Transfer rumours

It’s not necessarily a striker we need ( although any goal scorer is great) it’s a centre forward in the traditional sense - attacking wise Warne’s football is all about get it wide and cross it in and set pieces but when we have no physical presence there it’s a poor ending far to often and it would be nice to have someone to aim at when we have to lump it and all the opponents so far are forcing us to do that. We have had a long time to get someone in to do that role so it’s disappointing if we end up runners in that role rather than a brick wall. 

5 minutes ago, admira said:

£115M spent so far and more to come. It's starting to look like they're 'doing a Forest'.

As much as i’m jealous of their position, the majority of signings they’ve made aren’t premier league quality imo.

Majority are championship players who are unproven in the prem so could be a risk

12 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

As much as i’m jealous of their position, the majority of signings they’ve made aren’t premier league quality imo.

Majority are championship players who are unproven in the prem so could be a risk

Personally think they've been quite smart. A lot of their signings are pretty young, with significant scope for improvement. In future, should Ipswich be relegated, they will either have decent resale value or form the basis of a really strong Championship squad. 

I guess Phillips and Broja are big money 'gambles' in key positions, but they don't seem particularly reckless to me.

Forest's approach seemed much more scattergun - although they did survive. 

5 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

I’m hearing that Ipswich are going to release Freddie Ladapo from his contract this week, which will make him a free transfer. With a year to run, I assume he has something lined up. Could he be the ‘free agent’ PW has referenced?

Could be but it goes against Paul Warnes recruitment red lines that it must be an improvement on what we currently have. Is Ladapo really an improvement on Brown or Collins? 

4 minutes ago, eddielewis said:

Could be but it goes against Paul Warnes recruitment red lines that it must be an improvement on what we currently have. Is Ladapo really an improvement on Brown or Collins? 

For sure yes, but im not sure he gets us enough goals.

8 minutes ago, Srg said:

Can't imagine it's Ladapo. He was underwhelming on loan at Charlton last year. He won't be moving in the Championship.

Are we certain it’s not a free agent from abroad? Most of the free agents I’ve seen suggested so far are from our own domestic leagues.

17 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Are we certain it’s not a free agent from abroad? Most of the free agents I’ve seen suggested so far are from our own domestic leagues.

Would be nice, but wouldn’t know where to start with that. Think the difficulty now is we already have a loanee pencilled in as a starter up front so it’s hard to get another in, unless it’s a loan to buy type scenario. Makes me think the loanee is probably the defender, as if we play a back 3, they would start you’d think. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Ramtastic said:

Allegedly was on £100k per week in Saudi

Not even a Prem team is going to take him on those wages. He knows he's got to take a pay cut. It's just a case of how much of one and what his playing aspirations are.

3 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Ipswich planning to go after Edourd from palace if Broja deal doesn’t happen. So Al-Hamadi will leave on loan I’d imagine, hopefully it’s to become a Ram.

Lets hope he's besties with Jackson then or whatever you boys call it. Knowing our luck they hate each other

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

Not even a Prem team is going to take him on those wages. He knows he's got to take a pay cut. It's just a case of how much of one and what his playing aspirations are.

Is he still in Saudi?

If his contract has expired then he’s currently on zero per week, not 100k.

27 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Is he still in Saudi?

If his contract has expired then he’s currently on zero per week, not 100k.

I don't know if he's still out there, but yes, if he's a free agent his current salary is zero pounds per week. I was referring to him being able to get the same wage as his Saudi wage in England.