UEFA Euro 2024 Thread

Day

5 minutes ago, Srg said:

They've looked vulnerable at the back all tournament. They can be got at.

True - even Georgia scored against them. BUT

Spain have beaten Croatia, Italy, France and Germany en route to the final. It would be an absolute travesty if they lost the final after that.

England would have struggled to beat all 4 of those opponents on current form

4 minutes ago, Alph said:

They're quite weak defensively in full back positions. Germany and France found lots of opportunities. They seem to always have a big gap between CBs and fullbacks and neither CB looks eager to get across and cover when they push forward. 

England would obviously have to spring counter attacks rather quickly though. Kane would have to walk really fast and Trippier would have to turn his head 90° to his left sometimes. 

It's a game for Palmer but I think there's more chance of starting with two goalkeepers

It'd be a game for Rashford... oh wait, Southgate picked a squad with nearly the exact same attributes.

19 minutes ago, Alph said:

They're quite weak defensively in full back positions. Germany and France found lots of opportunities. They seem to always have a big gap between CBs and fullbacks and neither CB looks eager to get across and cover when they push forward. 

England would obviously have to spring counter attacks rather quickly though. Kane would have to walk really fast and Trippier would have to turn his head 90° to his left sometimes. 

It's a game for Palmer but I think there's more chance of starting with two goalkeepers

if he plays well Saka could make a paella out of Cucurella 

Edited by kevinhectoring

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

It’s a fair bet that the only team that’s booked its place in the final is the favourite 

They were favourites even before last night...

56 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

True - even Georgia scored against them. BUT

Spain have beaten Croatia, Italy, France and Germany en route to the final. It would be an absolute travesty if they lost the final after that.

England would have struggled to beat all 4 of those opponents on current form

Let's be honest, 3 of the teams you have named there have been absolutely awful this tournament. 

We have just beat Switzerland who drew with Germany and beat Italy, and if we make the final we will have beaten Holland who drew with, and but for a dodgy VAR call, would have beaten France.

Edited by G STAR RAM

Paul Warne is 150/1 to be the next England manager, same odds as Liam Rosenior.

Wayne Rooney is 50/1.

Graham Potter fav, 5/4.

Eddie Howe 7/2.

Mauricio Pochettino 9/2.

Jurgen Klopp 14/1.

Others with Rams connections.

Lee Carsley 16/1.

Frank Lampard 33/1.

Steve Holland 40/1.

Chris Powell 100/1.

Ian Evatt 150/1.

27 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Paul Warne is 150/1 to be the next England manager, same odds as Liam Rosenior.

Wayne Rooney is 50/1.

Graham Potter fav, 5/4.

Eddie Howe 7/2.

Mauricio Pochettino 9/2.

Jurgen Klopp 14/1.

Others with Rams connections.

Lee Carsley 16/1.

Frank Lampard 33/1.

Steve Holland 40/1.

Chris Powell 100/1.

Ian Evatt 150/1.

I've never thought about next England manager.Is Potter the fan choice or just likely candidate. 

I bet Frank is in with a good shout realistically. He's everything they look for in a manager?

25 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

Yep, A dick, A timewaster and one who can't pick the right players...he'll fit in lovely 👍

I'm not a fan either. 

He's a media babe, he's going to be a yes man, won't cause them any problems and is relevant. 

3 hours ago, Anon said:

I agree with the others, but how does players trying to ensure they don't concede a cheap penalty annoy you?

Oh, purely because they are forced to do it simply to abide by the "New" rules.  The stance is as far removed from a natural position/physical reaction as you will see in any professional sport, by any professional athlete!

There's a reason no penguin has ever played professional football!  👀

Bring back "accidental" handball.  Go back to the hand-to-ball rule.  Don't ask human to react in a non-human way!  

58 minutes ago, Alph said:

I'm not a fan either. 

He's a media babe, he's going to be a yes man, won't cause them any problems and is relevant. 

I wouldn't go as far as "a media babe" looks clean cut, Talks a good game but has a little baggage that the media will jump on if things go t!ts up...he left his 1st wife and kids.

Done nowt as a manager...yep got us to the play offs...lost 2-1 then offered the Chelsea job while swanning around the Med 🙄, Done nowt, Then got the Everton job, Done nowt and was called to save Chelsea's season...failed.

Now doing the rounds of punditry, I doubt that the FA will come calling...GP who has turned down jobs in the EPL will get the call, No compensation to pay, No skeletons in his locker, Did a great job at Brighton but not Chelsea where others have failed lately.  

33 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Yeah fair point. Are you counting us as one of the three? 😂

No, we've been far worse than the other 3!

8 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Spain have been by far the best, most cohesive team in the tournament. Lots of their individual players stepping up to a high level too. 

If England get to the final, Spain would have to be the real favourites. We’d need to stick tight and ride our luck at times if we were to win.

The only game changer I could see now would be if their rhythm is sufficiently disrupted by absences. 

Spot on mate, Spain look some side , think our big chance could lie in getting at their full backs, the only sort of weakness I can see, what a player Rodri is btw , one of the best players in the world at the moment imo