UEFA Euro 2024 Thread

Day

So all teams have played now. Germany looked good but we don’t know how good as Scotland were horrific (along with Ukraine probably worst performance in the tournament so far), Spain won convincingly but weren’t convincing conceding a lot of chances, France were shaky, Portugal were shaky, and England weren’t great although Serbia never looked like scoring. 

In other words all the favourites bar Germany had difficult first matches. Because the first game is usually tricky whoever you play.

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

'Mon Albania.

I'm encouraged by underdog teams giving it a go in this tournament giving it a good go. Lets hope Scotland take note.

14 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

I've watched all the games so far and have been very impressed with the standard, Not a great deal of tippy tappy...to me to you, Full blooded in most games 😊

And I thought tournament football wasn't supposed to be like this, Albania Vs Croatia...my hell for leather at 2-2 👍

I pray that UEFA don't expand it more teams as groups of 4 are perfect for making teams go hell for leather for at least 4 points.  The Turkey/Georgia game yesterday was brilliant.  It was more like basketball!

Having said that, it's UEFA, so they'll find someway of ballsing it up good & proper, just like the Champions League

Draws are killers at this stage. 2 points won’t be enough to go through so Croatia and Albania will have to win their final games.

It’s weird that Hungary will probably lose to Germany, but winning their final game against Scotland and they’ll likely go through.

I said it before, but if you only need 3 points from 3 games to advance, there is something wrong with the format.

4 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

I pray that UEFA don't expand it more teams as groups of 4 are perfect for making teams go hell for leather for at least 4 points.  The Turkey/Georgia game yesterday was brilliant.  It was more like basketball!

Having said that, it's UEFA, so they'll find someway of ballsing it up good & proper, just like the Champions League

There's absolutely no need to go hell for leather,  4 of the 3rd place teams out of 6 groups will go through. 

Everything UEFA and FIFA touch turns to rat s***.

Surprised to see Shaqiri is still only 32. Thought he'd be a lot older, especially as he's already been in the States a couple of years.

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Scotland much better than they were against Germany (it's be hard to be that bad again to be honest) and although slightly frustrated to only have a point it keeps the hopes alive and a win against hungary should do it in this format.

Scotland (-4) win and Switzerland (+2) lose there has to be a 6 goal swing for Scotland to go through

3 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

Scotland (-4) win and Switzerland (+2) lose there has to be a 6 goal swing for Scotland to go through

If Scotland win, four points should be enough for a qualification third placed finish. Not nailed on, of course, especially given their goal difference. 

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

If Scotland win, four points should be enough for a qualification third placed finish. Not nailed on, of course, especially given their goal difference. 

4 out of 6 third place teams go through (it's a really stupid format, it really is) so 4 points would just need 2 of the other groups to have the third placed team on 3 or less, be probably unlikely that all groups have the 3rd place team on 4 points and Scotland go out due to their goal difference.

Much more likely Scotland go out by failing to defeat Hungary, although, it would be the most scottish thing every to get 4 points and then go out....

This competition should really be reduced back to 16 teams.

Edited by RadioactiveWaste

Scotland much improved, but perhaps fortunate to secure a draw. I'd like to see them progress to be honest, if only for the travelling fans who have supported them through thick and thin.

McTominay the stand-out for me. Does Shaquiri ever score ugly goals? From side on I immediately thought, WTF is the keeper doing there, but then you see the reverse view and think, no feckin chance. Some strike!