Pre season

Just now, Animal is a Ram said:

Disagree on CBT and Brown being poor, but NML wasn't his usual effective self.

I was a little worried we might be a but lightweight in midfield after Ebou went off, but Thomo, Osborn and Goudmijn were effective.

Feel as if we're going to look to play on the counter a lot this season, more so than last. 

3-4-3 system works well on the counter. If you have quick attackers and some solid passers in midfield (Kenzo looks like he fits that bill). We just need to make sure the back 3 can be comfortable on the ball. Cashin and Nelson can do that. Nyambe seems capable too. Bradley is borderline for me for that position.

Well done to the team today for a hard fought win in hot conditions. A good workout for all. Hopefully Adams injury isn't serious and he's back training asap.

8 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Best players - Kenzo, Jackson, Wilson, Tommo, Osborn, Bradley, Cashin.

Players who looked off it - Yates, NML, CBT.

everyone else was solid. 

Good job you stuck Jackson in the best players or you'd probably have racism accusations levelled at you too 😂

9 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

I know that many on the forum have given sound excuses for CBT not being up to speed yet but I can feel it in my water (ooh missus) that he’s going to turn out to be a dud

Even if he is we'll still get our money back from a L1 club.

14 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

I know that many on the forum have given sound excuses for CBT not being up to speed yet but I can feel it in my water (ooh missus) that he’s going to turn out to be a dud

In the very limited time I have seen him, he just feels like the polar opposite of a typical Warne signing.

Polar opposite? Not a chance.

In many ways he's the archetypal Warne signing. The physical characteristics are all there, he plays on instinct, always wants to create something, loves to run with the ball, to stretch teams on the break, clearly has at least some proficiency in his crossing and shooting which in a Warne system is usually enough because you sling in so many crosses the law of averages says you'll get some decent numbers.

So far the only thing that seems contrary to him being a Warne player is a lack of application, which is massively surprising when his signing was made such a priority last season. Surely he can't be the same in training?

At least today I thought he tried to get himself involved in the game, but he's just so easily nullified and dispossessed when not given space to charge into that you can usually see ahead of time when it's about to happen. To be fair he'd probably have had a better impact had he and Jackson's minutes been reversed.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

16 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Best players - Kenzo, Jackson, Wilson, Tommo, Osborn, Bradley, Cashin.

Players who looked off it - Yates, NML, CBT.

everyone else was solid. 

Agree with this on the whole.  

Thought Brown did well and looks a good option for when we’re chasing a game and want to go direct.

On this showing Yates needs to bulk up cus there’s no way he can be the No 9 we need.  But hey, it’s only his 2nd game, and it was almost 40 degrees, so I won’t be too reactionary just yet

4 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Just realised it’s 10 years since the George Thorne saga so I hope everyone’s ready for the Ebou Adam’s injury game

2 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Ebou off with what looks like a dead leg.

@Leicester Ram you need to keep quiet

2 hours ago, Big Bad Bob said:

It has been discussed on the forum and is on the Web site. Do you really want to give your coffees to sky rather than dcfc? 

I paid my fiver for Matlock. Missed the Stockport game today as I was picking my lad up. I will be paying my fiver a go for the other pre season friendlies on top of my £20 a month for RamsTV.

17 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

I paid my fiver for Matlock. Missed the Stockport game today as I was picking my lad up. I will be paying my fiver a go for the other pre season friendlies on top of my £20 a month for RamsTV.

I still subscribe to rams TV 12 months a year and I've paid for and watched both pre season games. 

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

Agree with this on the whole.  

Thought Brown did well and looks a good option for when we’re chasing a game and want to go direct.

On this showing Yates needs to bulk up cus there’s no way he can be the No 9 we need.  But hey, it’s only his 2nd game, and it was almost 40 degrees, so I won’t be too reactionary just yet

He is the lean mean striker mould like Gayle not the over muscled version like Brown.