24/25 Sky TV Coverage

Was unwatchable for me, only persisted because we were winning and my superstitious football brain made me think if I kept refreshing every 40 seconds then we wouldn’t concede. Will stick to Radio Derby and Rams TV for now I think. 

I’m presuming, because it wasn’t just our game that had these issues, that sky have made an app that can’t support thousands of fans logging on to different live streamed events at one time. Who could predict that could be an issue that would need resolving before the season?? As mentioned I think on twitter,  all Sky have done is keep their app how it was before it was Sky Sports + whilst not solve any problems or making the necessary improvements.

I can’t see why, especially to begin with, you couldn’t spread the games onto skygo and spread the load whilst you sort teething problems. Yeah you might get a pub here and there who would find ways to stream the game (the type of pubs that will do this one way or the other anyway) but surely that’s better than the thousands who got a rubbish service yesterday? Also more fans get to watch games on a tv and you get more casual viewing figures. This is another one of Sky’s ‘having their cake and eating it’ moments where they have the monopoly, and only need to do little things to make an enjoyable project but seemingly refuse to budge on doing the bare minimum.

Edited by TuffLuff

5 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

I’m watching Sunderland and Sheff Wed, the picture quality is horrible when the camera is not zoomed in, the focus doesn’t seem to be working properly. 

Its on Sky ch.403, looks fine.

Couldn’t watch it on NowTV. Worked well for about 10 seconds and then froze totally requiring a total restart so gave up.

Would hope that with so many people having issues they do something about it but suspect I’m being overly optimistic 

36 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Now TV was rubbish on my TV but perfect on the PC. No idea why.

I'm not really au fait with how the streaming works but maybe they had each connected to a different Sky server? In the old days when with Plusnet you used to be able to specify the server to connect to, it made a difference. At least I think that's how it was I could be misremembering! 😄

Just thinking/querying out loud...

I watched the Blackburn game via my SkySports subscription through NowTV*.  I don't recall any negative from that coverage (From a technical pov, not on the pitch! LOL).

Was at the game v Boro, but noticed quite a number of moans about the Sky stream for that game.

When I signed up, I got a 1 month offer for "Boost", which apparently ups the ante from the standard 720p to full 1080p HD (amongst other things).

Prior to my 1st month offer coming to an end, I had every intention to cancel it (Just the Boost bit, that is).  It'll cost me an additional £6pm if I allow it to continue... cancel any time.

Now I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it?  I presume it does, but you may be surprised to learn that I actually have very little techy knowledge, if truth be told.  😜

Did I get good coverage of the Blackburn game due to having Boost?
Did those disgruntled watchers of the Boro game all watching without Boost?
Do I cancel Boost or not?
What do others think?
Etc.

🤷‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Just thinking/querying out loud...

I watched the Blackburn game via my SkySports subscription through NowTV*.  I don't recall any negative from that coverage (From a technical pov, not on the pitch! LOL).

Was at the game v Boro, but noticed quite a number of moans about the Sky stream for that game.

When I signed up, I got a 1 month offer for "Boost", which apparently ups the ante from the standard 720p to full 1080p HD (amongst other things).

Prior to my 1st month offer coming to an end, I had every intention to cancel it (Just the Boost bit, that is).  It'll cost me an additional £6pm if I allow it to continue... cancel any time.

Now I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it?  I presume it does, but you may be surprised to learn that I actually have very little techy knowledge, if truth be told.  😜

Did I get good coverage of the Blackburn game due to having Boost?
Did those disgruntled watchers of the Boro game all watching without Boost?
Do I cancel Boost or not?
What do others think?
Etc.

🤷‍♂️

I've got nowtv + "boost" as having "boost" allows me and 2 close family members in different houses to all stream nowtv at the same time.

We then split the subscription costs 3 ways between us.

Don't know if that helps answer your question though?!

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

I've got nowtv + "boost" as having "boost" allows me and 2 close family members in different houses to all stream nowtv at the same time.

We then split the subscription costs 3 ways between us.

Don't know if that helps answer your question though?!

In theory no... but appreciate your response anyway!  😁🍻

I did notice it said Boost (£6pm) makes it available on 2 devices (versus one device on standard/"Unboosted", or 3 devices on "Ultra Boost" (£9pm).
Neither really affects me, although technically I could share with one (interested) son, but as he flits twixt Southern France and Ukraine (In reality, not via VPN Airways! LOL), last I heard, he's all sorted anyway.

No, I just wondered if Boost gives a better signal/transmission than unboosted (Or is it just a better quality picture, but with the same potential for technical streaming issues/buffering etc as folk were experiencing for the Boro game)?  

🍻

EDIT:

Just checked again... For info...
Ultra Boost (£9) gives 3 devices + 4K Ultra HD HDR + Dolby Atmos + Ad Free
Boost (£6) gives 2 devices +  Full HD 1080p + 5.1 surround sound + Ad Free
Standard gives 1 device + 720p res + Stereo + Ads

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Boost (£6) gives 2 devices +  Full HD 1080p + 5.1 surround sound + Ad Free

For some reason the £6 Boost I have allows up to 3 concurrent streams! We split the cost 3 ways and there's never been an issue 🤷

45 minutes ago, Carnero said:

For some reason the £6 Boost I have allows up to 3 concurrent streams! We split the cost 3 ways and there's never been an issue 🤷

I seem to recall 3 when I've had it in the past (4 or 5 years ago?).

Maybe it's carried on for existing/longer running subscriptions (You?), but then changed for new users when they brought in the so-called superior Ultra-boost?

That's assuming you've had this for a while?  🤷‍♂️