Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

Tyrese Francois, a 23 year old Australian out of contract at Fulham this summer on loan at Vejle Boldklub in Denmark where we know we’re looking. Fulham have kept him around for the last few years giving him the odd game here and there. His defensive stats are incredible and is the 98th percentile for defensive actions. 
IMG_4318.thumb.jpeg.cd1468e3029ab53a875e355c35ea4eb6.jpeg

His defensive stats in comparison to Ebou Adams per 90 to show how good his stats actually are. He’s left footed so the two of them could actually play together pretty should we get them. 

Lots of positives about him as he knows the English game, works hard, is on a free and is at a good age with up side.

10 hours ago, Premier ram said:

Ronan Curtis

Josh Knight

Jordan Williams

Alan Browne

Oliver Norwood

I think Alan Browne would expect to move to a top end championship club. Very good player and pretty sure his contract is up at Preston

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Tyrese Francois, a 23 year old Australian out of contract at Fulham this summer on loan at Vejle Boldklub in Denmark where we know we’re looking. Fulham have kept him around for the last few years giving him the odd game here and there. His defensive stats are incredible and is the 98th percentile for defensive actions. 

His defensive stats in comparison to Ebou Adams per 90 to show how good his stats actually are. He’s left footed so the two of them could actually play together pretty should we get them. 

Lots of positives about him as he knows the English game, works hard, is on a free and is at a good age with up side.

An actual suggestion... bound in realism based on cost, age, need and stats. What is this thread turning into?

2 things, he's quite short at 5ft 8 and he's currently team mates with Raul Albentosa.

Edited by Srg

10 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

It’s difficult to make a true comparison with Ebou. Francois has been playing for a team that narrowly avoided relegation so you’d expect him to be exposed to more defensive duties. I also often question such stats. On the basis of those figures what on earth has Ebou been doing all game, why is he such a fans favourite and why would we all love it if we could sign him? I must be missing something.

12 minutes ago, Srg said:

An actual suggestion... bound in realism based on cost, age, need and stats. What is this thread turning into?

2 things, he's quite short at 5ft 8 and he's currently team mates with Raul Albentosa.

I thought we’d established that Albentosa is a football genius and the reason he didn’t make an impact at Derby is all down to Keogh. 😀

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It’s difficult to make a true comparison with Ebou. Francois has been playing for a team that narrowly avoided relegation so you’d expect him to be exposed to more defensive duties. I also often question such stats. On the basis of those figures what on earth has Ebou been doing all game, why is he such a fans favourite and why would we all love it if we could sign him? I must be missing something.

Doesn't include miles covered, I guess. Ebou would be right up there in that. Hard to put into stats the overall affect on the rest of the team as well. 

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

Don't know how I forgot about him, but yes, if he's on the pitch he's more than capable.

Agreed, but ideally we always need to have a left and a right footed player in the pitch, who are capable of taking decent free kicks and corners.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I do agree it’s hard to properly compare him with Ebou, just thought the stat comparison would show people the true meaning of Francois numbers rather than looking at some random numbers p90.

19 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Good suggestion. Anyone know what app or site is used to get these stats?

5 minutes ago, KBB said:

Good suggestion. Anyone know what app or site is used to get these stats?

I use an app called Fotmob and used the player comparison option, they use opta stats which is also used by many big outlets and betting sites.

6 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Adam Lallana , just released by Brighton . Would take the P in the Championship . IF ,we can get Hourihane off the books . 

Exactly the type of transfer we don’t need, the ageing former star whose best years are well gone, but still demanding a huge salary. Didn’t we learn the lesson with Hourihane - the legs and the heart have gone.

6 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Adam Lallana , just released by Brighton . Would take the P in the Championship . IF ,we can get Hourihane off the books . 

🤔 Hourihane is out of contract, so should be much easier than tempting Lallana to Derby…

Conor Coady linked with Stoke, would be absolutely perfect to replace Bradley in the centre of a back three. Bags of experience, great range of passing and certainly can still play at the level at only 31. Also lives locally which we have seen can get deals done ie Hourihane, Mcgoldrick etc. if the wages can be sorted I don’t see why we wouldn’t do it. 

I get people want to sign younger players and I do agree but I think you need a been there done it type player dictating and barking orders from the centre of a defence.

Would imagine it’d be a loan as he’s contracted till 2026.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Conor Coady linked with Stoke, would be absolutely perfect to replace Bradley in the centre of a back three. Bags of experience, great range of passing and certainly can still play at the level at only 31. Also lives locally which we have seen can get deals done ie Hourihane, Mcgoldrick etc. if the wages can be sorted I don’t see why we wouldn’t do it. 

I get people want to sign younger players and I do agree but I think you need a been there done it type player dictating and barking orders from the centre of a defence.

Would imagine it’d be a loan as he’s contracted till 2026.

Don't disagree and he has been good in a back 5 but would Bradley be starting if Nyambe is fit ?   If we bring a CB in we'd have to drop Nyambe (or Ward and Wilson) or Nelson and it blocks opportunity for Rooney unless he gets a loan 

Edited by trappatoni