24/25 Sky TV Coverage

3 hours ago, TerryH said:

It’s a really interesting point 

What timing would you go for ? 

I would go for 12 noon.  Get up, nice cooked breakfast, drive the 1 and a half hours to the ground.  Get home before 4pm and it is light even in the bleakest mid-winter.

It's what I'm driving at really - Every time is either good or bad for someone. The idea that 3pm is perfect is not based in reality - it is reasonable for many, but there will be many who hate it. I saw the 7.30pm kick off comment above, but I'd rather 8pm as it makes it much easier for me to get to games without having to brave the M1 at peak rush hour.  

Edited by CBX1985

11 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

I would go for 12 noon.  Get up, nice cooked breakfast, drive the 1 and a half hours to the ground.  Get home before 4pm and it is light even in the bleakest mid-winter.

It's what I'm driving at really - Every time is either good or bad for someone. The idea that 3pm is perfect is not based in reality - it is reasonable for many, but there will be many who hate it. I saw the 7.30pm kick off comment above, but I'd rather 8pm as it makes it much easier for me to get to games without having to brave the M1 at peak rush hour.  

I prefer 12.30 kickoff for away games, like you say, driving home in the daylight is preferable.

33 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

We must be a similar distance away !

And my Saturday routine  always involves a full English too , although brunch for a 3pm k off . Keeps you going the whole day, and part of the match day ritual .

And as you say, the benefit of the lunchtime k offs is you get home at a decent time and can listen to the footy elsewhere on the radio on the way home . Plus there are still trains running a long time after final whistle if you travel by train ! 

Not proud... but I've succumbed!  OK, I'm weak!   🙄

Had the intention of forking out for a day pass this avvy, but I noticed it's gone up from the £11.99 I paid last time, to £14.99, at the very moment NOWTV emailed me with a £19.99pm for 12 months offer!  Damn those algorithms! 
(Normally £34.99, admittedly only a rolling 1 month contract).

Maybe I'd have held out normally, but with the amount of games they're showing this season... and specifically how many Rams (away) games I'll now get the chance to watch... I decided to bite the bullet.

Any other (non-Rams) games will most likely be few and far between, but hey, they'll be available if I've nowt else better to do.  

On 09/08/2024 at 19:44, Mucker1884 said:

Not proud... but I've succumbed!  OK, I'm weak!   🙄

Had the intention of forking out for a day pass this avvy, but I noticed it's gone up from the £11.99 I paid last time, to £14.99, at the very moment NOWTV emailed me with a £19.99pm for 12 months offer!  Damn those algorithms! 
(Normally £34.99, admittedly only a rolling 1 month contract).

Maybe I'd have held out normally, but with the amount of games they're showing this season... and specifically how many Rams (away) games I'll now get the chance to watch... I decided to bite the bullet.

Any other (non-Rams) games will most likely be few and far between, but hey, they'll be available if I've nowt else better to do.  

I've done exactly the same. When the day passes are as expensive as they are, may as well.

I'm actually gobsmacked by the number of people in the UK complaining on social media that they can't get RamsTV... do they not read the press? Do they not read the club website? Do they not read what's been posted on forums like this one?

4 hours ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

Same for me in the first half, but I reset my router at half time and had no more trouble. 

Watched via phone in second half, much smoother.