Holding midfielder a must as is another striker.

Curtains

Just now, bcnram said:

Absolutely agree, not the time to change. My main concern with the current manager is the future. 

Well he would have to change style in the Championship but we have to get there first .

I think Warne has said if we don’t go up this season he will probably be gone but that’s up to David Clowes 

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No, you are the one disagreeing with me - prove me wrong. Warne cares little for midfield and hasn't mentioned signing a holding mid for sure.

When have I disagreed with you?

Just asking you to back up what you've said.

If its just something that you've made up, its fine to admit it.

I'd think after the last few performances there is plenty to hold Warne to account for without making up unsubstantiated rubbish.

46 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Someone privvy to both players wage demands?

I don't tend to put a lot on re transfers but it's very accurate from this person.  Only mentioned this prior as part of the confusion over Cashin in September and Goodwin as a striker we wanted as there was a lot of guessing.  There's a lot more I hear but life's too short to put it all on, I'd never sleep.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

When have I disagreed with you?

Just asking you to back up what you've said.

If its just something that you've made up, its fine to admit it.

I'd think after the last few performances there is plenty to hold Warne to account for without making up unsubstantiated rubbish.

I said look for yourself.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

I did and couldn't find anything that even slightly resembled the words you attributed to him, hence me calling you out over unsubstantiated rubbish...

Lol. But you said..."When have I disagreed with you?"

Nevermind ay.

It's not that hard, it was discussed on here the other day.

He's on record (RamsTV before FGR at home last season) as saying he's aware that his way of playing leaves us open to the counter attack, but "thats how I want to play"

That might not mean he has a total disregard for suring up the midfield, but he's OK with the compromise - at least for the time being - if it means we're an attacking side and we try to win every match, even if it causes us to lose. He's not interested in draws.

We haven't been linked to, and he hasn't talked about, signing any midfielders specifically to fill the holding/defensive role, the one midfielder he has brought in who previously played that role plays further forward when playing for Derby, he uses our only other player to have history playing that position (Max Bird) in a more advanced role too.

It hardly takes a genius see where his priorities lie, whether you go quote hunting or not.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

We have plenty of good midfielders, I wouldn't be too upset if we find ourselves without another one at the end of the deadline. Perhaps the ones we have haven't had a good showing of late but we should be able to get a good tune out of them as they are good players and if you're all honest with yourselves you know this is true.

A striker however, we have 1 fit striker. Unless Conor Washington or Martyn Waghorn are on the way back to miraculous record breaking return from injury, we will need to get through the rest of this season with just one striker. Good as Collins is and has been, we need support for that position. It is the most important thing in the coming days

9 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Your thread title @Curtains ‘a must’….. but that guarantees nothing. I’ve no doubt they’re working their knacks off trying to improve squad but the restraints I don’t think any of us know how tight it must be to release the funds…. And then specific players. Too many underestimate the work that goes on for me. 

No you are right but I worry if Collins gets injured or Bird etc

When I say a must I mean to get top 2 but what do I know .

Its topical that’s all. 

28 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

He's on record (RamsTV before FGR at home last season) as saying he's aware that his way of playing leaves us open to the counter attack, but "thats how I want to play"

That might not mean he has a total disregard for suring up the midfield, but he's OK with the compromise - at least for the time being - if it means we're an attacking side and we try to win every match, even if it causes us to lose. He's not interested in draws.

We haven't been linked to, and he hasn't talked about, signing any midfielders specifically to fill the holding/defensive role, the one midfielder he has brought in who previously played that role plays further forward when playing for Derby, he uses our only other player to have history playing that position (Max Bird) in a more advanced role too.

It hardly takes a genius see where his priorities lie, whether you go quote hunting or not.

Ok so we might see more home games when we get overrun as we did against Peterborough and Cheltenham etc 

Having said all this we are in prime position for a Top 2 fight but it’s unlikely IMO 

Just think additions would help in those key areas .

Edited by Curtains
Added

25 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

There is a huge difference between prioritising a different area of the pic and saying he isn't interested in midfield.

Wouldn't the fact that he does not want to sell one of our 2 players that would likely fetch a decent fee, who happens to be a midfielder, say otherwise?

46 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. But you said..."When have I disagreed with you?"

Nevermind ay.

RoyMac5, your agenda is fine by me. Tedious how often you express it, to be honest, but if that's the way you feel good for you.

You've made yourself look a proper bellsniff with this episode though. Paul Warne has not ever said what you claimed, and circling round that fact trying to score points is just silly. Own it man!

24 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

There is a huge difference between prioritising a different area of the pic and saying he isn't interested in midfield.

Wouldn't the fact that he does not want to sell one of our 2 players that would likely fetch a decent fee, who happens to be a midfielder, say otherwise?

Think the discussion has gone awry tbh, partly because of the way things have been worded, and partly because you're more interested in using the way something is worded to steer the argument in your favour, than using common sense to figure out what was actually meant.

The insinuation, and what I suspect most people could gather from what was posted, isn't that he's not interested in any aspect of the midfield just the defensive side of things, so whatever he's said about one of our attacking midfielders is beside the point.

When you watch us play, do you think we look like a team where due care and attention has been given to the balance in midfield?

It seems to me that most people believe it to be a problem area for us and even those in support of Warne generally don't quite understand or don't agree with the way we set up in that central area.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

12 minutes ago, MaltRam said:

RoyMac5, your agenda is fine by me. Tedious how often you express it, to be honest, but if that's the way you feel good for you.

You've made yourself look a proper bellsniff with this episode though. Paul Warne has not ever said what you claimed, and circling round that fact trying to score points is just silly. Own it man!

Own what, that Warne has never said he's looking to sign a holding midfielder? That his opinion on how his midfield works - Bird & Hourihane - has no place for a holding mid?

What are you wanting something verbatim - just because I'm saying it? Have you asked everyone on here for verbatim comments from Warne. As to your opinion of me...#bothered?

Oh and here's your answer:

"Think the discussion has gone awry tbh, partly because of the way things have been worded, and partly because you're more interested in using the way something is worded to steer the argument in your favour, than using common sense to figure out what was actually meant.

The insinuation, and what I suspect most people could gather from what was posted, isn't that he isn't interested in any aspect of the midfield just the defensive side of things, so whatever he's said about one of our attacking midfielders is beside the point.

When you watch us play, do you think we look like a team where due care and attention has been given the the balance in midfield? "

Don't bother thanking me.

Edited by RoyMac5

9 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Think the discussion has gone awry tbh, partly because of the way things have been worded, and partly because you're more interested in using the way something is worded to steer the argument in your favour, than using common sense to figure out what was actually meant.

The insinuation, and what I suspect most people could gather from what was posted, isn't that he's not interested in any aspect of the midfield just the defensive side of things, so whatever he's said about one of our attacking midfielders is beside the point.

When you watch us play, do you think we look like a team where due care and attention has been given to the balance in midfield?

It seems to me that most people believe it to be a problem area for us and even those in support of Warne generally don't quite understand or don't agree with the way we set up in that central area.

No, you've just steered what was said to fit your narrative.

If someone says the manager has said 'blah blah blah' then there should be no need to gather what was meant, you should be able to point people in the direction of where the quote was made and let them decide what was meant.

Of course if there is no quote to back it up then its clear that its just a false narrative to unfairly beat the manager with. 

FWIW I don't like the set up of Hourihane and Bird together, didnt do even before our winning streak, but I'm happy just to say that rather than make some more tripe up to make my point sound more convincing.