Pre season

2 minutes ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

nice to see different variations of attack.  what impressed me 2nd half when playing 442 was brown dropping deep, picking the ball up and putting in a few thru balls. 

really do think blackett taylors decision making needs to better tho

CBT is a waste of time. A one season wonder who seems unable to beat anyone near the box, shoot or score. Get rid.

A good run out, but that is all it was, great to see Rooney back in, and Yates, was always in the box can see 15 goals if he keeps fit. Looking forward to the new season now. Still need a Goal Keeper, 2 centre mids, 2 forwards and a left back. Sell Washington and let Brown go on loan for a season to a division 1 team. 

Edited by DerbyAleMan

5 minutes ago, DerbyAleMan said:

A good run out, but that is all it was, great to see Rooney back in, and Yates, was always in the box can see 15 goals if he keeps fit. Looking forward to the new season now. Still need a Goal Keeper, 2 centre mids, 2 forwards and a left back. Sell Washington and let Brown go on loan for a season at division 1 team. 

I'm willing to give anyone a try, the youngsters are always worth a punt, Fornah had something,  Forsyth has been there done it, Bradley is something different (ie danger in their box) and has been through this league.

But....Washington... I saw very little last season. He's still not 100% and isn't a spring chicken and plays in a way that exacerbates his injuries ie burst of pace, off the shoulder... just can't see him being that much use to us.

If Warne sees something I'm not going to argue but I can't see it yet.

Edited by Chester40

14 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I'm willing to give anyone a try, the youngsters are always worth a punt, Fornah had something,  Forsyth has been there done it, Bradley is something different (ie danger in their box) and has been through this league.

But....Washington... I saw very little last season. He's still not 100% and isn't a spring chicken and plays in a way that exacerbates his injuries ie burst of pace, off the shoulder... just can't see him being that much use to us.

If Warne sees something I'm not going to argue but I can't see it yet.

Agree on Washington, was really underwhelming in league one . Seems highly unlikely would be improving in a league above.

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

Anyone particular shine? 
Anyone particularly looked off the pace? 

Wilson, Fornah, Stepien-Iwumeme and NML probably the best first half.

Thommo, Rooney, Brown and Yates probably the best second half. 

Kenzo showed what he’s about, played a couple of lovely passes. Jackson took his goal well but didn’t do much else. CBT roasted his man a few times but struggles to make a decisive action at the end of it, and opts to try beat the man again. Yates showed he will score goals, gets in the right places consistently. 

As for off the pace? Tough to say so early in a game like that. Think Elder should’ve scored and should have done better a few times going forward. Collins struggled to get in the right position and was noticeably immobile when you had the supporting cast he was on with. Nyambe was solid but do wish he would back himself to get half a yard and cross from time to time. Defence and keepers untroubled. 

All in all, lightyears better than last year’s game here. Was a decent tempo and we pressed quite high, consistently getting the ball back in their half. Was an enjoyable watch for a friendly. 

9 minutes ago, Srg said:

Wilson, Fornah, Stepien-Iwumeme and NML probably the best first half.

Thommo, Rooney, Brown and Yates probably the best second half. 

Kenzo showed what he’s about, played a couple of lovely passes. Jackson took his goal well but didn’t do much else. CBT roasted his man a few times but struggles to make a decisive action at the end of it, and opts to try beat the man again. Yates showed he will score goals, gets in the right places consistently. 

As for off the pace? Tough to say so early in a game like that. Think Elder should’ve scored and should have done better a few times going forward. Collins struggled to get in the right position and was noticeably immobile when you had the supporting cast he was on with. Nyambe was solid but do wish he would back himself to get half a yard and cross from time to time. Defence and keepers untroubled. 

All in all, lightyears better than last year’s game here. Was a decent tempo and we pressed quite high, consistently getting the ball back in their half. Was an enjoyable watch for a friendly. 

Spot on. 

1 hour ago, Magicman said:

He had chances last season to adjust and contributes zero

He played a big part in getting a vital point at Portsmouth, where he showed what he was capable of producing. A player with his pace and control of the ball at speed can be an asset if Warne can get him producing those moments more consistently.

Hopefully cbt improves quite quickly, was very underwhelming after signing. Played well at Pompey as mentioned but think we all expected more.

just seems really casual, doesn’t protect the ball well and pretty much the opposite of a Warne player. Let’s hope has a good pre season!