What comfortable shoes do you wear ?

Malagaram

I am diabetic and suffer with nerve pain in my feet,and living in Spain cant find anything made here in Spain for comfort.So I am appealing to any rams fans who might be able to give me advice on a good English shoe,have been looking at doc martins online but havent any experience in wearing them.Any thoughts anybody

Another nod on Skechers. My workout trainers are Nike, but the ones I bought specifically for long strolls are brilliant and comfortably under £100. Shop around though as they are always deals to be had, but ensure you're buying real Skechers as there's plenty of moody stuff on Ebay and the like.

https://www.skechers.co.uk/skechers-arch-fit---titan/232200_BKW.html

Edited by Comrade 86

I'd go with Skechers wide-fitting shoes.

I've had what I've always thought to be arthritis in my feet (along where the shoe tongue sits) so not sure if it's similar to what you're experiencing. For the last year or so I have taken Gopo capsules which are based on rosehip extract and the pain has definitely subsided - might be worth a go?

3 hours ago, Malagaram said:

I am diabetic and suffer with nerve pain in my feet,and living in Spain cant find anything made here in Spain for comfort.So I am appealing to any rams fans who might be able to give me advice on a good English shoe,have been looking at doc martins online but havent any experience in wearing them.Any thoughts anybody

There's a lot of Vitamin C in rosehip -GOPO- so consider that with the diabetes if you take it.  Can cause issues with blood thinners as well.😊

11 hours ago, Malagaram said:

You’ll hate Docs when they’re brand new - they’ll rip your heels to pieces until they’re broken in - then they’ll be super comfy for years to come…

2 hours ago, Gaspode said:

You’ll hate Docs when they’re brand new - they’ll rip your heels to pieces until they’re broken in - then they’ll be super comfy for years to come…

Yep. They are best off bought second hand.

I'm a fan of Asics as well as Skechers, Asics walking shoes are the comfiest I've owned. 

Edited by sage

10 hours ago, Malagaram said:

Thank you,will have a look at Gopo Capsules

Thank you Wolfie 20,having read your post,and that you have been having pain on your upper foot(which is as you said the area where the shoe tongue fits),I think that your problem is skeletal,ie the bones in your foot,and my problem is the nerves under the foot,diabetic neuropathy.Have been on the Gopo website and it states that the capsules are for arthritis or osteo athritis,so I dont think it will help nerve pain,but anyway thank you for taking the time and trouble to respond,and that also applies to the others who have replied to my question.

8 hours ago, Gaspode said:

You're spot on. My latest pair destroyed my heels and under the ancle bone for ages, but they're now super comfortable. I forgot to use my dad's trick. A hammer and a well carpeted staircase. Beat the hell out of the back and sides around the boarder and it's like a few weeks of wearing them in.

For everyday casual to full on hiking, I can highly recommend the Merrell Moab 2 (More trainer-look than shoe, so not for the smarter look)
I'm not a jeans guy, but these are my weekend go-to's with cargo pants/similar.

61IxBWLXxcL._AC_SY695_.jpg

Can also recommend their boot version for winter.

... and they do a vented (but not open-toed) walking sandal for summer.  As good for summer holiday cycling as they are for summer hiking (inc. Spanish River Walks! 😁)

Merrel All Out Blaze Sieve:
all-out-blaze-sieve-j65243-p632-2304_zoom.jpg

I've got all 3 of the above.
I too have succumbed to the Skechers this past 18months.  (Two pairs, both from Costco).  Comfy, light, half-sizes, but again, strictly casual, of course.

Most of the week, I'm in semi-smart black shoes for the office, but from the work range, as they're toe-tectors, for when I can't be arsed to don my proper on-site working boots.

I do have various "smart shoes", but they're run of the mill (Mainly from Burtons Menswear, as Muckerette got staff discount, but they're now shut down!) and just so-so.  Certainly not something I'd jump up and shout out about from a specific comfort perspective.  I don't need anything mega-bucks for smart, as they are not a common/everyday requirement for me.

Edited by Mucker1884