Ben Osborn - signed on a two-year deal

Sean

27 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Osbourne in, Hourihane out. 

Net age change: -3 

This is one way of reducing the age of the squad. We still need experience. 

Waghorn replaced with Jackson: -4 

Smith replaced by one of the lads we’ve been linked with: at least -7 

Gayle replaced by Yates: -7 

You are comparing very different types of players though. Osborn, Yates and Jackson are all typical Warne players. We will need some vision and trickery too to compliment.

Good start to the summer recruitment. I've been liking the sort of names we've been linked with so far. Continuing the approach to transfers we've seen since Clowes saved us.

Not every single transfer has worked, but the majority have. Whoever is planning and organising our recruitment is doing a good job.

I like the signing, however I like his first interview more, gave some insight into his own personal life, his upbringing, journey, family, Forest.

Even if you take the ITK with a pinch of salt, you could sense he’s here and will be playing for his Dad, 100%.

Also sense he will not hold back on his celebrations when he scores against Forest next season in the Championship, he’s now a Ram. In his own words, it was the people at Forest, not the club, I would imagine those people are long gone now.

1 hour ago, inter politics said:

You are comparing very different types of players though. Osborn, Yates and Jackson are all typical Warne players. We will need some vision and trickery too to compliment.

Vision and trickery aren’t things I associate with many of the players we’ve lost to be fair. Yes Hourihane but his influence was waning. Definitely Bird. Sometimes Smith? But again we don’t know who we’re replacing them with. 

2 hours ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

Brilliant down to earth honest interview instead of the normal script read ‘I’m signing for a big club with great fans etc’ if we can keep him fit he will be a great addition 

Agree completely. Very honest and open interview and also very respectful of clubs he has been at in the past. I'd rather hear that (even about Forest) as in his own words it was the people that were so important in his development and he'll always be grateful for that. I'd rather hear that honesty than pithy sounds bites about going where you were actually wanted and digs Forest because it might be what some fans would want to hear.

11 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

My jaw dropped when he said Derby released him as an 8 year old.

Would it have been the Billy Davies era or just after we came down?  I can’t lay any fault on the academy as we got Will Hughes from it. I guess some are late developers like Timi Max Elsnik

38 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Would it have been the Billy Davies era or just after we came down?  I can’t lay any fault on the academy as we got Will Hughes from it. I guess some are late developers like Timi Max Elsnik

It'll be the Gregory/Burley era, around 2002/2003

Regarding the first interviews, this one has to be up with the best ones. There is so much Integrity and level-headedness that it shines through. I love it, welcome back Ben!

That's something that Warne has brought with him. Signing good lads gets you at least more enjoyable interviews 🙂 

Christ, I’m gonna sound like a student here…

Signing him feels more intimate BECAUSE he played for Forest, maybe even more so than if we re-signed Hughes. 

We all knew he was a Derby fan. We’re aware enough of Forest to know he’s a player. We’re aware enough to know his Dad was a Derby fan who turned to Forest out of support for his son.

He’s still ended up with us.

On 29/06/2024 at 03:38, Day said:

I like the signing, however I like his first interview more, gave some insight into his own personal life, his upbringing, journey, family, Forest.

Even if you take the ITK with a pinch of salt, you could sense he’s here and will be playing for his Dad, 100%.

Also sense he will not hold back on his celebrations when he scores against Forest next season in the Championship, he’s now a Ram. In his own words, it was the people at Forest, not the club, I would imagine those people are long gone now.

I’d expect him to be muted tbh.