UEFA Euro 2024 Thread

Day

29 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

Must admit not seen Austria matches, Netherlands were ok but thought France should of beaten them, been really impressed with Spain and has you said Belgium looked a lot better last night.

Ralph Rangnick has got them pressing like mad men. As the football ramble podcast said yesterday if England have to play them they'll probably press us into our own net ๐Ÿ˜†. If he had total control at Man Utd in terms of footballing matters he would sorted them out. I'd say them Spain and Germany look the most fluid and club-like in terms of cohesiveness.

10 minutes ago, eddielewis said:

Ralph Rangnick has got them pressing like mad men. As the football ramble podcast said yesterday if England have to play them they'll probably press us into our own net ๐Ÿ˜†. If he had total control at Man Utd in terms of footballing matters he would sorted them out. I'd say them Spain and Germany look the most fluid and club-like in terms of cohesiveness.

I see they play the Netherlands on Tuesday at 17.00pm I will record it has I don't get home from work till 6.30pm.ย 

One thing I do think England have handled relatively well is the player interviews amid the terrible performances.

Staying calm and positive, putting the focus on their chance to put it right in the next game, protecting their team mates publicly, etc.ย 

Iโ€™m sure itโ€™s partly because theyโ€™re all very trained in this by now, and it all could still go horribly wrong on the pitch, but at least theyโ€™re getting something right.ย 

ย 

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

2 hours ago, maxjam said:

I hope non of our players (or manager!) read these forums...

ย 

Two more good interviews from two of the leaders in the camp that understand the importance of confidence going into games. Not losing their head or being disrespectful to pundits giving their opinion, but politely getting their point of view across and encouraging more positivity.ย 

It will be immaterial if the dreadful performances continue, but I think the players have largely nailed the media element recently. Ironically, unlike Southgate himself this tournament.ย 

In 15 years some of these players will be in studios as pundits saying exactly the same thing when the team isnโ€™t hitting the levels we know they can.

1 minute ago, Alph said:

Amazing. Managed to turn a clear scoring chance into a dubious penalty claim.ย 

Genuinely saw better teams in L1 last season they look awful

32 minutes ago, eddielewis said:

Such a stupid rule for the yellow cards to roll over from the group stage to the knockouts.

Why? If a player is yellow-carded in the 2nd and 3rd matches in this round, where's the punishment?

10 minutes ago, Alph said:

Amazing. Managed to turn a clear scoring chance into a dubious penalty claim.ย 

Does that mean they don't like Argentina now!ย