Transfer rumours

34 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Just hope Cooper transfer happens.

You never know with the Rams on deadline day 

I can't see it. If he has options he won't chose a relegation battle with us. Remember he turned down Leeds. Will probably end up at Boro. 

Looking at premier league teams there is a lot of centre backs who would still be good and available 

one of Burgess or Edmundson from Ipswich 

Ronnie Edwards from Southampton 

Nat Phillips from Liverpool

Meupiyou from Wolves 

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

When we can’t attract a player over Oxford, what’s the reason?

We have the fan base, we have the crowds, we have the stadium, we have the training base… so what is it?

(caveat - I assume we were in for Nelson)

A lot of reports don’t seem to think we were an interested party. Hard to know though.

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

We have the fan base, we have the crowds, we have the stadium, we have the training base… so what is it?

Wages and culture fit would be the two things, not just when comparing to Oxford but to any other club.

Warne is pretty up front with potential signings about what he wants and what players can expect in terms of guarantees of playing time. This is not a dig at Warne to be clear, but there will absolutely be managers out there who are less honest and blow smoke up a players arse to get deals done if they think that will help.

As for wages, money talks and that voice is usually a lot louder than the other factors in play.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

Just now, Eoghan1884 said:

Looking at premier league teams there is a lot of centre backs who would still be good and available 

one of Burgess or Edmundson from Ipswich 

Ronnie Edwards from Southampton 

Nat Phillips from Liverpool

Meupiyou from Wolves 

Was just about to say George Edmundson and Kasey Palmer are going out on loan - history repeats itself occasionally. 

6 minutes ago, rammieib said:

He isn't the one we are after

Our prem loan CB is from a top four club 

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

I still don’t understand why everyone leaves it to the last bloody day to try and do so much business. 

Brinkmanship. Selling clubs want as much as they can for their player, buying clubs want to pay as little as possible. A lot of decisions are only made when you can’t wait any longer.

They could shorten or lengthen the window by as much as they like and things would still go crazy on the final day.