Paul Warne

Day

10 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Ive been a fan for over 55 years, but i think you can be a touch sarcastic at times.

Yes I can. However I do tend to stick to comments about the football/players/manager, that's the difference.

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Perhaps we need to produce a pamphlet "accepting Paul Warne" or "How to be open to the light of Paul Warne's Derby County "

Bobble hatted missionaries going across the country, spreading the good news of Derby's promotion, starting places of worship for converts...

Issue them with collecting plates too, for the finances needed to compete in the Championship! πŸ˜„

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

One chicken, two chickens, three chickens.....

IF it happens, it will indeed be a very good achievement.

You should not count your chickens.... Or you could end up with egg on your face.Β 

To keep the pun-fest going...

I should've said an eggs-ellent achievement

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

You are another poster without a clue about what I feel about Derby County. Stick to making comments about the football mate.Β πŸ‘

You make your feelings about all things Derby County crystal clear Roy , totally negative

Β 

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β Mr Bean Thumbs Up GIF

2 hours ago, Kernow said:

Teams that accumulate more points than 22 other sides in their division over the period of 46 games get promotion in the English football pyramid 100% of the time.

That's the same as saying "because guys who win the lottery get rich 100% of the time them getting rich has nothing to do with luck". It just addresses the fact most points get promotion, not whether they were lucky to get these points.

(Also if you think every league position is deserved ipso facto not sure why you'd use "not lucky" in your post to validate ours, top 2 would be enough in itself)

3 hours ago, ap04 said:

Not sure what your evidence is but I hope you trust mine as I've worked a bit on this.

After 46 games the average percentage of lucky/unlucky games net for a team is precisely 9%. The maximum is over 20% -hard to believe I know. This is based on the standard +2 clear chances aggregate worthy of a win.

The average discrepancy to the chances/goal average is 0.35, the maximum over 1. These can all be positive or negative.

You understand what the above mean in terms of points, goals and league positions at the end of a season.

Do you not think you're driving yourself insane here?

The fact is the league is the result of 48 games,Β  lasting 90mins over the course of nearly a year,Β  playing home and away, with the same rules every time.

As part of a sample that's quite comprehensive.

If it comes to the last day and the second placed team hit the post and also are denied a clear penalty,Β  meaning they only get 1 point. And you in third are given a goal which is offside and grab all 3 points, then that feels a massive swing of luck and/or deserved success.

So, over the course of the season you attempt to chart/categorise these... and I don't think you can. Because there are too many intangibles, too many 'possible chances', possible mistakes, too many occasions someone 'could' have been sent off...or are given a corner they shouldn't or a free kick that was debatable. Or played good teams when they had lots of injuries or had a new manager or lots of games in a short space of time or or or...

It's endless. So why try to compute it. There is a long enough sample time,Β  and at the end of it someone gets promoted and everyone knows the rules at the start of it. The 2 with the most points go up.

3 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Do you not think you're driving yourself insane here?

The fact is the league is the result of 48 games,Β  lasting 90mins over the course of nearly a year,Β  playing home and away, with the same rules every time.

If it comes to the last day and the second placed team hit the post and also are denied a clear penalty,Β  meaning they only get 1 point. And you in third are given a goal which is offside and grab all 3 points, then that feels a massive swing of luck and/or deserved success.

So, over the course of the season you attempt to chart/categorise these... and I don't think you can. Because there are too many intangibles, too many 'possible chances', possible mistakes, too many occasions someone 'could' have been sent off...or are given a corner they shouldn't or a free kick that was debatable. Or played good teams when they had lots of injuries or had a new manager or lots of games in a short space of time or or or...

It's endless. So why try to compute it. There is a long enough sample time,Β  and at the end of it someone gets promoted and everyone knows the rules at the start of it. The 2 with the most points go up.

Not sure why you bother replying. Obvious troll I’ve had on ignore for quite a while.Β 

45 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

The end of that quote may well inadvertently work in @RoyMac5's favour howeverΒ πŸ˜‚image.png.6166d514f8766d0fb84388cda9cc764d.png

I had a velvet jacket like that one in the 70s! I can't be that smart as I keep replying to all the trolls jibes.Β πŸ˜‚

Perhaps someone could start a celebratory thread for Warney I'd leave you to it. πŸ˜‰

Edited by RoyMac5

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I had a velvet jacket like that one in the 70s! I can't be that smart as I keep replying to all the trolls jibes.Β πŸ˜‚

Perhaps someone could start a celebratory thread for Warney I'd leave you to it. πŸ˜‰

Hope you arnt classing me as a troll.🀣

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well yes, how much I love Derby County. Any other points you are getting confused on are things like what I think about a player, or the manager or a style of play. They are different things you see. Is that plainer for you? I've only been a Rams fan for over 55 years so I know how fans can see things differently.

Serious question, what was your first match you attended. Everyone remembers , mine seems like yesterday, wished it was.🐏.

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

If you -or anyone else- think so I strongly suggest you read something like this (not dismiss it, try and understand it)