Transfer rumours

11 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

McAteer would be great but can’t see us going for another winger/10 now after today. 

Would only be a possibility if Barkhuizen or CBT was to leave on loan

If Warne is right with 2 loans & a free, then maybe this could be the additional 5th loan....Ozoh, Yates, Chirewa, McAteer then either the CB or ST on loan woth the other a freebie

Brighton's Jerry Sarmiento, Malick Yalcouye, Cozer-Duberry and Mark O’Mahoney are going to Championship teams this week on loan, plus a couple of others. Not Jack Hinchelwood, he's staying put. I don't think any of those named would be for us.

Ben Nelson is extremely highly rated by both Leicester and the England youth setup. Would be a cracking defender to get in for a season. Means we're left looking at free agents up front though if it happens (going on PW's comments in interviews)... who's still out there without a club? Can't think of many... although @MACKWORTHRAM's Andre Gray whisper would make sense on a short-term deal!

6 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Ben Nelson is extremely highly rated by both Leicester and the England youth setup. Would be a cracking defender to get in for a season. Means we're left looking at free agents up front though if it happens (going on PW's comments in interviews)... who's still out there without a club? Can't think of many... although @MACKWORTHRAM's Andre Gray whisper would make sense on a short-term deal!

What has Andre Gray been up to in recent years?

Serious question...I thought he'd retired!

6 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

No it doesn’t leave us with free agents, Warne said one might be a free agent not a definite. 

9 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

He was playing in Saudi Arabia last season... don't know much other than that.

7 goals and 3 assists in 26 appearances last season.

24 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Bristol city reporter 

Edited by Rambalin

Re: Andre Gray. I googled him after the mention the other day and a lot came up about his other half (ex Saturdays singer) not liking the long distance and wanting him to come home cos he’s got 2 young kids and how she was hopeful of that cos his contracts up in Saudi. So I could actually see it happening for a year or 2 year deal.

2 hours ago, BWRam said:

Could also be Cannon as a striker option. I see Yates as our main 9 this season so also a rotation option could be handy. Plus we’re local.

Like the look of Yates but really not sure he’s the focal point of an attack. Looks like he runs in behind, plays on the shoulder. We really didn’t hold the ball up too well.

19 minutes ago, Red_ram said:

Re: Andre Gray. I googled him after the mention the other day and a lot came up about his other half (ex Saturdays singer) not liking the long distance and wanting him to come home cos he’s got 2 young kids and how she was hopeful of that cos his contracts up in Saudi. So I could actually see it happening for a year or 2 year deal.

In the right set up, Gray could be a goal machine in the ch'ship. I imagine he's on a massive wage in $audi league, so a deal might be on for a club with lot's of cash to splash.  

Re: Andre Gray

I'm sure i read that the reason Jordan Henderson left Saudi but signed for Ajax rather in an English club is because of income tax. Apparently if he came back to England within a year he would have to pay tax on his massive wages earned in Saudi so he went to Europe instead.

No idea if this is actually true but if it is, according to Wiki, Andre Gray signed for his Saudi club on 7 Sept 2023 - which could be a problem if he returns to England right now ?

Edited by SamUltraRam

3 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

Re: Andre Gray

I'm sure i read that the reason Jordan Henderson left Saudi but signed for Ajax rather in an English club is because of income tax. Apparently if he came back to England within a year he would have to pay tax on his massive wages earned in Saudi so he went to Europe instead.

No idea if this is actually true but if it is, according to Wiki, Andre Gray signed for his Saudi club on 7 Sept 2023 - which could be a problem if he returns to England right now ?

If that is the case, he is a free agent so could always sign 7th Sept anyway as he would only miss the Bristol game & would be able to train with us during the international break