Holding midfielder a must as is another striker.

Curtains

18 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

You keep on defending people for making theoretical things up to bash with Warne, I'll keep on calling them out 👍

Well done, you've successfully shown me evidence of someone either, at best, paraphrasing what the manager has said, or at worst making a statement based on conjecture - albeit one with plenty of evidence that points toward it being, if not the truth, not far from it. Absolutely nowhere is there a quote attributed to the manager.

I'm not defending anyone. As I said earlier, I think the discussion had gone awry because things were phrased badly, and there were two posters stubbornly locked into a 'You show me...' "No, YOU show me..' stalemate, which I sought to resolve by providing some evidence of what has actually been said.

I just think your attitude toward others and ceasless need to treat this place like a court of law are utterly ridiculous, and that's not just limited to this thread.

The irony of you being 'calling out' people for making things up to bash another with isn't lost on me.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

23 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Well done, you've successfully shown me evidence of someone either, at best, paraphrasing what the manager has said, or at worst making a statement based on conjecture - albeit one with plenty of evidence that points toward it being, if not the truth, not far from it. Absolutely nowhere is there a quote attributed to the manager.

I'm not defending anyone. As I said earlier, I think the discussion had gone awry because things were phrased badly, and there were two posters stubbornly locked into a 'You show me...' "No, YOU show me..' stalemate, which I sought to resolve by providing some evidence of what has actually been said.

I just think your attitude toward others and ceasless need to treat this place like a court of law are utterly ridiculous, and that's not just limited to this thread.

The irony of you being 'calling out' people for making things up to bash another with isn't lost on me.

Cool story 👍

5 hours ago, Curtains said:

So i think it’s been established we don’t need a holding midfielder as Warne doesn’t play that way.  

Striker though is needed and I hope we all can agree on that 

Where is Hourihane supposed to be playing then?

Any deeper and he may as well be goalkeeper. 

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Where is Hourihane supposed to be playing then?

Any deeper and he may as well be goalkeeper. 

Good point but I’m told we don’t play that way with the consensus of opinion on here .

Do you think Hourihane is a holding midfielder 

Haven't read the whole thread - seems to have got somewhat heated - but aren't we ok for holding midfielders?   Bird has been a 6 most of his career. Smith is nearly fit and Hourihane and Fornah have bern played there at times this season.  

If budget is limited then save it for a striker.    If we could get anyone else in for me it'd be an attacking midfielder that poses a goal threat - we'd still need a 9 though even if just for cover. 

3 hours ago, Curtains said:

Ha ha I knew you would turn it 

I mean...

It's not exactly twisting it when it comes from the horse's mouth

"I’d describe myself as a box-to-box midfielder"

For the uninitiated, that's what we in the business call a "quote"  (Even if it is 8 years old) 😅

Edited by May Contain Nuts

17 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

I mean...

It's not exactly twisting it when it comes from the horse's mouth

"I’d describe myself as a box-to-box midfielder"

For the uninitiated, that's what we in the business call a "quote" 

He didn’t just say that did he !

Have you dissected the interview on Rams tv 

Approximately 2mins 48 seconds in he says “he loves a tackle”

Edited by Curtains
Altered

9 minutes ago, Curtains said:

He didn’t just say that did he !

Have you dissected the interview on Rams tv 

Approximately 2mins 45 seconds in he says “he loves a tackle”

What he does in his private life is no concern of mine!

I haven't listened to the interview, and my previous posts on the topic suggest I think he's a promising signing who may well provide something we're lacking.

The above post was just a bit of fun.