Transfer rumours

9 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Not a chance, I think they will finish above Derby, quite comfortably too.

I can't see any reason why you'd reach that conclusion - very few of their signings are a known quantity at Championship level.

Oxford have made good signings for their budget, brought in some Championship experience and gone for some younger players with some potential. I think they're pretty much done now, considering there is a 25-man squad limit.

My real concern for them is how they screen their defence, defensively I think they're probably the weakest side in the league and I don't see much help from that midfield - assuming they play two of El Mizouni, Vaulks or Brannagan in that double pivot. They don't really have a water carrier, someone who will breakup play. They're all more box-to-box midfielders. 

I can see that becoming a problem for them. Equally, there's not a lot of proven goalscorers in that team - if they're running with Mark Harris as their main striker that's deeply concerning. I'm must think that's surely not the case, though? 

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Where did they lose him?

Will Vaulks and El Mizouni or however you spell it, 2 players I would have had here.

I forgot Murphy signed elsewhere.

Oxford will still finish above us, bookmark me, at me tw@ me.

Who you dropping from our midfield out of Ozoh, Ebou, Kenzo and Osborn for Vaulks and El Mizouni?

Bar an attacking midfielder. I'm really happy with our midfield at the minute.

26 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Who you dropping from our midfield out of Ozoh, Ebou, Kenzo and Osborn for Vaulks and El Mizouni?

Bar an attacking midfielder. I'm really happy with our midfield at the minute.

Why drop any? You didn't ask me to swap players, you asked me to name a player Oxford have signed that I would have..I gave you 3, completely forgetting Murphy signed elsewhere.

I can now give you a 3rd though, Ebiowei.

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

8 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Why drop any? You didn't ask me to swap players, you asked me to name a player Oxford have signed that I would have..I gave you 3, completely forgetting Murphy signed elsewhere.

I can now give you a 3rd though, Ebiowei.

Because if you'd have their midfielders then surely you're gonna need to swap them for ones we've signed?

Ebiowei hasn't done a thing. If he hadn't played for us you wouldn't be wanting him here at all. 

3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Because if you'd have their midfielders then surely you're gonna need to swap them for ones we've signed?

Ebiowei hasn't done a thing. If he hadn't played for us you wouldn't be wanting him here at all. 

Equally, had we signed Ebiowei most Derby fans would have been creaming their pants. Ebou hadn't really done anything before coming to us, it means very little.

Brannigan is a midfielder I'd have in a heartbeat too, 

We will have to see how they perform and how we perform. After all, a lot could change, if and when we finally sign more players.

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Equally, had we signed Ebiowei most Derby fans would have been creaming their pants. Ebou hadn't really done anything before coming to us, it means very little.

Brannigan is a midfielder I'd have in a heartbeat too, 

We will have to see how they perform and how we perform. After all, a lot could change, if and when we finally sign more players.

If we signed a winger who had played 16 games in the champ with 1 goal, 12 games at Hull with 0 goals and 5 games abroad with 0 goals. I can assure you we wouldn't be creaming in our pants.

I would have Brannagan as an attacking midfielder now yes. 

For saying you want to sign Il Mizouni how many times you watch him play for Leyton Orient?

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Where did they lose him?

Will Vaulks and El Mizouni or however you spell it, 2 players I would have had here.

I forgot Murphy signed elsewhere.

Oxford will still finish above us, bookmark me, at me tw@ me.

Seriously GIF by maddyshine

Murphy moving on is bad for Murphy, Portsmouth and Oxford IMO.

He’s shown such a horribly low ‘floor’ to his ability when he’s not comfortable in a situation and was struggling to do anything of note in an Oxford team in danger of relegation in League One. He then finds a manager who gets him back on a purple patch and then quickly jumps ship. It’s a daft move all round. 

At the moment, I’d have Portsmouth as my team to finish bottom. I am genuinely surprised at how they’ve approached the market up to now. They’re very reminiscent of the Wigan team that won the league at a canter then swiftly went down in last place under Leam Richardson. I’d even argue that Wigan team had more ability. 

Edited by Ambitious

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

I'm not convinced that you know that Josh Murphy actually LEFT Oxford, never mind "signed elsewhere" TBH.

Your not really someone I'd care too much about convincing TBF.

It was an easy mistake to make, we are missing out on players to Oxford, to Portsmouth, to Sheff Wednesday, to Preston, to everybody..I just got my Pompey and Oxford mixed up. 

I'd still have signed him.