Pre season

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

Good to hear from the young GK.  Difficult (and harsh!) to judge on the basis of one interview, but doesn't seem ready for the first team squad.  Hope he gets a good loan and continues to progress. Def one for the future 🙂 

The club seem keen on raising Jack's profile as part of his development; he features quite a bit on Rams TV for one so young. I wonder if it's the club and Paul Warne pushing back on the doubters who think youth development is not a priority from within the club. We've got a particularly good group of 17, 18 and 19 year olds coming through and for me it's a positive that the coaches are keen to regularly integrate them in first-team training to encourage development. With nine subs on the bench in the Championship it provides more opportunity to give minutes to academy players, particularly outfield players, when the time is right in a game.

2 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

It was mentioned by a couple of people the other day that there’s a trialist keeper out in Spain with the squad. Dom Dietrich is out there for a couple of days doing some reporting for the beeb and shared the following image;

Because I’m sad I zoomed in and towards the back of the group there does appear to be someone running with GK gloves on, who isn’t Jack Thompson or Josh Vickers;

IMG_3629.jpeg

There are definitely three different keepers in yellow shirts at the start of the video below, as well as the gk coach.

7 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Anyone else think Warne is conspicuously absent from a lot of the media coverage since pre season began? I’m not peddling a conspiracy theory or anything here as he’s clearly there taking training sessions and the like, I just have a memory of him doing a lengthy interview or two last summer whereas this time around I think there’s only been the Matlock post match interview. 

I’ll add as a caveat that I know some would prefer that he’s not interviewed much. Just strikes me as odd we’ve not had much from him on the new signings, the work at Moor Farm before flying out, and then anything this week in Spain. 

For info, Dom from Radio Derby said he has an interview with Warne tomorrow 

8 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Anyone else think Warne is conspicuously absent from a lot of the media coverage since pre season began? I’m not peddling a conspiracy theory or anything here as he’s clearly there taking training sessions and the like, I just have a memory of him doing a lengthy interview or two last summer whereas this time around I think there’s only been the Matlock post match interview. 

I’ll add as a caveat that I know some would prefer that he’s not interviewed much. Just strikes me as odd we’ve not had much from him on the new signings, the work at Moor Farm before flying out, and then anything this week in Spain. 

1 hour ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

Just woke up partially pissed and ready for the game today, see everyone in the La Pirana Beer and Tapas at 9.30 for brekkie 👌

We're finishing breakfast in San Pedro and will make our way there. We set off at 6 so the lads were desperate for liquids 😂

14 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Just realised it’s 10 years since the George Thorne saga so I hope everyone’s ready for the Ebou Adam’s injury game

Sort of comment a reddog would come out with, lets hope all the players come through unscathed, eh?

Rohan Luthra is the keeper we've been seeing - 22yo formerly of Cardiff.

4 full backs, Paul? 

Vickers
Wilson      Nyambe       Nelson       Forsyth          Elder
                           Goudmijn      Adams
     CBT                          Yates                        NML

Edited by Animal is a Ram

Starters
Vickers
Nyambe   Nelson   Forsyth
Wilson   Adams   Goudmijn   Elder
Mendez-Laing   Blackett-Taylor
Yates

Finishers?
Luthra/JThompson
DRobinson   Bradley   Cashin   Osborn
Barkhuizen   LThompson   
Jackson   Collins   DBrown   Washington

Luthra is a 22 year old GK who was released by Cardiff this summer. Was at Palace's academy before that

Looking at Luthra's record, I would guess at him being an U21 signing but part of the current camp due to us not signing out 1st chocie GK yet.

With JThompson being around our first team or out on loan, the U21s will need another keeper to compete with Shattell.

Finishing XI? I’m guessing Its

Luthra 

Robinson Bradley Cashin 

Jackson Tommo Osborn Barkhuizen

Dajaune Collo Washington 

If Fornah isn’t involved unless he picked up an injury maybe he’s off ?