Transfer rumours

17 hours ago, ossieram said:

Yeah, of course you did. 

Will defend @Ghost of Clough here.

He spends a LOT of time researching the game, which is never more obvious than when he relays his incredibly in-depth knowledge of our academy players. 

He's also never given me the impression that he's the kind of bloke who wants to show off how much he knows, or that he'd simply pass off other people's work as his own. Everything he shares is, in my opinion, his genuine view, and he does it with the intention of sparking discussion and helping others become more knowledgeable.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

10 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

He spends a LOT of time researching the game, which is never more obvious than when he relays his incredibly in-depth knowledge on our academy players. 

He's also never given me the impression that he's the kind of bloke who wants to show off how much he knows, or that he'd simply pass off other people's work as his own. Everything he shares is, in my opinion, his genuine view, and he does it with the intention of sparking discussion and helping others become more knowledgeable.

Don't believe you. 

16 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

He spends a LOT of time researching the game, which is never more obvious than when he relays his incredibly in-depth knowledge on our academy players. 

Love those colour graphics…..haven’t got a clue what they mean, but love them 👻

With Kenzo and the new goalkeeper incoming I wonder if these are the fruits of this new analytical team that came in with the ai scouting software that clowes referred to teams like Brighton etc had. If so and they pull up trees and get sold for high fees clowes may have stumbled upon an ingenious gold mine 

22 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

With Kenzo and the new goalkeeper incoming I wonder if these are the fruits of this new analytical team that came in with the ai scouting software that clowes referred to teams like Brighton etc had. If so and they pull up trees and get sold for high fees clowes may have stumbled upon an ingenious gold mine 

Luckily Kenzo is a guaranteed Goldmine … 

11 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

It’s got to be Mo-Bob and his team , that are picking players now . Or what was the reason in appointing them ? Some of these players -we have never heard of . We just need to discover that 25 goal striker and we will be on our way .

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

It’s got to be Mo-Bob and his team , that are picking players now . Or what was the reason in appointing them ? Some of these players -we have never heard of . We just need to discover that 25 goal striker and we will be on our way .

Not a chance that the two new fellas have had any say in players this summer. These guys would have been listed as soon as the January transfer window shut under the heading ‘targets if promoted’. 

The club will already have an idea of some of the players who they want to try and get in January/next summer as contracts come to an end if we stay up. 

22 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Not a chance that the two new fellas have had any say in players this summer. These guys would have been listed as soon as the January transfer window shut under the heading ‘targets if promoted’. 

The club will already have an idea of some of the players who they want to try and get in January/next summer as contracts come to an end if we stay up. 

Mo-Bob etc have been in and around the club since November last year according to the training ground guru article I read and club release’s. So maybe they have had input ? 

6 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Dare I say we can put a bit of praise on Mark Smith now (without going ott before the start of the season), but we’ve seemingly found targets who are a step up from last year, are attainable and aren’t in a market where we are having to outbid other teams. He took a lot of flack last season, probably deserves a bit of praise this time around

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Surely if they've had input it's the DCFChatBot picking the players. That's what their forte is isn't it? 😄

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Bristol City picked up a 22 year old forward (Fally Mayulu) from Austria who I would back to score 20+ in a couple of years time.  He's dominant in the air, a good dribbler, scores and creates a lot of chances. The two downsides being: he cost approx £3m, and his defensive contribution is severely lacking. Definiely one to watch out for once settled though. The price also indicates how difficult it'll be to find a promising young forward, even abroad. With our budget, we need a bit of luck by finding a free agent, or hope a youngster comes through the academy.

26 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

As @Reggie Greenwood points out, they've been involved withthe club for a while so will have had some input. I would be surprised if they didn't have a say in our foreign targets due to the size of that market.

36 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Mo-Bob etc have been in and around the club since November last year according to the training ground guru article I read and club release’s. So maybe they have had input ? 

23 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bristol City picked up a 22 year old forward (Fally Mayulu) from Austria who I would back to score 20+ in a couple of years time.  He's dominant in the air, a good dribbler, scores and creates a lot of chances. The two downsides being: he cost approx £3m, and his defensive contribution is severely lacking. Definiely one to watch out for once settled though. The price also indicates how difficult it'll be to find a promising young forward, even abroad. With our budget, we need a bit of luck by finding a free agent, or hope a youngster comes through the academy.

As @Reggie Greenwood points out, they've been involved withthe club for a while so will have had some input. I would be surprised if they didn't have a say in our foreign targets due to the size of that market.

Ahh perhaps they’ve helped in some way then in terms of the analytics. Do we actually know what analytics they’re focussing on though? 

21 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'm sure the money is available for the right player - IF the club believe in their recruitment process. 

For example, and I'm being facetious, if Haaland was offered to Derby for £20m - I suspect the club would jump at the chance to sign him. Obviously it seems outrageous that we would spend £20m on a player, but ultimately the transfer fee is the value of the asset you want to add to the club. You buy a £200m asset for £20m then you're laughing. Wages are obviously the biggest factor in the day-to-day running of the club. 

The money is available, but the difficulty is finding that value and player you would gamble it on. I think that's why the club are being sensible in their approach. I also find if you're taking a player who has a good reputation in another league - the gamble is negated slightly. Goudmijn is a good example, if he comes in and simply isn't up to it - I'm sure we will be able to find a club in holland willing to take him on at a very similar cost (regardless of his form here). 

Alexander Lind would be a good example of a player who already has a very high reputation in Scandinavia and could represent good value, because if he isn't up to it here - you would always find a suitor for him abroad because of the previous body of work in that league. Jozwiak, although didn't go back to Poland, is another good example - we signed him for £2.5-3m and sold him for £2m despite the club being on its arse.   

21 minutes ago, Dan_Ram said:

Saw this on Twitter, sorry if I’ve pinched from someone on this forum. Not my spot, just sharing:

IMG_4348.jpeg

I can't see it, but would make me laugh taking their best player - the self-confessed best team in League One who will struggle to make the play-offs next season. 

Warne did go all out to make Sheehan's life hell in that home game, so he obviously rates him highly as a player, but don't see the fit in how we set up.