Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

1 hour ago, YouRams said:

Double Cardiff signing Adams and the Derby born Striker maybe? 

Ebou Adams would be massive. Don't know a lot about Etete but on paper he sounds good.

8 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

Ebou Adams would be massive. Don't know a lot about Etete but on paper he sounds good.

Not sure about “Massive”. Adams was great for us in League 1, but he has a lot to prove in the Championship . 100 games for FGR and only a handful for Cardiff, hope he can make the step up . We are desperate for a playmaker who can open up much better defences for a class striker . We need both . 

47 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Rodak and Murphy would be my guess

Just don’t buy we are interested in Murphy at all. If I was betting, I think he stays at Oxford. 

37 minutes ago, Srg said:

Just don’t buy we are interested in Murphy at all. If I was betting, I think he stays at Oxford. 

I just think if he wanted to stay at Oxford he would have signed by now. Nice and easy to do. Deal would have been on the table for a while.

Has Kion Etete been linked?

1 hour ago, Srg said:

There is a lot of noise around Oxford that we have put an offer on the table, he's been shown around the training ground, but they've improved on our offer and hope to keep him around. I really hope he does. The new manager has a lot of belief in him and has put him in a system where he's producing again. 

I just don't like the fit here, nor do I think he's good enough to transcend a system that isn't ideal for him. In a similar fashion to Windass, I find both players to be technically good enough to play for Derby County, I'm not saying they're poor players, but I don't like the profile, inconsistency, and I don't believe they fit our 'go-to' system. If either of them do sign, though, there's a real chance they could be excellent for us. Who knew Ebou Adams, who wasn't getting a look in at Cardiff, was going to be the most important signing the club's made in god knows how many years. 

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Not sure about “Massive”. Adams was great for us in League 1, but he has a lot to prove in the Championship . 100 games for FGR and only a handful for Cardiff, hope he can make the step up . We are desperate for a playmaker who can open up much better defences for a class striker . We need both . 

I disagree. Ebou transformed our midfield and gave it the balance it needed so for me trying to get him in on a permanent transfer is a no brainer. 

2 hours ago, abertawe_ram said:

I'd argue Etete would be "massive", 6 ft flipping 6!

I didn't realise he was that tall. A Derbyshire Peter Crouch maybe?

46 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

2 lads from Liverpool on loan maybe? Bobby Clark and the other lad recently mentioned?

Bobby Clark would be a solid signing either as a number 10 or attacking option in central midfield.

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Without Ebou I don't think we go up in autos he was everywhere and made a huge difference 

1 hour ago, S8TY said:

Without Ebou I don't think we go up in autos he was everywhere and made a huge difference 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

We absolutely don't, it's not up for debate. We conceded 6 goals whilst he was on the pitch and one of those was a penalty. He provided everything we lacked and then some. 

100% agree with both of these comments 

2 hours ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

I think the point is, Ebou was massive for us in league 1 and I agree without him no chance we would of made the automatics, but can he have the same impact for us in the championship? I hope so 🙏

Sorry, debate closed apparently 😊

16 hours ago, WarCatDCFC said:

It's funny that people don't like my opinions or call me AI or disagree to what I have to say but most derby fans feel the same way I do about how this club and how slow in getting the right people into the club love me or hate me I don't care and I just a fan with a big heart for my beloved derby county most of you are bullies on here I don't care about you and what you think I know someone will see my comments and understand me and agree 

How about people who post reasons why you're post is wide of the mark and that DCFC would not have been interested in the lad? All opinion is fine but, to most of us on here, the Blackpool player you think "got away" isn't all that good a player. I'd be interested to hear why you think he might prefer Stockport to DCFC as well as why you think he would have been a good signing.

Here's a list of transfers this month so far.  How many of these do you think would have been on Derby's radar? How many do you you think we "missed out on"?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/a...s/cxwwkdj4w3po

Edited by MadAmster

With regard to WarCatDCFC, he seems to think we're all bullies. I don't believe I have bullied him and there are others whose posts, IMO, aren't bullying. There are some that could be construed to be so.

As a retired English and Computer Science Teacher, I have taken a look at his posts. WUM? It's a possibility but I don't think he is. AI Bot? Not a chance. AI is designed to improve, to evolve and get to perfection. He is consistent in his sentence construction. AI would learn and change its construction. Punctuation is completely missing. The non-use of capital letters is inconsistent. AI would be consistent.

It is my considered opinion that WarCat is more of a B4 type. Knows what he thinks but has difficulty putting it into coherent, standard English. We were patient with B4 and I ask my fellow posters to be the same with WarCat.

I'd also ask @WarCatDCFC to try to explain his thoughts, if possible. For instance, if you'd said why you think Connolly was so good that we missed out on getting him, when he was little more than a bench warmer in an, at best, average Blackpool side, there would have been far more constructive responses. A little explanation would go a long way, remember, it's often what you don't say that confuses others rather than what you did say. In this case, it's probably the lack of "why you think he would have been a good signing" that has led to  the tone of some of the responses.

Edited by MadAmster

5 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

With regard to WarCatDCFC, he seems to think we're all bullies. I don't believe I have bullied him and there are others whose posts, IMO, aren't bullying. There are some that could be construed to be so.

As a retired English and Computer Science Teacher, I have taken a look at his posts. WUM? It's a possibility but I don't think he is. AI Bot? Not a chance. AI is designed to improve, to evolve and get to perfection. He is consistent in his sentence construction. AI would learn and change its construction. Punctuation is completely missing. The non-use of capital letters is inconsistent. AI would be consistent.

It is my considered opinion that WarCat is more of a B4 type. Knows what he thinks but has difficulty putting it into coherent, standard English. We were patient with B4 and I ask my fellow posters to be the same with WarCat.

I'd also ask @WarCatDCFC to try to explain his thoughts, if possible. For instance, if you'd said why you think Connolly was so good that we missed out on getting him, when he was little more than a bench warmer in an, at best, average Blackpool side, there would have been far more constructive responses. A little explanation would go a long way, remember, it's often what you don't say that confuses others rather than what you did say. In this case, it's probably the lack of "why you think he would have been a good signing" that has led to  the tone of some of the responses.

Unless he/she tells us otherwise, diagnosing him/her with a disability just using his posts could be construed as just as offensive and potentially bullying as anything else.

Frankly, the posts are just hyperbolic b*******. He/she can back up their post with actual fact, critique or reasoning, or they can accept the responses they get for it.