Transfer rumours

11 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

Apologies for dirtying this thread 😬...guess who😁

image.png.eb9cf31e1f5c2fe785bc676d893ae314.png

He's the bloke who refused a new deal at Forest saying" 10k a week is ok for someone in a prison stitching mail bags, but not for a Duitch international "  That was about 25 years ago.  The start of footballers delusional twatishness.

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Is that really the “honourable” thing to do? Didn’t Bielik get hassle on this forum from some for allegedly saying or implying he wanted to leave Derby?

The honourable thing to do is to respect your contract whilst perhaps hoping the transfer you’d like materialises. 

Also, it just doesn't sound like a very Ebou thing to do.

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Yes, a player should never refuse to play if selected. But if he's not seeing any first team action, it's perfectly legitimate to make it plain to the manager that he wants regular first team football and, if he can't guarantee him more playing time, make it clear that he wants the opportunity to move somewhere he's more appreciated. Cardiff fans have barely discussed him, so I doubt they'll be bothered as long as he's willing to play.

I generally agree although a manager can, and should, never "guarantee" more playing time.

1 hour ago, TomTom92 said:

It’s quite clearly not the honourable thing to do and if a Derby player did it I’d be fuming. 

But if Ebou has to act like a scumbag to force a move through I’m all for it.

FWIW I don’t think he will, so got to hope Cardiff stop playing funny buggars.

I'm not sure I'd ever want a player to act like a scumbag whatever his motives are. What if he came to Derby and wasn't getting as much time on the pitch as he wanted? Would you be all for it then?

17 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I'm not sure I'd ever want a player to act like a scumbag whatever his motives are. What if he came to Derby and wasn't getting as much time on the pitch as he wanted? Would you be all for it then?

Obvious not. Happy to be a hypocrite.

4 hours ago, Malagaram said:

On BBC Sports,football section an interview with David Clowes(all interview on Radio Derby Monday night)David stated that we have enough money for transfers to make the football club competitive,and that we wouldnt have to rely on loans.

Make of that what you will but sounds good news.

Well we have money from the Max Bird sale and the 15% sell on clause activated with Kellyman joining Chelsea, that's £2.85m in the pot from that deal.

2 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

I'm actually quite pleased about this. He worked bloody hard for us last year and scored a reasonable number of goals. I think he'll be as determined  as ever to both prove himself at this level and also for getting another contract with us. 

Agreed, just hope we move Washington on and sign another striker aswell as completing/announcing Jerry Yates.

42 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Well we have money from the Max Bird sale and the 15% sell on clause activated with Kellyman joining Chelsea, that's £2.85m in the pot from that deal.

I imagine that's gone on wages for Adams and Blackett Taylors wages and fee plus Cashin and Mendez Laing wage increases. I'd imagine anyone contracted had a nice wage rise and bonus on promotion as well.  The Kellyman money could be useful  but I suspect it will be over a five year release.

Rumoured Striker Options so far  24/25              

James Collins

Dajaune Brown

Jerry Yates

Kayden Jackson

Connor Washington

Last Season’s striker options 

James Collins

Connor Washington

Martyn Waghorn

Dwight Gayle

Tyreece John Jules 

The step up in quality is undeniable between  the two divisions and I’m struggling to see a major difference between the two lists

8 minutes ago, Jaso said:

James Collins

Dajaune Brown

Jerry Yates

Kayden Jackson

Connor Washington

James Collins

Connor Washington

Martyn Waghorn

Dwight Gayle

Tyreece John Jules 

The step up in quality is undeniable between  the two divisions and I’m struggling to see a major difference between the two lists

Let’s wait until the end of the window before we make any judgement. Could change significantly by then 

8 minutes ago, Jaso said:

James Collins

Dajaune Brown

Jerry Yates

Kayden Jackson

Connor Washington

James Collins

Connor Washington

Martyn Waghorn

Dwight Gayle

Tyreece John Jules 

With Collins signing a new deal. Our only hope is that KJ will be used more out wide than as a forward. Brown gets loaned out. Or the dream, we sell Wash.

21 minutes ago, Jaso said:

James Collins

Dajaune Brown

Jerry Yates

Kayden Jackson

Connor Washington

James Collins

Connor Washington

Martyn Waghorn

Dwight Gayle

Tyreece John Jules 

My own personal feeling, based on nothing more than David Clowes’ excitement in the interview is that we will be making some (relatively) significant investments in playing staff and I’d be surprised if it’s spent anywhere other than a striker. 

Who that striker is, god knows, but I do believe there is going to be one. 

31 minutes ago, Jaso said:

James Collins

Dajaune Brown

Jerry Yates

Kayden Jackson

Connor Washington

James Collins

Connor Washington

Martyn Waghorn

Dwight Gayle

Tyreece John Jules 

Very good chance that

Jackson will be used as a winger

Dajaune will be loaned out

Washington will be sold

And we then sign another striker or two. A long way to go in the window yet.