Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

Ryan would be my pick of the keepers and it would be a shame if he went to Millwall, more so if it’s correct they are also signing Lukas Jensen who doesn’t deserve to be a number 2.

Of the other three named, I think I’d be happy with any of the three, but wouldn’t want us to pay over the odds for Iversen when Rodak and Hladky are available for free.

Adams is great news, but think we need another 6 after that to not be too shallow in depth (GK, LB, CB, CM, LW, ST).  In an ideal world, Fornah would take that CM and be like a new signing but something clearly hasn’t quite worked there.

48 minutes ago, SECornerRAM said:

Been a turn in Adams this week 

Looks likely

Cardiff come to their senses / Adams pushed the needle

Everyone at the club expects this to be done in the next week or so - looks like 650k plus add ons and sell on 

To my knowledge Ryan is going to Millwall, things change very quickly though ATM 

Fantastic news about Adams

Be interesting to see who our number 1 goalkeepers target is

1 hour ago, SECornerRAM said:

Been a turn in Adams this week 

Looks likely

Cardiff come to their senses / Adams pushed the needle

Everyone at the club expects this to be done in the next week or so - looks like 650k plus add ons and sell on 

To my knowledge Ryan is going to Millwall, things change very quickly though ATM 

Millwall are set to sign Jensen from Lincoln, apparently to a number of different sources. I’d hope that would keep them out of any race for Ryan. 

All that being said, any side who I wouldn’t begrudge beating to us to a keeper then it would be them. 

Good news about Ebou - perhaps explains why he was left out of their preseason friendly tonight. 

For me I think we need at least 7 more players, ideally 8.

2x GK - First choice needed & a Loach replacement unless we use a youngster as 3rd choice

1x CB - Maybe a loan from a Prem club, then loan Rooney out until Jan to get him some game time after his serious injury, no point him being a fringe player here

2x CM - Adams is an obvious one, from rumours on here Hinshelwood on loan could be the 2nd. I would then loan Fornah & Robinson out

1x CAM/W - Another attacking mid who can maybe play out wide, Dembele seems to be someone who can do both & has been linked

1x ST - I think we need a first choice striker with Yates, Collins & Washington as back ups with Jackson also able to play there. I would send Brown out on loan

If I am being greedy with an 8th I would say someone who can play LW & LWB, Longman seems to fit that.

The above is with no extra outgoings than who I mentioned, so if anyone else leaves they need replacing too.

Edited by DCFC1388

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

2x GK - First choice needed & a Loach replacement unless we use a youngster as 3rd choice

1x CB - Maybe a loan from a Prem club, then loan Rooney out until Jan to get him some game time after his serious injury, no point him being a fringe player here

2x CM - Adams is an obvious one, from rumours on here Hinshelwood on loan could be the 2nd. I would then loan Fornah & Robinson out

1x CAM/W - Another attacking mid who can maybe play out wide, Dembele seems to be someone who can do both & has been linked

1x ST - I think we need a first choice striker with Yates, Collins & Washington as back ups with Jackson also able to play there. I would send Brown out on loan

If I am being greedy with an 8th I would say someone who can play LW & LWB, Longman seems to fit that.

The above is with no extra outgoings than who I mentioned, so if anyone else leaves they need replacing too.

Exactly my thinking, but not being greedy - I feel we need a LB/LWB. Forsyth and Elder spent much of last season out injured, Forsyth can’t play wing back in the Championship and Ben Osborn has had injury issues. It’s a fragile group.   

The one thing we’re going to need is plenty of options - I suspect we will have minimum 4-8 players injured at any one time once the season gets going so we have to be prepared to account for those losses. I had a look at this the other day and we only have four players that have been able to avoid injuries over the past two seasons - three of them signed this summer (Yates, Goudwijn & Jackson) which is probably a key component of our recruitment strategy and of course Cashin. 

The club need to make sure they’re well-placed to put out a competitive squad for each game this season. We do have academy players coming through, although not sure how close any of them really are as we don’t get to watch their games - Cruz Allen is a name who keeps popping up. Kei Robinson is another, Darren Robinson and Dej Brown. We do (again) potentially have a few wild cards that are getting to roughly that age - 17/18/19 - that players start getting opportunities. 

8 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I'd just hope that the PL loans won't be relied upon as key members - they'll likely be coming in late after the host clubs complete preseason. 

That's not to say they won't, just the cherry, not the cake.

Agree, but these players are often the difference that allows teams without Parachute Payments to make it to the promised land. So we should be trying to get a couple in…

5 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

My only concern is so far all of our signings are under 6ft and none of them bring any real physicality or would be great at set pieces.

Things you never thought you'd hear with Paul Warne as your manager !

9 hours ago, SECornerRAM said:

I've seen the transfer plans and the club has stated minimum 10 signings - we are all on the same page

Seriously - how have you managed that?

Not doubting you at all as you have been spot on so far but find it hard to get my head around that people outside the recruitment team/management team are seeing our transfer plans to the point of knowing exactly how many players we want to sign. 

13 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Not doubting you at all as you have been spot on so far but find it hard to get my head around that people outside the recruitment team/management team are seeing our transfer plans to the point of knowing exactly how many players we want to sign. 

Mission Impossible GIF
live scenes of @SECornerRAM entering Stephen Pearce’s office….

10 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

2x GK - First choice needed & a Loach replacement unless we use a youngster as 3rd choice.

I can see there only be 1 GK signing who will be the intended first choice keeper. I can't see another keeper or Vickers being happy as third choice unless it's a player at the end of his career doing a player/coach role. 

We're can make do with a youngster as third choice and you are allowed an emergency loan throughout the season for a keeper, if the need arises.

14 hours ago, Rammed79 said:

Bournemouth likely to loan out new signing Jebbison wouldn't say no if he were to come to Derby 

I'd had an idea he might come to Derby (based on nothing really) - he was born in Canada but then lived and went to school in Derby. Could be a shout. He apparently did well on loan with Burton in L1.
I've seen Sheff Utd fans say he hasn't done much since he became the youngest player to score on their PL debut.

Edited by Gabby'sThighs

How realistic are Paddy McNair or Scott McKenna? Solid CBs at this level. They'd want a starting spot.

There are quite a few older, experienced players we could get for nothing, potentially on 1 year contracts - Wayne Hennesy, Marc Albrighton, Harry Arter, Erik Pieters, Ciaran Clark, Oliver Norwood. I wonder if we'll pick up someone like that to fill out the squad towards the end of the window.

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Who says @SECornerRAM is outside the recruitment team 😉.

Seriously though, no real reason to doubt it but it's staggering if the plan has been shared with anyone outside of the inner recruitment circle.

35 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Who says @SECornerRAM is outside the recruitment team 😉.

Seriously though, no real reason to doubt it but it's staggering if the plan has been shared with anyone outside of the inner recruitment circle.

It’s not staggering though, people talk to other people.

Years ago my business partner who supports Mansfield town had a best mate who’s father was best mates with George Foster when he got the manager’s job.

George would tell his mate stuff, he would tell his son, who would tell his mate, who would tell me.

If we had social media back then I would be properly ITK 🙂

As this is the suggestions thread I'd love if we followed my FM philosophy...

Core of permanent solid hardworking players, mix of flair loans for wings/attacking positions. I often draw myself to players like Kayky at Man City and Shoretire at Man Utd. I can't think they would be crazily out of our market either. Parrott would fit into that philosophy too 🎓

9 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

It’s not staggering though, people talk to other people.

Years ago my business partner who supports Mansfield town had a best mate who’s father was best mates with George Foster when he got the manager’s job.

George would tell his mate stuff, he would tell his son, who would tell his mate, who would tell me.

If we had social media back then I would be properly ITK 🙂

It is staggering (IMO) to have actually seen the specific plan (which is what @SECornerRAM said) rather than to have heard “stuff” third or fourth hand.