what Bird and Sibley bought to the squad ethos as well as their quality. 

5 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Was offered a contract but obviously wanted guarantee on playing time, couldn't get that so has decided to try elsewhere, or the money was 💩

Hopefully he'll get a chance to shine and show what a player he can be, gutted it's not with his hometown club but hey ho 

I wonder if in any transfer negotiation whether any player in world football has ever asked for 'guarantee on playing time'. 

It's something that gets stated a lot, but I just can't imagine any player asking for 'guaranteed' playing time. 

If you don't play well then you're not going to get playing time, regardless of whether it was 'guaranteed' at the point of signing the contract or not - surely every player knows that and therefore is a moot subject. I always found the phrase odd. 

Just now, OoooMarkWright said:

Gutted. Loved the early Sibley, but we ruined him a little and he lost that edge that made him an exciting youngster. 
He still was a major player in our promotion last season. The rebuilding job has just got even bigger. We need an awful lot of players in now. I think we needed to keep that DNA of the promotion side. It will be difficult to replicate what Bird and Sibley bought to the squad ethos as well as their quality. 

I had it down as 12 players + Collins and Sibley. 

It looks like we're keeping Collins, we've signed three, so 10 more to go. 

5 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

Weirdly i had a dream a couple of weeks back that he had signed for Stoke.

Steven Schumacher would be a very good coach for him, think he would come on leaps and bounds under him. 

33 minutes ago, GeneralRam said:

Sadly didn't live up to expectations but he was a Derby lad through and through.

League One will be his level unfortunately. 

Not so sure. Let’s see what he does elsewhere.

Bit gutted about this. Never really played in his preferred position for most of his Derby career if we're being honest, with Cocu being the only manager to get the best out of him. 

Having watched him for many years in the academy, he's so much better than being stuck at LB so I don't blame him for moving on.

Maybe we should have cashed in when Leeds were rumoured to have placed a £8m ish offer in 2020 after his spell under Cocu.

Can see him joining Rotherham unfortunately...