Transfer rumours

6 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

By all means prove me wrong but I don’t think there is any evidence that Warne will not give up on Michael Smith. Derbyshire Live have been banging on recently about Wrexham bidding for Smith but have met the same obstacles we did, massive loan fee and full payment of wages but that was just a page filler rather than a statement that we were still interested. 

Why should it be a loan with Smith, with his contract finishing in 2025, surely he'll be looking for a permanent transfer with a minimum 2/3 year contract?

11 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

He was pretty much fitting and no health professional worth their salt would have entertained his demands to play on. I love his commitment to the cause, but IMO, they were absolutely right. I was told I did something similar after getting wiped out kickboxing (the fitting bit) and 30 seconds later I was apparently arguing I'd not even been clipped. The expression 'knocked senseless' exists for a reason 😂

I suffer with seizures due to spinal cord pain and if I’m having one or just after I’m totally delirious. Cashin was all over the place. It was certainly the right decision to take him off. 

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

Why should it be a loan with Smith, with his contract finishing in 2025, surely he'll be looking for a permanent transfer with a minimum 2/3 year contract?

He'll be 33 in October. No way would we pay a big loan fee and full wages. Nor would we pay a transfer fee and give him a 2 or 3 year contract.

23 minutes ago, Srg said:

Norwich spending £8.5m on a striker from Rakow Czestochowa. And we’re supposed to compete?! 

As I have said before, we can't yet. There really is no point in looking at other teams like Norwich and saying look at them spending that money. Just because they are spending that on an unknown striker, does not mean he will score more than Jerry Yates.

With Norwich look at their outgoings from 23/24 -

Andrew Omobamidele - Sold to Forest for 12.85 million

Max Aarons - Sold to Bournemouth for 8 million

Milot Rashica - Sold to Besiktas for 5.25 million 

Total sales - 26 million

Outgoings so far this window:-

Gabriel Sara - Sold to Galatasaray for 18 million

Adam Idah - Sold to Celtic for 9 million 

Christos Tzolis - Sold to Dusseldorf for 3.25 million

Total sales - 31 million.

So in the last 2 seasons they have made 57 million quid in player sales. 2 season ago we had 5 players on the books.

Last season Norwich spent £3 million quid.

If they sign this striker for 8.5 million then they would have spent around 18.5 million this window.

So made 57 million quid in spending around 22 million. 

This is what we are trying to get to. But we wont be there for a while yet.

32 minutes ago, Srg said:

Norwich spending £8.5m on a striker from Rakow Czestochowa. And we’re supposed to compete?! 

They’re probably not finished either. They sold a lad to Celtic for £8.6m and another to Galatasaray for £15m so are probably still in profit this window. 

9 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

As I have said before, we can't yet. There really is no point in looking at other teams like Norwich and saying look at them spending that money. Just because they are spending that on an unknown striker, does not mean he will score more than Jerry Yates.

With Norwich look at their outgoings from 23/24 -

Andrew Omobamidele - Sold to Forest for 12.85 million

Max Aarons - Sold to Bournemouth for 8 million

Milot Rashica - Sold to Besiktas for 5.25 million 

Total sales - 26 million

Outgoings so far this window:-

Gabriel Sara - Sold to Galatasaray for 18 million

Adam Idah - Sold to Celtic for 9 million 

Christos Tzolis - Sold to Dusseldorf for 3.25 million

Total sales - 31 million.

So in the last 2 seasons they have made 57 million quid in player sales. 2 season ago we had 5 players on the books.

Last season Norwich spent £3 million quid.

If they sign this striker for 8.5 million then they would have spent around 18.5 million this window.

I'm fully aware about all of this.

My point was that some seem to think we can just nip out, sign a decent striker and we'll be sound to compete, minimum mid table.

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

My point was that some seem to think we can just nip out, sign a decent striker and we'll be sound to compete, minimum mid table.

I agree completely.

The striker market is a joke at the moment and we can only get in what we can.

Didn't understand people turning their noses up at Woodrow. 

53 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Niall is thought to be worth north of £50M. Surely, he can spot the club £5M of that?

I'm joking bud. I might also be helping to propagate a wholly baseless rumour. His name cropped up as a potential investor based on the person in question being termed a 'boy' and having supported Derby all their life. There's no evidence to support this as yet, but it's not completely implausible.

FWIW, I'd actually love a wealthy Rams fan to help Clowes share the financial burden, assuming they meet DC's criteria, especially given the cost of strikers is bats**** crazy. The 'lad' or 'boy' reference though, could just as easily refer to someone like Gadsby, with him being a Derby lad and lifelong supporter. I do think DC probably needs and deserves a little help and if it is Horan, then yes, I'd hope he'd have enough liquid assets to help.

39 minutes ago, Srg said:

There's obviously a big gap between what teams can afford, but put it this way who would you rather have upfront?

Collins and Washington or Alfie May, Dion Charles, Joe Taylor, the Japanese lad at Blackburn, Lucas Joao etc?

You may say Collins and Washington which is your prerogative but personally i'd have any of the others. None of these where signed for big bucks, so there is value players about that we don't seem to be signing. 

7 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Warne said something in his post match interview about how it could be 7, 14 or 21 days stand down for Cashin if I remember correctly, depending on the further concussion tests.

I don’t know what the protocol is in football here, I know from watching a lot of NRL that they categorise concussions in different levels and if it’s “category 1” a player is automatically ruled out for an 11 day period. Hopefully Cashin is ok and we get an update in the press conference on Thursday(?)

He has to wait 7 days before he can take the test to see if he's ok, if he fails he must wait another 7 days and retake and a further 7 if again he fails. The only time I'd be thankful for an international break 

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Have Norwich still got this season as one last year of parachute payments as well, which will be in the region of £10m?

At the same time, Delia Smith & her husband have sold off their club shares to an American and took nothing for them, with the money for the shares going towards paying off any debts. 

16 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

There's obviously a big gap between what teams can afford, but put it this way who would you rather have upfront?

Collins and Washington or Alfie May, Dion Charles, Joe Taylor, the Japanese lad at Blackburn, Lucas Joao etc?

You may say Collins and Washington which is your prerogative but personally i'd have any of the others. None of these where signed for big bucks, so there is value players about that we don't seem to be signing. 

Not sure how spending a million quid on May who has twice been approached and twice knocked us back would make a deal of sense. You can say for certain that he'd prosper at Championship level too, can you, as he's now 31 and has never played at a higher level than L1? 

1 minute ago, Comrade 86 said:

Not sure how spending a million quid on May who has twice been approached and twice knocked us back would make a deal of sense. You can say for certain that he'd prosper at Championship level too, can you, as he's now 31 and has never played at a higher level than L1? 

Can't say he would be better but if i could pick out of him or Collins i'd go May. When was it confirmed that May knocked us back twice? All i ever saw was mutterings on here.

2 hours ago, MadAmster said:

Niall is thought to be worth north of £50M. Surely, he can spot the club £5M of that?

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Sponsorship deal for the stadium PA and microphone to make it all legit?! 

So long as his songs aren't played. Even a new £5 million striker isn't with going through that.