Transfer rumours

17 minutes ago, Srg said:

He is better than Bradley though. 

Yep, probably. Interestingly they may know each other, both 32 year old Hull lads who were at Hull City in their youth. Think Cooper still lives in Hull so a commute to Derby is probably more palatable than a commute to the South Coast, though I get he could always move down there. 

1 hour ago, Abu Derby said:

Think we’re after that striker who we’ve been trying to sign for the past 15 years. Can’t spell his name though. 

Jonatan Johansson 😂

Edited by chewbacca

Cooper is 33 in a fortnight, a couple of weeks older than Bradley. Surely we don't want both of them, so maybe Bradders is leaving for first team football elsewhere? 

But where is the pace? I presume we're in for Wiredu but we do need to start getting our main targets over the line. 

5 hours ago, Round the Houses said:

From what I’m led to believe, it’s Alfie Devine that will be speaking with Paul Warne. He’s admired him for a while and even watched him at England Under 20s level. 

Devine could be a good player, remember him looking completely bewildered at Vale when we beat them earlier in the season. You could see he was a decent player but absolutely landed at the wrong spot and was a non-entity in the game. 

I don’t think he did well at Plymouth, showed some ability but poor on the whole. I wouldn’t be against it, but would be a gamble. 

3 hours ago, LazloW said:

When people say they don’t like the window, is that because they think it should close before the season starts or that it should remain open throughout the season?  I must admit I like the period we can sign players - it is quite interesting to see the rumours, the excitement of a new signing coming in, anticipation of seeing them play etc etc.  When the window shuts it takes a little something away from bathe overall enjoyment for me. Obviously, it’s minor relative to the matches themselves but it just adds that little bit for me.

Therefore I much preferred the olden days of being able to sign somebody through most of the season (was the deadline March or something- my memory isn’t what it was).  Kept that interest going and gave an opportunity to address issues when they cropped up. Recognise that now with the massive disparities in finances that model couldn’t work anymore. Would just mean clubs like City buying any and all players who were in a bit of form both to strengthen and disrupt other teams.

So we’re stuck with what we have - but the longer the window the better.  Keeps me coming back to this entertaining thread if nothing else!! 

You are correct - there was a cut off point in the golden days, around February/march from memory, to prevent teams from buying new players in the run in to the end of the season thereby impacting promotion and relegation. 

I would much prefer a return to the old system. The current system encourages brinkmanship on all sides and a flurry of last minute deals that serve to drive up prices (of loan deals as well as permanent transfers). It also means that clubs in the EFL are 3/4 games in by the time the window closes, the PL is not so affected so they’re all right then, so the EFL clubs effectively don’t know their squads until the first month is played out.  Where’s the sense in that? You can limit squad sizes to stop the hoovering up of talent (which was never a problem in years gone by).

If you have to keep the windows (and I accept some enjoy them) then reduce their length to a month (many of the deals will still be done on the last 2 days) and end them on the day the first professional football match kicks off in the UK

9 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Cooper is 33 in a fortnight, a couple of weeks older than Bradley. Surely we don't want both of them, so maybe Bradders is leaving for first team football elsewhere? 

But where is the pace? I presume we're in for Wiredu but we do need to start getting our main targets over the line. 

It was murmured early in the window that Charlton were interested in Bradley 

2 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

Think we’re after that striker who we’ve been trying to sign for the past 15 years. Can’t spell his name though. 

You can just use the first name Yakabu. Would a good option I suppose, and fits our age profile, would he get a work permit though?

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Devine could be a good player, remember him looking completely bewildered at Vale when we beat them earlier in the season. You could see he was a decent player but absolutely landed at the wrong spot and was a non-entity in the game. 

I don’t think he did well at Plymouth, showed some ability but poor on the whole. I wouldn’t be against it, but would be a gamble. 

I'm not sold on this, surely there's better 10's we can bring in? 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Ignore-the article was a rehash from a year ago

Edited by RamLad1884
Messy article

6 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

Makes sense. Mubama is a London lad and it's a 40 minute train ride, or a 1 hour drive back home. Perhaps that plays into it, given he remains in West Ham's emploi and is likely still hopeful of making a breakthrough there.

Might be a long shot now…

Haven't commented for a while. Broke the Jake hinselwood move (which was on close to done ) new manager came in and jack was coming back from injury (now fit) but ohzo was signed instead of him. The Liam cooper (rumour) shout. Is 💩 were not looking or have looked at him at all. 

47 minutes ago, Castor said:

I'm not sold on this, surely there's better 10's we can bring in? 

Maybe, Devine has been a mainstay in the England youth set-up. He's played 26 times between U19, U20 level. He's only just turned 20 at the start of this month and already got experience at a senior level. 

Dane Scarlett is another one who just joined Oxford. A player who hasn't really impacted out on loan before, but in no doubt is a talented boy who has been earmarked as a genuine prospect by both a top-6 club in the country and the national side. 

I think all loan players come with an element of risk, sometimes you just have to roll the dice - take a player with a good pedigree and see what he needs to transition to a first-team level. I think we're in a predicament where we aren't necessarily in a place where we can roll the dice on a talent, hope for the best, whilst safe in the knowledge we have depth in the squad that will see us through. Equally we probably need more talent through the door than what we can afford, so there is going to be an element of risk involved. 

Devine probably comes in with a low-floor, high-ceiling. A wildcard. 

20 minutes ago, Vyrdasm said:

Haven't commented for a while. Broke the Jake hinselwood move (which was on close to done ) new manager came in and jack was coming back from injury (now fit) but ohzo was signed instead of him. The Liam cooper (rumour) shout. Is 💩 were not looking or have looked at him at all. 

Btw we went in for helik from Huddersfield 1.5 mil with Bradley as part exchange. Rejected. Don't think that's going any further. 

7 hours ago, EraniosSocks said:

Jonathan Kodjia

Ok, I’ve got some genuine ITK. He rented a house from my mate when at Villa and left it in a horrendous state. Stuff smeared up the walls and all sorts. My mate has a CCJ out against him in case he comes back to the UK.

Not sure if that’s got any relevance to anything, but just chucking it out there.