Holding midfielder a must as is another striker.

Curtains

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Own what, that Warne has never said he's looking to sign a holding midfielder? That his opinion on how his midfield works - Bird & Hourihane - has no place for a holding mid?

What are you wanting something verbatim - just because I'm saying it? Have you asked everyone on here for verbatim comments from Warne. As to your opinion of me...#bothered?

Oh and here's your answer:

"Think the discussion has gone awry tbh, partly because of the way things have been worded, and partly because you're more interested in using the way something is worded to steer the argument in your favour, than using common sense to figure out what was actually meant.

The insinuation, and what I suspect most people could gather from what was posted, isn't that he isn't interested in any aspect of the midfield just the defensive side of things, so whatever he's said about one of our attacking midfielders is beside the point.

When you watch us play, do you think we look like a team where due care and attention has been given the the balance in midfield? "

Don't bother thanking me.

Its actually quite funny watching you try to convince yourself that you said something completely different to what you actually did say.

You do realise your original quote is still on here for everyone to see don't you?

I should of said IMO .

Never mind .

I can see Roy’s point on this as Warne  emphasis is on getting forward quickly as opposed to bolstering the midfield defensively which is often why teams run at us .

Warne may get us promoted with his style .

In essence Roy is right to say Warne doesn’t play with a holding midfielder.

Just now, Curtains said:

I should of said IMO .

Never mind .

I can see Roy’s point on this as Warne  emphasis is on getting forward quickly as opposed to bolstering the midfield defensively which is often why teams run at us .

Not sure if you're watching the same game as me.

Hourihane spends most of the match alongside our centre backs.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Not sure if you're watching the same game as me.

Hourihane spends most of the match alongside our centre backs.

Maybe he does but essentially he isn’t a holder .

His fault IMO for Cheltenhams goal. .

Having said that I like Conner but further forward 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

I should of said IMO .

Never mind .

But I can't find the exact verbatim quote from Warne for G Star Ram to study. 

I wonder whether we might now see a swing of styles to 3 at the back to enable more in midfield?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

But I can't find the exact verbatim quote from Warne for G Star Ram to study. 

I wonder whether we might now see a swing of styles to 3 at the back to enable more in midfield?

Well Sonny Bradley certainly made a more powerful contribution when he came on against Cheltenham.

3 at the back is a possibility to make us more solid. 

Nyambe has to come back in surely .

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

No, you've just steered what was said to fit your narrative.

If someone says the manager has said 'blah blah blah' then there should be no need to gather what was meant, you should be able to point people in the direction of where the quote was made and let them decide what was meant.

Of course if there is no quote to back it up then its clear that its just a false narrative to unfairly beat the manager with. 

FWIW I don't like the set up of Hourihane and Bird together, didnt do even before our winning streak, but I'm happy just to say that rather than make some more tripe up to make my point sound more convincing.

The only place I've steered the conversation toward was some form of resolution to your argument with another poster wherein neither of you seemed to want to budge.

19 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Maybe he does but essentially he isn’t a holder .

His fault IMO for Cheltenhams goal. .

Having said that I like Conner but further forward 

Nothing to do with Sibley just letting the winger run past him or Nelson not getting close enough to block the shot better then 

44 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Think the discussion has gone awry tbh, partly because of the way things have been worded, and partly because you're more interested in using the way something is worded to steer the argument in your favour, than using common sense to figure out what was actually meant.

The insinuation, and what I suspect most people could gather from what was posted, isn't that he's not interested in any aspect of the midfield just the defensive side of things, so whatever he's said about one of our attacking midfielders is beside the point.

When you watch us play, do you think we look like a team where due care and attention has been given to the balance in midfield?

It seems to me that most people believe it to be a problem area for us and even those in support of Warne generally don't quite understand or don't agree with the way we set up in that central area.

If what you say is right, the sensible move from Roy would have been to clarify up front, rather than chuck in another 3 or 4 posts defending the literal meaning of the words he typed, only to subsequently change tack.

I reiterate, the man made himself look silly.

In other news, the two in midfield has looked wide open too often in recent weeks. Warne knows this as well as we do.

9 hours ago, May Contain Nuts said:

The only place I've steered the conversation toward was some form of resolution to your argument with another poster wherein neither of you seemed to want to budge.

There's nothing to budge on.

Either he made the quote attributed to him, in which case post a link up to it so we can see the context in which it was said.

Or the quote was never said, in which case people can see which posters just make up things to try and attack Warne with.

Its really that simple. 

28 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

There's nothing to budge on.

Either he made the quote attributed to him, in which case post a link up to it so we can see the context in which it was said.

Or the quote was never said, in which case people can see which posters just make up things to try and attack Warne with.

Its really that simple. 

I said "How long have we been wanting one (That is a holding mid)? Warne isn't interested in midfield, he's said so."

You took that literally. As has been pointed out (with quotes), Warne has made his feelings about the midfield clear.

But I don't believe he has ever stated "I'm not interested in midfield" and it is no surprise you couldn't find it when you Googled for it. 😄 👍

Edited by RoyMac5

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

I said "How long have we been wanting one (That is a holding mid)? Warne isn't interested in midfield, he's said so."

You took that literally. As has been pointed out (with quotes), Warne has made his feelings about the midfield clear.

But I don't believe he has ever stated "I'm not interested in midfield" and it is no surprise you couldn't find it when you Googled for it. 😄 👍

Of course I took it literally, how else was it supposed to be taken?

As has been countered by quotes saying he doesnt want to lose Max Bird and he wants his midfielders to be braver, and also by the fact that he signed Embleton and Fornah, saying he isn't interested in midfield doesn't seem to be true.