Ebou Adams - Signed on 3 year deal

1 hour ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Reading the Cardiff fan forum, a resident itk who seems to know a lot is saying it’s 900k after add ons but 650k up front and 200k of the potential 250k add ons are if we’re promoted to the premier league. Surely Ebou signs tomorrow or Wednesday if figures are agreed I can’t see personal terms being any issue.

I think at our end we are looking to get 2 or 3 m/f's out the door Ebou being one of them. I'm pretty sure this will happen for you this week sometime but as we are looking to get maybe 4 or 5 in ourselves I don't think we wanna leave ourselves short. I know we are in the market ourselves for a d/m.

24 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Last years midfield 

Smith Bird Hourihane Adams Thompson Fornah 

This years 

Kenzo Thompson Fornah Adams Osborn + one more 

Literally Warne has said 3-4 more midfielders.

Ebou will be one. So you can add at least 2 to that list and I'd be amazed if Fornah was still here 

It'll be Kenzo, Adams, Osborn, Thompson and at least 2 more. Fornah will be gone.

44 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Last years midfield 

Smith Bird Hourihane Adams Thompson Fornah 

This years 

Kenzo Thompson Fornah Adams Osborn + one more 

I’d imagine Osborn will be used as a Wing back when it’s a 5 at the back and a midfielder when it’s a 4. So not sure if wether to count him or not. 

Id imagine the starting midfield will be Kenzo Ebou + A new creative 8 with Tommo, Fornah and one more as backup.With Robinson sent out on loan also I hope. Then if we get the 4th new midfielder Warne alluded to Fornah will leave more than likely.

So how will he be announced?

My guess is derby post a video of the lads in Spain. Then after they say after a long days work here in 🇪🇸 let’s check how things are back in 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

6 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Reading the Cardiff fan forum, a resident itk who seems to know a lot is saying it’s 900k after add ons but 650k up front and 200k of the potential 250k add ons are if we’re promoted to the premier league. Surely Ebou signs tomorrow or Wednesday if figures are agreed I can’t see personal terms being any issue.

Sounds like a good deal to me

11 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I'm guessing we'll see a video of Warne and the coaches addressing the players about something, when they announce "and we've got someone we'd like you to meet". The door opens, in walks a grinning Ebou, and the players go wild.

The fans will go wild !! 

Ebou sums up what I want in a Derby player. A down to earth lad, good with the fans, runs his socks off, fights anyone and everyone on the pitch and wears the ram with pride. Plus he has one of those infectious personalities.

At least with Ebou and Osborn we have some bite and fight in the middle of the park.

8 hours ago, S8TY said:

Yes the keeper is quite important and can’t help thinking this behaviour from players and agents waiting until end of window exploring all possibilities etc etc does not help teams at all 

going on a tour when we are 8 players short ( Warnes numbers ) looks a bit pointless 

scrap the transfer window and let players move when they want was and is better imo 

I would actually go the other way and eliminate in season transfers altogether.  Loans would be allowed, but no paid for fees for permanent moves.  And I would move make the restrictions from 48 hours before the season (with all 4 leagues having the same closure date).

Would allow clubs certainty rather than having four weeks where the squad may change - and late interest turning players heads.  

56 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I'm guessing we'll see a video of Warne and the coaches addressing the players about something, when they announce "and we've got someone we'd like you to meet". The door opens, in walks a grinning Ebou, and the players go wild.

Someone has been watching reruns of Surprise Surprise.

8 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Sombrero 😆

9 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Brilliant news, hopefully we get the announcement tomorrow then. I suspect the slight hold up since last week was probably over discussing length of contract, but I think a 3 year deal for a 28 year old is fine.

Particularly for a bloke who's that good to have around the dressing room. Even worst case he spent a year doing the Stearman role, I think he'd be worth it