How do we change it up if needed

Archied

Ok window closed and we are where we are , time to move on,

we are ok if Collins stays fit , 

question is how do we change it up if Collins gets injured or suspended?
I reckon we have to change the current way we play if the worst happens,

with the squad we have how do we play and who plays where , there are some goals in our forwards and hourihane so if needs must what do people see as the best way to keep getting wins?

If Collins goes down, I'd expect NML to go down the middle with a rotation of Barkhuizen, CBT, Ward and Wilson behind.

Something like:

Vickers

Nelson               Bradley              Cashin

Wilson               Hourihane              Bird                    Sibley

Blackett-Taylor                       Barkhuizen

Mendez-Laing 

It neutralises NML a bit, but until Waghorn and Washington return, I don't know who else goes there.

8 minutes ago, tinman said:

Change the manager

Really ? Can’t we have one thread that’s not destroyed by this , we’ve got the manager in place for good or for bad , if your not interested in a decent debate about or putting ideas forward why bloody spoil it for others who may be interested of have ideas 🤷🏻‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

If there isn't the money for a new striker on a permanent, what makes you think there's money for a firing and hiring cycle?

The bird money will more than cover it. 

I suspect there are several options to move things around if needed. Barks actually prefers playing down the middle, NML would do an honest job if asked to (He holds the ball well too..) Sibley is actually at his best (If he turns up) behind the striker. Thats 3 options just to start off.

Plus of course we should have Washington and Waghorn back hopefully before the end of february, but they will need to be managed carefully. I imagine there might also be the chance of short term deal for a free agent. Lets wait and see.

1 minute ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

I think its about time mods starting dealing with all these stupid and toxic comments. Its ruining the forum which has always had a good atmosphere. Its become toxic now because of the anti Warne and anti club agenda a vocal minority have.

It's okay to have that opinion. It's also okay to call it out.

5 minutes ago, tinman said:

The bird money will more than cover it. 

And then the money for new players that a new manager will inevitably want? This is the cycle that got us into this mess in the first place.

23 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

What a surprise some tit is straight on turning it into a anti Warne thread with the usual bore Roy mac applauding it ducking grow up you're ruining the forum for others

How on earth is putting a reaction on a post 'ruining' anything? You really are struggling to put across a convincing reason for believing Warne is right for Derby County. 😄

21 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

If there isn't the money for a new striker on a permanent, what makes you think there's money for a firing and hiring cycle?

There's a permananet pot, a loan pot, and a sack the manager pot. The first 2 pots were agreed with the EFL and cannot be exceeded. The EFL don't care about the third pot.

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

There's a permananet pot, a loan pot, and a sack the manager pot. The first 2 pots were agreed with the EFL and cannot be exceeded. The EFL don't care about the third pot.

But that leads me nicely into:

16 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

And then the money for new players that a new manager will inevitably want? This is the cycle that got us into this mess in the first place.

7 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

But that leads me nicely into:

23 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

a) Would it impact who or how many players the next manager could sign? Even without a change in manager, we currnetly need to sign at least 10 first team players (or extend current deals). That's already a sizeable amount of wages freed up for the summer. Our budget would still be bigger than most promotion rivals - it just has to be used more effeciently (ie. don't risk a big chunk of it on several injury prone players).

b) The cycle was hiring the wrong managers. MM flipped between defensive managers to attacking ones, to possesion based ones. Some wanted players to suit a deep defensive line, others wanted to play a high line. The mess the club ended up in would have been fine with a clear plan in place and showed restraint in the transfer market. MM wanted to develop players through the academy, but he was also too impatient and would often have 3 first team players on permanent deals when we also had a U21/23 player on the fringes.