Transfer rumours

5 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Delap was offered the chance to come back on loan at one point but wasn't interested and it seems Southampton are keen.  Kellyman possibly but probably not till January I'd imagine as he's just signed and their would be an assessment and integration i'd assume, plus a juicy loan fee based on their outlay for 12 months.

We were offered Delap on loan last season but couldn’t stretch to cover the wage %. 

4 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

Ebou needs to do the honourable thing and tell Cardiff he’s not prepared to kick another ball for them. That’ll soon drive the price down, unless we they’re in the business of losing x amount per week for a season.

I’m not sure it would, honestly, their chairman is a bit special and would likely freeze him out of any move in that instance. 

He’ll be a Derby player by the end of the window, I’m absolutely sure of it. 

On 29/06/2024 at 19:55, Van der MoodHoover said:

Which end are you going mate.... Olbia (Costa smeralda or the emerald Coast) or Cagliari?

Sardinia is bigger than you think.... about 300 miles top to bottom 👍

Olbia mate that side - rented a car already I'm used to driving in Europe - did a quad and car few months back In corfu too

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Alan Browne leaving Preston, obviously probably out of our reach but do feel like he would be an ideal player in Warne’s system. I can see him joining one of the parachute boys, Luton would be a good move for him. 

He would be a great fit, but I think the issue was wages. Preston were apparently willing to make him their highest paid player ever, about 30k a week. If he’s turned that down, there’s no way we’re paying someone more than that.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Alan Browne leaving Preston, obviously probably out of our reach but do feel like he would be an ideal player in Warne’s system. I can see him joining one of the parachute boys, Luton would be a good move for him. 

If someone had told you 5 year ago that we would not now be able to compete with Scruffy little Luton - you would have creased up laughing . Luton will probably have the best home record next season . Nobody likes going there , and it looks like they will keep most of their best players.

35 minutes ago, Kernow said:

He would be a great fit, but I think the issue was wages. Preston were apparently willing to make him their highest paid player ever, about 30k a week. If he’s turned that down, there’s no way we’re paying someone more than that.

7 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

If someone had told you 5 year ago that we would not now be able to compete with Scruffy little Luton - you would have creased up laughing . Luton will probably have the best home record next season . Nobody likes going there , and it looks like they will keep most of their best players.

They can claim to have had a bigger points deduction as well 👍

21 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

Ebou needs to do the honourable thing and tell Cardiff he’s not prepared to kick another ball for them. That’ll soon drive the price down, unless we they’re in the business of losing x amount per week for a season.

Is that really the “honourable” thing to do? Didn’t Bielik get hassle on this forum from some for allegedly saying or implying he wanted to leave Derby?

The honourable thing to do is to respect your contract whilst perhaps hoping the transfer you’d like materialises. 

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Is that really the “honourable” thing to do? Didn’t Bielik get hassle on this forum from some for allegedly saying or implying he wanted to leave Derby?

The honourable thing to do is to respect your contract whilst perhaps hoping the transfer you’d like materialises. 

100%, honour a contract that at one time as a player you happily signed.

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

It’s quite clearly not the honourable thing to do and if a Derby player did it I’d be fuming. 

But if Ebou has to act like a scumbag to force a move through I’m all for it.

FWIW I don’t think he will, so got to hope Cardiff stop playing funny buggars.

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Yes, a player should never refuse to play if selected. But if he's not seeing any first team action, it's perfectly legitimate to make it plain to the manager that he wants regular first team football and, if he can't guarantee him more playing time, make it clear that he wants the opportunity to move somewhere he's more appreciated. Cardiff fans have barely discussed him, so I doubt they'll be bothered as long as he's willing to play.

Edited by Crewton