What comfortable shoes do you wear ?

Malagaram

1 minute ago, 1of4 said:

This advice is all well and good. But finding someone to give a good kicking, to properly break them in, may be more of a problem than it use to be.

If you can bring yourself to p*ss on them, and rub it in, you might find that will help.

33 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

This advice is all well and good. But finding someone to give a good kicking, to properly break them in, may be more of a problem than it use to be.

B-O-V..V-E-R bovver boys is what we are.We kick like Donkeys kick like hell, Kick like fcuking Colin Bell 😁

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

You're spot on. My latest pair destroyed my heels and under the ancle bone for ages, but they're now super comfortable. I forgot to use my dad's trick. A hammer and a well carpeted staircase. Beat the hell out of the back and sides around the boarder and it's like a few weeks of wearing them in.

I'm not sure your age rich, But there was a time in the 70s when we'd paint the outside of the rubber sole, I did my cherry red Docs in yellow paint, That night I put them on and I looked the bees knees, Walked across Chadd Park to my local...got to the bar and It looked like I'd gone trekking in the Amazon, Paint was still tacky and the Council had cut the grass on the Park...fcuk me 😬

Turps and a rag did the job but had to keep them outside near the coal shed to get rid of the turps smell 😮

1 hour ago, Ram-Alf said:

I'm not sure your age rich, But there was a time in the 70s when we'd paint the outside of the rubber sole, I did my cherry red Docs in yellow paint, That night I put them on and I looked the bees knees, Walked across Chadd Park to my local...got to the bar and It looked like I'd gone trekking in the Amazon, Paint was still tacky and the Council had cut the grass on the Park...fcuk me 😬

Turps and a rag did the job but had to keep them outside near the coal shed to get rid of the turps smell 😮

I'll be 61 in June.

I had my first Docs (tan boots) when I was about 14. Polished them every day with dark tan polish and buffed them up with a cloth for at least 15 minutes each. They ended up a lovely conker colour that you could almost see your reflection in. Never did paint them, no 😂😂

1 hour ago, Ram-Alf said:

Blimey - does that mean you're now in your 80s (or even more)?  😉

Doc Martins will not help you if you have foot problems. You need soft trainers. I have always walked long distances every day - 10 miles most days - and I don't get sore feet. Most brands of trainers work for me and I also wear thick soft woollen socks. Good quality socks are expensive and hard to find, but I think they are as important as the trainers. I even wear thick wool socks in the summer and my feet do not sweat despite all the walking.

I have worn all the trainer brands mentioned and they seem about the same to me. The ones I am wearing at the moment are adidas lightmotion. I didn't buy them. Someone gave them to me and they are good enough.

I used to buy Doc Martin shoes in the 1970s and they were good for walking but they were nowhere near as comfortable as trainers. I have read that the Doc Martins you see today don't have the same quality as the 1970s ones. Even in the 1970s the air pockets in the sole would split after about 6 months. Today they probably don't even last that long. 

Since about 2000 I just go out in trainers. I have a pair of quality shoes I bought around 1990 but I only wear them for things like funerals. I can't imagine wearing trainers to a funeral. It would be very disrespectful.

Edited by Normanton Lad

I don't know whether this is transferable across gender, but I find trainers with their flat soles really uncomfortable these days.

I wear New Balance running shoes, which are really lightweight and have curved soles that really seem to help the forward movement! 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I don't know whether this is transferable across gender, but I find trainers with their flat soles really uncomfortable these days.

I wear New Balance running shoes, which are really lightweight and have curved soles that really seem to help the forward movement! 

Welcome Angie.x

14 hours ago, Ram-Alf said:

Chadd Park Hotel?……..went all upmarket as the Beau Brummell. 😁

As for shoes……………………..Skechers for me as well.

On 19/02/2024 at 08:58, Old Spalding Ram said:

Chadd Park Hotel?……..went all upmarket as the Beau Brummell. 😁

As for shoes……………………..Skechers for me as well.

It went up market when it changed it's name to the "Girodat" after Chadd Park Hotel 😊 Same furniture, Same wallpaper, Same carpet, Same staff...different name, A little later came the Beau Brummell...Why!, No relevance at all...a Dandy Chap tho

image.png.edbe1523a55ff89672024439429a47c9.png...😁