Transfer rumours

34 minutes ago, Srg said:

We have a right to nothing. We nearly didn't exist, we are newly promoted team who need to replace half a squad. There is no divine right to anything.

OK I knew somebody would immediately pick up on the word 'right'. I should have said reasonably expect. Anyone who is just satisfied with 4th bottom though is just too negative

4 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

OK I knew somebody would immediately pick up on the word 'right'. I should have said reasonably expect. Anyone who is just satisfied with 4th bottom though is just too negative

There's a difference between wanting to be at least mid table, but only achieving 4th bottom and understanding that that's not the end of the world this season, and thinking we have a right to be mid table. If you didn't mean it like that, then you phrased it poorly.

17 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'd be dissapointed if the aim was to only avoid relegation. At the very least, we should be trying to build a squad capable of a top half finish, knowing that if we do miss out on certain players then we'll finish lower

I think whenever Warne speaks he makes it known that he wants to win every game, that’s how he sets out. 
I am confident he will get a tune out of anyone he signs. My concern is that, like last season, the time it takes to settle. The biggest difference between Championship and L1 is errors and how they are punished. The Championship is less forgiving. A slow start to our gelling as a new unit is my fear. The team will come good but will we stay out of trouble while we are waiting ? 

40 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

Agree 100% GD...lots of fans saying they would be happy with finishing 4th from bottom.Not me! Ask any Ipswich fan where they expected to finish and the answer wouldn't be automatic promotion. Ipswich finished 2nd...we finished 2nd. Everybody saying the Tractor Boys had a far better squad.Maybe they did.But they still only finished 2nd the same as us. Do I expect us Rams to do what Ipswich achieved? Absolutely not but I fully expect us to be very competitive. I'm expecting and hoping to finish mid table or even a bit higher and make a good push for the play offs the following season. I could be completely wrong on this and if so you can all laugh at me next May.

1 minute ago, Birdyabroad said:

Will Derby just sign somebody already!?

I don’t care if it’s Carlos Kickaballalot from Bolivia, I need a new name to start convincing myself will turn into a world beater before the season starts!

😎

Maybe we will get an announcement tonight on Osborn and Yates?

2 minutes ago, Birdyabroad said:

Will Derby just sign somebody already!?

I don’t care if it’s Carlos Kickaballalot from Bolivia, I need a new name to start convincing myself will turn into a world beater before the season starts!

😎

Probably won't sign him until Bolivia are out of the Copa America mate.