Dajaune Brown

8 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

I think he could have offered us something if we were still in League 1, but the Championship is probably too big a step

He's at the age where he will improve rapidly as the full man's strength kicks in. I bet he plays a few games for us next year and then  really kicks on the following season

15 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

I think he could have offered us something if we were still in League 1, but the Championship is probably too big a step

As PW has already said, it's in Daj's hands. he produces the goods pre season, he's in. If they think he's not quite ready, he'll go out on loan as part of his development.

1 hour ago, Shuff264 said:

Is a total guess really, none of us seen him play enough. Warne looking at him pre season hopefully 

I think that it will be important for him to get some game time in pre-season and more importantly in the real thing, in the early Championship games, before they can assess what is best for him over the rest of the season.

For all we know, he could be perfectly at home in the Championship and save us some money.

24 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Is a total guess really, none of us seen him play enough. Warne looking at him pre season hopefully 

PW has already said, it's in Daj's hands. he produces the goods pre season, he's in. If they think he's not quite ready, he'll go out on loan as part of his development.

8 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I think that it will be important for him to get some game time in pre-season and more importantly in the real thing, in the early Championship games, before they can assess what is best for him over the rest of the season.

For all we know, he could be perfectly at home in the Championship and save us some money.

PW has already said, it's in Daj's hands. he produces the goods pre season, he's in. If they think he's not quite ready, he'll go out on loan as part of his development.

5 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

6 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

1 hour ago, MadAmster said:

As PW has already said, it's in Daj's hands. he produces the goods pre season, he's in. If they think he's not quite ready, he'll go out on loan as part of his development.

Don't you think that maybe the only test of Brown's ability is to play him at the level we're wanting him to play at. I do.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Don't you think that maybe the only test of Brown's ability is to play him at the level we're wanting him to play at. I do.

Agreed, those first few Championship games in August will be the key, competitive games against the same type of opposition that he's likely to face throughout the season.

2 hours ago, ram59 said:

The problem is that the window closes (for loans as well I think except for emergency goal keepers) at the end of August. There won’t be much time to blood him in the Championship if we might be sending him out on loan again.

24 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

The problem is that the window closes (for loans as well I think except for emergency goal keepers) at the end of August. There won’t be much time to blood him in the Championship if we might be sending him out on loan again.

We've probably got 4 league games in which to assess him, hopefully he'll get enough minutes on the pitch during those 4 games to give the coaching staff enough time to assess what's best for him and the club.

I think Warne will have an idea before going into those first league games, based off of how he reports back and performs in training / pre-season matches. Warne will also be conscious of how he comperes with other signings. If we have a strong window then he may find his chances limited, and so out sooner; if we faff around for 3 months and only sign a 37 year old from the Wendies then he's got a chance with us.

My theory is Warne will line up a loan deal, and then see what transfer deadline day brings. Depending on the vast array of moving parts on that day, it may look like he's staying then Jim White does his excited rambly thing and then he is off to Burton Albion.

This I'm sure wont be unusual, I can imagine quite a few teams will have young players who are "nearly there" and would stay or go depending on deadline day activities.

Hmm I seem to believe we'll leave it late.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

PW has already said, it's in Daj's hands. he produces the goods pre season, he's in. If they think he's not quite ready, he'll go out on loan as part of his development.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Norman said:

Has PW said anything about him and pre-season?

Yes.

PW has already said, it's in Daj's hands. he produces the goods pre season, he's in. If they think he's not quite ready, he'll go out on loan as part of his development.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7