Should we just stick with the squad we have now

Curtains

32 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Why spend thousands if we can keep what we have 

I guess it depends on what it ends up costing us. Who we sign loan or transfer, how long and how much. If it's short loans for experienced players then it might be worth the cost. But what if we get another Waggy or Washy through the door.

I'd rather we rely on the current squad plus Academy youngsters but it's not my money! 😄

Edited by RoyMac5

32 minutes ago, Curtains said:

We don’t want to increase the 6 Million  operating debt do we !

Embleton’s wages are gone so if we sign Blackett-Taylor that’s potentially like for like or similar at least in terms of cost, for the rest of this season at least. We may see other outgoings too, which in turn could facilitate further additions.

I’m taking some reassurance knowing the EFL (in theory) have to check and approve all spending in line with whatever Clowes and co have budgeted for, and Mr Clowes seems like a sensible steady hand. I don’t think the additions (if any) this Jan will destabilise things too much financially. 

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

This squad got us to 4th best in the league (based on points per game), and we want to be 1st or 2nd best in the league?

Ok but I hope we can afford it as a club. 

It's a very good question Curtains.

I think we can all agree that it took us a long time to adapt to the way PW is setting us up / wants us to play.

Whilst the football may not be great, our results over the last dozen games or so has been bloody impressive, and if it continues, we will be there or thereabouts come the end of the season. We do have some cover in most areas, especially when everyone is fit.

Bringing new players in might be beneficial, but how long might it take them to get up to speed with the PW way? Furthermore, what impact might it have on the moral of current players in that position?

Losing players would be a blow, even if it generated money to bring in new faces, partly for the above reasons.

Finally, PW stated some time ago that he wanted to do any transfer business early in the window. Would any transactions now not smack of desperation?

I'd stick with what we have and keep the faith.

I’m all for bringing players in but not for excessive fees as we’ve only just recovered from the trauma of administration .

Which players will be pushed out !

They have to be much better than we have already 

Edited by Curtains

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Because we don't want a repeat of last season.

Not just last season. We have been poor in Feb/March for a few years now , and it’s got to be down to the Jan window. If Sibley is on high wages , his loan could be the key .