Life would be better without...

dog

41 minutes ago, Archied said:

Never fear bob , we will get one warm day soon and it will be the hottest June on record 😂

TBF, June last year was amazing. 3 weeks of solid warm/hot weather. I don't think we have had a day over 20 degeress here In Cornwall in almost 10 months.

I'd move back to Florida, but they broke their all-time high last month. And this is ever for any month.

When we moved there it had only hit 100 (in old money) twice iirc, in history. It hits once or twice every summer now and 102 last month. 

The weather is historically very consistent there, not varying by a degree or two on average.

But even since Ron Desnatis came to power, it's gone nuts.

A coincidence?

On 14/06/2024 at 12:35, dog said:

aubergines

Had them in a restaurant in La Cala de Mijas yesterday as a starter deep fried,delicious,special menu  part sponsored by the Ayuntimiento for pensioners,starter,main course,sweet and a glass of wine or beer,6.50 euros,beat that

3 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

TBF, June last year was amazing. 3 weeks of solid warm/hot weather. I don't think we have had a day over 20 degeress here In Cornwall in almost 10 months.

I'd move back to Florida, but they broke their all-time high last month. And this is ever for any month.

When we moved there it had only hit 100 (in old money) twice iirc, in history. It hits once or twice every summer now and 102 last month. 

The weather is historically very consistent there, not varying by a degree or two on average.

But even since Ron Desnatis came to power, it's gone nuts.

A coincidence?

I don’t doubt that man plays a part in how our planet develops amongst many other factors beyond our control, with humans the genie is out of the bottle and we will always be moving forward and the best most balanced way will always be under debate but much as it would be good to have that debate we can’t really do it on here , stuff descends into chaos and threads get closed 👍

1 hour ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Bananas and parsnips. 

Trick is to roast them to a crispy finish with honey or parmesan a must, to add flavour.

Bananas only good for smoothies or banana bread though. Can't be doing with them otherwise 🤮

27 minutes ago, TimRam said:

Another that seems to be a "Brit" thing?

Not really. Google 'downtown Johannesburg'. Never seen anything like it and we're talking a few miles from the financial district in the city if you've ever been, though not somewhere tourists typically venture.

2 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Trick is to roast her to a crispy finish with honey or parmesan a must, to add flavour.

Not sure why I'm laughing really as I've no idea who she is. Probably better eating than a wasp though.

6 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Not sure why I'm laughing really as I've no idea who she is. Probably better eating than a wasp though.

She's the leading female BBC football commentator, and she's horrible. 

There are some good female commentators, but she's not one of them. 

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

To be fair, it's not just supermarkets...

...or weekends 

Love you mum and dad if you're on this forum by the way!

Right lets put this fecker to bed, How old do you have to be to be an "old person", I'm 68 I shop in supermarkets, Pubs, Takeaways and all the other stuff people do, I don't stink of p!ss, I don't hold anyone up by constantly talking, I pay with cash, I'm polite 👍 I have a spotlessly clean home, A garden a Frenchman would be proud of 😉, I just think you young uns are jealous of what we old uns have

It's the younger ones that p!ss me off, Complaining that the older ones need to visit their local euthanasia clinic 😁 

18 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

Right lets put this fecker to bed, How old do you have to be to be an "old person", I'm 68 I shop in supermarkets, Pubs, Takeaways and all the other stuff people do, I don't stink of p!ss, I don't hold anyone up by constantly talking, I pay with cash, I'm polite 👍 I have a spotlessly clean home, A garden a Frenchman would be proud of 😉, I just think you young uns are jealous of what we old uns have

It's the younger ones that p!ss me off, Complaining that the older ones need to visit their local euthanasia clinic 😁 

I don't think the comment was entirely serious Alf! Also, in my experience, most older folk get their weekly shopping done on Monday and Tuesday mornings when all the young'uns are either at work or still in bed 😋