Where do you think we'll finish this season?

2 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

Barnsley have only lost once on their travels in the league this season......

And what a team that was who beat them. 

Still very difficult to win 4 and draw 1 away from home. Draws won't do for them anymore. 

4 minutes ago, Rich84 said:
1 hour ago, Norman said:

Yup, I think Barnsley have 5 away games left. That's a big ask to go at 2.4 points a game average with that many away games. 

Then Bolton have to play Peterborough, so one of those, or both if they draw, are going to have to go at well over 2 points a game average to get to 90 points. 

4 wins should be enough. 

And that lone defeat was 3-0 at Pride Park and seeing they have to travel to Stevenage, Blackpool and Portsmouth they could at least win the Fratton Park match.

11 minutes ago, David said:

If we win all of our remaining games, we are not going to Wembley. Fact.

I can't go anyway, cos I'm on holiday. I've been to every Wembley match (barring 1946) that Derby have made, so lets win all our remaining games.

At this stage of the season, you can't discount any of the top sides winning all of their remaining games, up to today Peterborough have just won 5 on the bounce and even an originally mid table Lincoln are on a great run.

Mathematically, we need 6 wins out of 7, in the very unlikely event that one of the 3 chasers wins all their games. Even a great run losing or drawing 1 game, will mean that 5 wins would be enough.

48 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

But they still have to play Stevenage, Blackpool, Barnsley and Portsmouth away from home. Their PPG away from home is 2.17.  They’ll do extremely well to maintain that let alone lift to 2.4.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

But they still have to play Stevenage, Blackpool, Barnsley and Portsmouth away from home. Their PPG away from home is 2.17.  They’ll do extremely well to maintain that let alone lift to 2.4.

That should be Charlton which won't be as easy as playing themselves.

Have a feeling about Lincoln now, and it could easily be that 3 of the current top 5 stay down as Lincoln look like "that team" that makes a late run and make it via the play offs, much to the heartbreak of fans of teams competing for the autos all season. Think Portsmouth will tick along and stay top now. But 2nd? Oh 2nd you temptress. I dare not dream, but maybe, just maybe...

• 2 weeks later...

Looked on the top 5 teams forum sites and it seems most expect Pompey and Derby have got the top 2 spots. Still hopeful that we can go up as Champions though. I know Pompey have a game in hand over us, but if we win at Fratton Park,  then their remaining 5 games throws up 4 of them against top half teams. But what is in their favour is that most of them are at home. After Tuesday night they have Shrewsbury (H), Bolton (A), Barnsley (H), Wigan (H) and Lincoln (A).

27 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Looked on the top 5 teams forum sites and it seems most expect Pompey and Derby have got the top 2 spots. Still hopeful that we can go up as Champions though. I know Pompey have a game in hand over us, but if we win at Fratton Park,  then their remaining 5 games throws up 4 of them against top half teams. But what is in their favour is that most of them are at home. After Tuesday night they have Shrewsbury (H), Bolton (A), Barnsley (H), Wigan (H) and Lincoln (A).

Champions would be nice icing on the cake but certainly not essential. The reality is that it might be better if Pompey beat Bolton and Barnsley.

15 hours ago, eddielewis said:

Updated predicted table from footballwebpages

image.thumb.png.f17bc74a238156c79dad55161bf88066.png

Seriously... I've only just noticed that's Eddie Lewis!

I assumed the poster was Austrian, 'cos I thought it said ""Edelweiss"! 

f*** The Specsavers! 🤓