Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

We shouldn’t ever consider signing players from Tottenham as they have always been rather poor and we might as well chuck Arsenal into that pot as well unless it’s Charlie George and we are top of the league and in the European cup.

We should stop signing Charlton players for 300k as well.  We even gave it a window of nearly 50 years.

Coventry and hull both tryi to sign Brandon Thomas asante from West Brom for £2.5m.

This the sort of level we need to aim at, looks a decent player, a definite upgrade on what we have. Good age too, has potential resale value. 

Guess we possibly don’t have £2.5m to spend though 

1 minute ago, Rich3478 said:

Coventry and hull both tryi to sign Brandon Thomas asante from West Brom for £2.5m.

This the sort of level we need to aim at, looks a decent player, a definite upgrade on what we have. Good age too, has potential resale value. 

Guess we possibly don’t have £2.5m to spend though 

He has joined Coventry

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

We shouldn’t ever consider signing players from Tottenham as they have always been rather poor and we might as well chuck Arsenal into that pot as well unless it’s Charlie George and we are top of the league and in the European cup.

I’m guessing you have never heard of Dave Mackay ? 

I wonder if we've looked at Will Evans from Newport? Looks like a late developer and converted last season? to centre forward from defender. Tall, looks to be good in the air and mobile. He appears to be a very 'Warne' player - presses defenders hard and - from YouTube bits, wins a lot from that pressing. Also handy defensively for set pieces.

Downside is he's totally unproven at this level and isn't lightning quick. Would surely be a realistic target if we were interested. 27 so a reasonable age.

17 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I left him out because I was waiting 🥳

I guess you left out big Dave my hero waiting for incoming. if you ever saw Dave play it was 150 % when fit wore the shirt with pride and was probably with toddy and Archie the best signings ever. 

Wonder for LWB could we g set Kenneth Paal (27) on a cheap deal. QPR want him out purely from a financial aspect. He’s a good left back at this level and has 5 goals and 5 assists in his 87 games for QPR. He is good on both sides of the ball and won’t be too expensive as he’s in the last year of his contract. QPR don’t want to lose him for free next year and it seemed he was heading to Watford but they’ve now signed a different left back in Larouci.

2 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Wonder for LWB could we g set Kenneth Paal (27) on a cheap deal. QPR want him out purely from a financial aspect. He’s a good left back at this level and has 5 goals and 5 assists in his 87 games for QPR. He is good on both sides of the ball and won’t be too expensive as he’s in the last year of his contract. QPR don’t want to lose him for free next year and it seemed he was heading to Watford but they’ve now signed a different left back in Larouci.

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Wonder if we want Josh Coburn from Boro, but it's dependant on them signing a new striker (Conway from Bristol City).

Or perhaps Ross Stewart, depending on Southampton bringing in another forward?

16 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Wonder if we want Josh Coburn from Boro, but it's dependant on them signing a new striker (Conway from Bristol City).

Or perhaps Ross Stewart, depending on Southampton bringing in another forward?

They have already signed Diaz, I doubt he will get much of a look in there.

21 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I thought he was a good player, just one of those that has a good 25 matches then heads of elsewhere.  Bit of a nomad.  had a few of those.  Asanovic, West, Carbone 

Lupoli suffered from not being brilliant. He was a decent enough player. But he was young, and Italian, and from Arsenal. So everyone assumed he'd be brilliant.

He wasn't brilliant.

But he was a decent player, and if he'd have been called Arthur Wolf and we'd signed him from Nuneaton he'd have had a much easier time.

Edited by vonwright

21 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I thought he was a good player, just one of those that has a good 25 matches then heads of elsewhere.  Bit of a nomad.  had a few of those.  Asanovic, West, Carbone 

I wouldn't put Asanovic in that category - he eas imo our best player but Jim Smith had begun to lise the plot,  started playing him out of position then dropped him to fit in Stimac. Poom and Wanchope.  

8 minutes ago, trappatoni said:

I wouldn't put Asanovic in that category - he eas imo our best player but Jim Smith had begun to lise the plot,  started playing him out of position then dropped him to fit in Stimac. Poom and Wanchope.  

He was brilliant first season but not the second.  It was him or Eranio and his career path would indicate he was a player not keen on fighting for position.  Star man or next club.   Smith guided us to two top 8 finishes post Asanovic as a starter.  Lost the plot is very harsh.