Transfer rumours

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

Ben Doak to Hull, Peart-Harris to Swansea. 

First ones ticked off the list (probably not in for either) I’m just waiting for a random link to someone like these 

1 minute ago, Eoghan1884 said:

This simply can’t be sustainable in league one 

I presume it can be done in League 1 as FFP isn't used? How does the spending in League 1 transfer when/if a club is promoted?

57 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Wages is probably our biggest problem. From what I’ve heard the board has imposed a hard limit of 10k a week for new signings, with most being offered less than 8k. Probably why we’ve struggled so much in the window, I suspect we have the smallest budget in the league by a fair way.

But do we have bigger overheads than some clubs our size ? Pearce , Mo-Bob and their teams . Warne and his coaches . There are plenty working behind the scenes .

1 minute ago, SECornerRAM said:

Prem CB on loan looks likely - loan agreement reached just need the player to say yes and medical to be done 

Won't say a name just yet - very good signing if we get it over the line 

Anything on a forward?

1 minute ago, SECornerRAM said:

Prem CB on loan looks likely - loan agreement reached just need the player to say yes and medical to be done 

Good news anything on strikers?

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

If Warne tries to send Brown back to the National League then he should be sacked. 

Have you registered on the Oxford forum yet? That Buckingham bloke isn't playing Sibbo at all, let alone as an attacking midfielder. Surely, he has to go too?

2 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Warne hit nail on the head in that interview - “we are in the early stages of building the club back up again and not in a position to go out and sign 3 players for £2m-£3m” that’s what a good few clubs in the championship are doing. 

Exactly !

Yet we have a cadre on here who seem think getting rid of the manager will change that. I just don’t understand the logic

4 minutes ago, jono said:

Exactly !

Yet we have a cadre on here who seem think getting rid of the manager will change that. I just don’t understand the logic

No. There are some on here and other social media who think getting rid of Warne will change the approach and get more from the squad, if only a consistent style of play, and a hint of building for something other than a walking football team.

Edited by RoyMac5

2 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

They gonna screw Birmingham?

If they haven't done their sums right, they should, but I doubt they'll do it with the same level of dedication that they did it to us.

FFP in league 1 is like California compared to the Championship. 

15 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Have you registered on the Oxford forum yet? That Buckingham bloke isn't playing Sibbo at all, let alone as an attacking midfielder. Surely, he has to go too?

image.thumb.png.715b9f9caa7759886d387dd2bb8b7bd6.png

21 minutes ago, SECornerRAM said:

Not sure if you’ve heard the same as me - but Bradley to Charlton could be on the cards with Cooper being offered a deal alongside another defender on loan.

No idea who our targets are across the front line.

23 minutes ago, SECornerRAM said:

Assume Ben Nelson? Linked with a few champ clubs? 

Just now, KBB said:

Lost 1.0 sibley had 1 shot (not on target and got the lowest rating of any Oxford final third player)

I rate sibley by the way.

Yeah, I was just proving how much fact is talked by some. 🙂 I'm not surprised if he doesn't get masses of game time, he's still young - bit older than Kenzo? - with a lack of experience as an attacking mid.