Retained List

11 minutes ago, TooFarInToTurnRed said:

Is Wildsmith definitely out of contract? His comments to Radio Derby after the match suggested he was definitely here next year. 

They just said on the radio he had a contract offer in January he had no interest in signing.  Hadn't heard that but they've got it from somewhere.  

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

They just said on the radio he had a contract offer in January he had no interest in signing.  Hadn't heard that but they've got it from somewhere.  

Maybe they were still thinking he might be 2nd choice, it seemed that way when Vickers came in before getting injured?

10 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

From the Radio Derby Reaction Podcast at 43m40s, transcript of what he said:

"There's a good core of players here who are still in contract, I'm sure the club will work its magic in the summer and really rebuild again. To make sure that we are not battling to stay in the division but battling and competing in that division."

8 hours ago, mike93rh said:

Hourihane, Elder and Barks I'd release. 

Thompson and Sibley I'd keep in a heartbeat. I think Thompson in particular would fair better in the championship than league 1...

Elder still has a year left. 

1 hour ago, TooFarInToTurnRed said:

From the Radio Derby Reaction Podcast at 43m40s, transcript of what he said:

"There's a good core of players here who are still in contract, I'm sure the club will work its magic in the summer and really rebuild again. To make sure that we are not battling to stay in the division but battling and competing in that division."

Someone better have a word with Steele then. We is something I'd assume he'd say, questions would be incoming if he said they.  We'll see I suppose.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Elder still has a year left. 

"Derby County have signed Australia left-back Callum Elder on a three-year deal following his Hull City departure.

The 28-year-old, who played more than 130 games for the Tigers in four years, will move to Pride Park when his Hull contract expires at the end of June."

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"Derby County have signed Australia left-back Callum Elder on a three-year deal following his Hull City departure.

The 28-year-old, who played more than 130 games for the Tigers in four years, will move to Pride Park when his Hull contract expires at the end of June."

Oh christ, he has 2.

Damn.

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Oh christ, he has 2.

Damn.

Elder is one of Warne’s favourites- he always seems to get straight back on after injuries . At 28 he is one of our “Youngsters”. Expect to see a lot of him next season .

1 minute ago, jimtastic56 said:

Elder is one of Warne’s favourites- he always seems to get straight back on after injuries . At 28 he is one of our “Youngsters”. Expect to see a lot of him next season .

He's a left back Conor Sammon. Bit of an athlete, tragic footballer.

5 minutes ago, Srg said:

He's a left back Conor Sammon. Bit of an athlete, tragic footballer.

Just hope we can see better performances if he can get a good pre-season. But he will have to play a lot better since Sibley was way superior in a "new" position for him. 

Elder isn't a bad fullback, but he's struggled with injury (out for 20 league games) and has limited ability as a wingback.
Don't know if I'd count him as a 'miss' but definitely not a hit.

Hopefully he has an injury-free run. Or, more hopefully, we can swap him for Harrison Burrows.

51 minutes ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

Elder isn't a bad fullback, but he's struggled with injury (out for 20 league games) and has limited ability as a wingback.
Don't know if I'd count him as a 'miss' but definitely not a hit.

Hes looked pretty decent when he came back from in jury, shame he then got injured again. I suspect he might be a good player for us next season if he can stay fit. A good pre season will help.

Elder is a lucky charm, if nothing else.

Promoted in 17/18 with Wigan 98pts, 29 goals conceded.
Promoted in 20/21 with Hull 89pts, 38 goals conceded.
Promoted in 23/24 with Derby 92pts, 37 goals conceded.

He might be a player who has a small market, but ultimately he's our only left back at present. 

In the Championship we will need young more athletic and technically gifted players. As we do not have a lot of money to spend we really need to pick up 3 or 4 players from Premier League clubs on season long loans. Although we would need to pay loan fees it avoids the need to commit to 3 or 4 year contracts on youngsters who may not develop.