Holding midfielder a must as is another striker.

Curtains

Holding midfielder isn’t a must. Would I like a midfielder? Yes. But just stop starting Hourihane and the difference would be drastic. This need for a “Eustace type” is archaic. Think it was @sagewho said that in another thread. Football isn’t like that these days, even in such a seemingly short space of time. 

Edited by Srg

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

How many players has he bought in to the Club and how many are any good? Not fair on the fans!

Well he had to bring in Washington and Waghorn in desperation as he did with TJJ

Just now, Srg said:

Holding midfielder isn’t a must. Would I like a midfielder? Yes. But just stop starting Hourihane and the difference would be drastic. This need for a “Eustace type” is archaic. Think it was @sagewho said that in another thread. Football isn’t like that these days, even in such a seemingly short space of time. 

We are getting overrun in midfield with Conner and Bird in there together and I’m not sure Thompson or Fornah can plug the gap .

Just now, Curtains said:

Well he had to bring in Washington and Waghorn in desperation as he did with TJJ

He brought in 3 players with a history of injury, one who was still injured.  He also brought in Embleton- injury issues who took 6 months wages and gave Loach a contract who have less games than me this season and gave TJJ a chancy further 6 months.  He's had choices and took gambles.  No point him looking likes a bulldog liking piss of a nettle now.

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He brought in 3 players with a history of injury, one who was still injured.  He also brought in Embleton- injury issues who took 6 months wages and gave Loach a contract who have less games than me this season and gave TJJ a chancy further 6 months.  He's had choices and took gambles.  No point him looking likes a bulldog liking piss of a nettle now.

Mate he didn’t have choices and that’s the point !

Players from lower leagues are expensive these days 

Edited by Curtains
Added

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Adam Bolder saying tonight that a holding midfielder would really help and Conner and Max together doesn’t really work .

How long have we been wanting one? Warne isn't interested in midfield, he's said so.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

How long have we been wanting one? Warne isn't interested in midfield, he's said so.

That’s not fair but it’s your opinion.

He signed Fornah didn’t he from the bargain basement 

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Of course he did.  We went for Harris and the wage difference was minimal.  There's one that other decisions had an impact on.  He's accumulated players and not thought about what he's doing with them. 

It’s your opinion but I don’t agree with you because he’s having to sign players that

A . Want to come here 

B.  That we can afford

C Fit into business plan regarding FFP etc

7 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Warne really didn’t bring Washington in ‘in desperation’. He bought him previously for Rovrum and he bought him again because he obviously rates him. He was his striker pick. Frankly he was, and always will be, a very poor choice.

There is no point buying a holding midfielder if Warne wants to persist with his tactics. It’s like buying a caravan for a Porsche Boxster.

If we had a decent alternative coach I would be fully behind getting another midfielder in, but not sure it would be a holding type. One who could pass forward and run with some intensity creating in the middle would be ideal.

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Warne really didn’t bring Washington in ‘in desperation’. He bought him previously for Rovrum and he bought him again because he obviously rates him. He was his striker pick. Frankly he was, and always will be, a very poor choice.

There is no point buying a holding midfielder if Warne wants to persist with his tactics. It’s like buying a caravan for a Porsche Boxster.

If we had a decent alternative coach I would be fully behind getting another midfielder in, but not sure it would be a holding type. One who could pass forward and run with some intensity creating in the middle would be ideal.

Mate you need to stop teams running through our midfield.

Call it a strong midfielder or holding midfielder it’s the same difference.

Conner and Max doesn’t work together but they are both good players and it’s like Lampard and Gerrard scenario 

If Adam Bolder thinks it would make a difference then it will make a difference.

We need a player like him or John Eustace or George Thorne 

Edited by Curtains
Added

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

He did have Crooks who did this for him at Rotherham. But I guess trying to find someone like him on our budget would be like trying to find Collins onside. 

1 minute ago, Norman said:

He did have Crooks who did this for him at Rotherham. But I guess trying to find someone like him on our budget would be like trying to find Collins onside. 

Crooks was great. .

Tough as they go .

Love it if we could get him 

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Conner and Max doesn’t work together but they are both good players and it’s like Lampard and Gerrard scenario 

If Adam Bolder thinks it would make a difference then it will make a difference.

Mate, you need to tell Paul Warne this. I agree we need to improve our shape and tactics. Paul Warne doesn’t.

Just now, i-Ram said:

Mate, you need to tell Paul Warne this. I agree we need to improve our shape and tactics. Paul Warne doesn’t.

But he’s restricted mate .

Someone just mentioned Crooks but he is at Boro now and is above league 1 standard .

13 minutes ago, Curtains said:

If Adam Bolder thinks it would make a difference 😉