Transfer rumours

44 minutes ago, Matchday Fred said:

Wasn’t Elken Baggott in Lord of the Rings ? Could be mistaken ….

Cheesey headlines incoming.. Baggot bags one, it’s in the bag, baggot bursts the onion bag. Bag bags one, Bagful for Baggot 

2 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

To be fair this is them translating and relaying links coming out of Indonesian football media. So could well have something in it. Not saying they’re the best source but certainly not the worst.

After much searching I did manage to find an FB post, written in Indonesian, on this possible Baggott signing from 2 weeks ago. That post did provide a source, an Indonesian sports site https://sport.detik.com   I attempted to find out how trustworthy they are. Google couldn't find anything and there's nothing about them on Trustpilot.

One thing is clear, though, you and I have totally differing thoughts on the journalistic quality and trustworthiness of "news" put out there by FLW. 

Imagine if someone just got a picture of the way derby have filmed his unveiling video. In fairness him behind the wheel driving up to the ground would be a good one.

9 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

When you look at it player for player it’s not that dramatic overall

Wildsmith - New No.1

Loach - Potentially replaced with a No.3

Smith - Kenzo 

Sibley - Osborn 

Hourihane - New CM

Bird - New CM

Ebou - Ebou 

TJJ - Kayden Jackson

Gayle - Yates 

Waghorn - Another new striker

That’s 10 of the potential 12 and then we need another centre back in my opinion and then another centre mid for extra cover or LWB depending on Osborns preferred role.

Yeah I see what people are saying and I know we have suffered with constant rebuilds due to short contracts in admin but I do wish a manager would say something like “we’re gonna fill 18 spaces in the squad with maximum quality and then we’ll use our cat 1 academy to fill any further holes” 

However, I accept that is not the Warne way 

8 minutes ago, Jram said:

Yeah I see what people are saying and I know we have suffered with constant rebuilds due to short contracts in admin but I do wish a manager would say something like “we’re gonna fill 18 spaces in the squad with maximum quality and then we’ll use our cat 1 academy to fill any further holes” 

I don’t know that that would be any professional manager’s way. 18 senior pros supplemented by academy players would find itself stretched pretty thin once injuries/suspensions and the like starting to bite over a 46 game league campaign with cup games thrown in on top. 

12 minutes ago, Jram said:

It would be 5mins of 'That's brave', 'Great to see the youngsters given a chance'.

Quickly replaced by.... 'Why are we being so small-time', 'We are going to be relegated', 'Why did Clowes say we had a competitive budget', 'Why is there no money left' etc etc.

We threw young players in last time when we had no choice. Ultimately it wasn't a disaster but it's not normally a recipe for a strong season. A sprinkling of youth, added from a position of strength is usually better.

Edited by Chester40

Vickers New Thompson 

Ward Nyambe 

Fozzy Elder Osborn 

Rooney Nelson Bradley Cashin 

Kenzo Fornah Thompson Robinson Adams New 

Barks NML Jackson Wilson CBT 

Collins Yates Washington Brown New 

Thats a 28 man squad but see Washington & Brown being loaned out .

20 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Vickers New Thompson 

Ward Nyambe 

Fozzy Elder Osborn 

Rooney Nelson Bradley Cashin 

Kenzo Fornah Thompson Robinson Adams New 

Barks NML Jackson Wilson CBT 

Collins Yates Washington Brown New 

Thats a 28 man squad but see Washington & Brown being loaned out .

Warne has said about 8 more, you’ve listed 4 including Adams. Think you’ll be a way off. 

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Warne has said about 8 more, you’ve listed 4 including Adams. Think you’ll be a way off. 

Lets see 28 is a good size 32 seems too big to ensure enough players get game time IMO

I personally think it will be...

GK: New Vickers Thompson 

RB: Wilson Ward Nyambe 

LB: Fozzy Elder Osborn 

CB: Rooney Nelson Bradley Cashin New New

CM: Kenzo Fornah Thompson Robinson Adams New New

RW/LW: Barks NML Jackson Wilson CBT New

ST: Collins Yates Washington Brown New 

I also expect Rooney, Fornah, Robinson, Washington and Brown to depart, either on loan or permanently. 

Edited by Nuwtfly