Fleetwood v Derby County: Player Ratings

Half-marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Thursday @ 18:00. Results by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore, when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 -that'sthe baseline. Also indicate ATG (at the game) Or Tv.

31Vickers

35Nelson

5Bradley

6Cashin

2Wilson

8Bird

4Hourihane

22Fornah

3Forsyth

20Elder

19John-Jules

7Barkhuizen

11Méndez-Laing

9Collins

16Thompson

8 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Half-marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Thursday @ 18:00. Results by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore, when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 -that'sthe baseline. Also indicate ATG (at the game) Or Tv.

31Vickers 8

35Nelson 6

5Bradley 7

6Cashin 8

2Wilson 8

8Bird 7

4Hourihane 7

22Fornah 6

3Forsyth 7 

20Elder 7

19John-Jules 6 

7Barkhuizen 6 

11Méndez-Laing 9 

9Collins 8 

16Thompson 7

31Vickers: 6 Slotted in; quick distribution; no fault goal.

35Nelson: 7 No nonsense rock.

5Bradley: 6.5 Respectable game.

6Cashin: 7.5 Got to balls he had no right to.

2Wilson: 7.5 Cartoon-character football skills, watch the birdy and I’ve slipped it past you.

8Bird 🦅 8 Crucial assists & must stay.

4Hourihane: 7 Sufficient presence 

22Fornah; 6 Late legs

3Forsyth: 6.5 Calf-strain subbed

20Elder: 6.5 Good outlet.

19John-Jules: 6.5 Toiled & tried

7Barkhuizen: 7 Has the nack of hitting the net by being in the right spot. 

11Méndez-Laing: 8.5 power & pace MOTM

9Collins: 7 Crucial 2nd & led the line

16Thompson: Energy & pace late on as Derby sealed it.

A potential banana skin avoided on a compact bobbly pitch. Crucial we keep Bird. Subs should’ve come sooner but job done. ✔️ 

Sky sports

31Vickers…..6..ok, bit iffy on edge of box at one point. Liked positivity on early cross

35Nelson…..7 decent

5Bradley…..7 no issues, decent game

6Cashin…..7  decent

2Wilson……7.5 excellent game. Defensively good as well….could open the door to a Nyambe-less back 4?

8Bird……8 two great assists and put himself about more than recent games

4Hourihane…..6.5 decent game. Great corner, clearly a plan

22Fornah…..6

3Forsyth…….6 did OK

20Elder…….5 meh….rubbish for their goal but won’t get much blame cos he’s not called Sonny….a bit too safe going forward 

19John-Jules…..4.5 nice touch in the first goal but must learn from Collins’ work rate

7Barkhuizen…..6 on the spot for the goal didn’t do much else right or wrong

11Méndez-Laing…..8.5 I said he was bone idle for Posh’s first on Monday but he put in a monster shift today….one track back and tackle was as good as his goal

9Collins……8 great goal, unreal work rate and good link up play

16Thompson…..7.5 cameo, but a great cameo. Serious intent to win the ball and move it forward without simply hoofing it

ref…pen at 2-0 and we’d be 3rd

Edited by Ian Buxton's Bat
Error

2 hours ago, Ellafella said:

31Vickers 6

35Nelson 6.5

5Bradley 6

6Cashin 7

2Wilson 6.5

8Bird 8

4Hourihane 6.5

22Fornah 6

3Forsyth 6

20Elder 6

19John-Jules 6

7Barkhuizen 6.5

11Méndez-Laing 7.5

9Collins 7

16Thompson 6.5

31Vickers - 6 didn’t have much to do really, didn’t make a save and couldn’t do much with the goal.

35Nelson - 7.5 solid as always 

5Bradley - 7 few decent interceptions and headers, looked more calm on the ball than usual

6Cashin - 8.5 what a player, enough said.

2Wilson - 7.5 was very good going forward and made an important headed clearance at the back post when it was 2-1. 

8Bird - 9 maybe his best performance all season, that pass for the first goal and the run and assist for barks were top class

4Hourihane - 7 good deliveries today, just hasn’t the legs anymore to keep up with the play at times. Lost his man at one stage at 0-0 and stockley nearly made it 1-0.

22Fornah - 6 N/A

3Forsyth - 6 was decent but his side seemed to be more open than Kanes.

20Elder - 6.5 was solid again and looks neat on the ball 

19John-Jules - 6 wasn’t really the game for him to show his strengths, still showed signs of his good footballing brain 

7Barkhuizen - 7 came on worked hard and finished well, can’t ask for much more off the bench 

11Méndez-Laing - 8.5 what a player, had some poor spells in the game but was running there defence ragged for the whole match. Had some important full pitch length runs to ease pressure off us.

9Collins - 8 worked hard as always and was a good finish 

16Thompson - 7 looked good when he came on, happy to have him back.

31Vickers: 6.5 - Did ok despite a hair-raising attempt at playing sweeper, but while not wishing to be unkind, Joe is still the #1 for me, even after a sloppy game last time out.

35Nelson: 7.0 - Solid enough, though not at his brilliant best in a 3 - might we have tried him at RB in a 442? I don't think not having Nyambe available fully warrants the change in formation, but we've won well enough in the end, so WTF do I know!

5Bradley: 6.5 - Continues to get pelters but I thought he looked better today. He does still look a little nervous and I think if someone could just calm him down a bit, I think there's s till a player in there. I think he'll get a few more games with Ryan away and I think it's now make or break for him. Having him back in form as well as the regular starters would be huge.

6Cashin: 7.5 - Held it all together at the back and is improving leaps and bounds this season - I think playing in a settled unit with Nyambe and Nelson to learn from has improved his consistency significantly. £5.5M, 20% sell on, full season loan back please Brighton. That or you can buy him for £8M +++ when we're promoted, or you could just feck off completely.

2Wilson: 7.5 - I'll get pelters for this but was trying to think whose style he reminds me of and it's Lauren James of Chelsea and England women. Like her he has this knack for just gliding past players and I'm really not sure how he's doing it. I think it's probably some for of football juju as slowmo's reveal nothing. 

8Bird: 8.5 Received a deal of criticism for his last performance, not all of which was fair IMO as he and Hourihane were overrun in a 2-man midfield. Banished that memory today in no uncertain terms, making critical interceptions in midfield and turning provider for 2 of our 3 goals. Only Collo ran as hard. MOTM for me.

4Hourihane: - 7.0 When we were good, so was he. Coincidence? I think not. Quietly effective and probably grateful for some extra bodies in midfield this time out. He's improving his consistency which for me has been the bugbear, rather than his ability.

22Fornah: 6.5 - Limited evidence but ran hard hard and did nothing wrong. Not entirely sure why he didn't start against Boro IMO.

3Forsyth: 6.5 - Didn't look comfortable at all and was duly hooked at HT. It seems like he's got a niggle so I'm hoping it's minor and we have him available again v. soon as he's a talisman and we need him.

20Elder: 7.0 - Don't know too much about this lad and obviously seen little of him at Derby as yet. That said, I really like what I have seen. One of the few to play his football against Boro and again looked promising today. Handy if Fozzy is injured I reckon and I can see PW rotating the two players a bit moving forward which will be one less thing for him to worry about.

19John-Jules: 6.5 - A little non-descript today, but it's his first start and he'll be sharper for the extended game time. I've noticed that both Boro and this lot targeted him a bit too and I do wonder whether that's out of respect for his latent ability. I hope so, weird as that might sound.

7Barkhuizen: 7.0 - Driving me nuts as every time I'm about ready to give up on him, up he pops with a goal. I'd like to see him work as hard off the ball as on it though, but I'm being grump really as he could do no more today.

11Méndez-Laing: 8.0 - Man's a real handful and was back to his pacy and bristling best today. He's playing with a smile a mile wide this season and as someone who has had his troubles, it's great to see him looking very much at home at Derby. Contract extension in the offing Mr Clowes?

9Collins: 7.5 - Oh Jimmy, Jimmy. The old bloke with enough fire in his belly to power a small town. Literally runs himself into the ground every game, yet somehow never seems leggy next time out. Another who looks a different player with a proper pre-season under his belt, his goals have been crucial this season.

16Thompson: 7.0 - Love this lad. A proper pocket destroyer and deceptively strong for a wee lad, he's also got loads of ability and precisely the kind of never say die attitude PW loves. It's great to have him back.

Warne Watch:
Soz gaffer, but just a wee, small moan would be the formation. Not going to bang on as we've won well, but it makes me nervous when we're in game management mode. That aside, another excellent day's work and a big relief to see us bounce back immediately after the loss last time out. Well done to you and the lads! 

Vickers 5 very surprised at high ratings, he was caught in no man’s land a few times didn’t command his box at all and made it very nervous, was opposite performance to what we’ve seen when he’s stepped in

Wilson 6.5 exciting as usual few silly moments where trying tricks isn’t needed

Bradley 7 solid 

Cashin 6.5 got caught out a couple times out wide but won all Headers

nelson 7 solid 

Fozzy/Elder 6 

Bird 7.5 good assists 

Hourhaine 7 worked hard 

NML 8 MOTM

Collo 7 another goal worked hard 

TJJ 6.5 didn’t do much should of had a pen 

ATG

Vickers 6.5 - sound replacement but not as assured as Wildsmith which is to be expected as lacking game time. Still second choice keeper in my opinion 

Nelson 7

Bradley 6

Cashin 9 - MOTM for me, only player on the pitch who retrieved what looked like a couple of lost causes. A colossal performance 

Wilson 8.5 - I love this guy, strongest performer in the first half

Bird 8.5 - Composed, hard working and two much needed assists 

Hourihane 7

Fornah 6

Forsyth 6

Elder 7

John-Jules 6 - Disappointing performance, hopefully not working too hard to avoid injury which could hamper his chances of a return move? Hopefully I’m wrong on this one as I feel he would be a major asset for the remainder of the season 

Barkhuizen 6.5 - flatters to deceive despite the late goal. Not showing the same work ethic as his teammates 

Mendez-Laing 8.5 - Strong performance, excellent taken goal, worked hard to get back and releases the pressure with lung busting runs which sometimes goes unnoticed. Our most influential player with the exception of Cashin

Collins 8 - underrated. Absolute work horse who is contributing more quality and goals to the team. Hold up play also improving. Keep up the good work Collo.

Thompson 7 - Very effective when introduced, he was going to be introduced a few minutes earlier just as they pulled a goal back. Determined and relentless, with underestimated power and technically impressive. Will have a big part to play for us this season.

A big shout out to all players and coaching staff who took the time to have their photo taken with my lad as they arrived of the team coach, much appreciated 🐏

16 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

31Vickers: 6.5 - Did ok despite a hair-raising attempt at playing sweeper, but while not wishing to be unkind, Joe is still the #1 for me, even after a sloppy game last time out.

35Nelson: 7.0 - Solid enough, though not at his brilliant best in a 3 - might we have tried him at RB in a 442? I don't think not having Nyambe available fully warrants the change in formation, but we've won well enough in the end, so WTF do I know!

5Bradley: 6.5 - Continues to get pelters but I thought he looked better today. He does still look a little nervous and I think if someone could just calm him down a bit, I think there's s till a player in there. I think he'll get a few more games with Ryan away and I think it's now make or break for him. Having him back in form as well as the regular starters would be huge.

6Cashin: 7.5 - Held it all together at the back and is improving leaps and bounds this season - I think playing in a settled unit with Nyambe and Nelson to learn from has improved his consistency significantly. £5.5M, 20% sell on, full season loan back please Brighton. That or you can buy him for £8M +++ when we're promoted, or you could just feck off completely.

2Wilson: 7.5 - I'll get pelters for this but was trying to think whose style he reminds me of and it's Lauren James of Chelsea and England women. Like her he has this knack for just gliding past players and I'm really not sure how he's doing it. I think it's probably some for of football juju as slowmo's reveal nothing. 

8Bird: 8.5 Received a deal of criticism for his last performance, not all of which was fair IMO as he and Hourihane were overrun in a 2-man midfield. Banished that memory today in no uncertain terms, making critical interceptions in midfield and turning provider for 2 of our 3 goals. Only Collo ran as hard. MOTM for me.

4Hourihane: - 7.0 When we were good, so was he. Coincidence? I think not. Quietly effective and probably grateful for some extra bodies in midfield this time out. He's improving his consistency which for me has been the bugbear, rather than his ability.

22Fornah: 6.5 - Limited evidence but ran hard hard and did nothing wrong. Not entirely sure why he didn't start against Boro IMO.

3Forsyth: 6.5 - Didn't look comfortable at all and was duly hooked at HT. It seems like he's got a niggle so I'm hoping it's minor and we have him available again v. soon as he's a talisman and we need him.

20Elder: 7.0 - Don't know too much about this lad and obviously seen little of him at Derby as yet. That said, I really like what I have seen. One of the few to play his football against Boro and again looked promising today. Handy if Fozzy is injured I reckon and I can see PW rotating the two players a bit moving forward which will be one less thing for him to worry about.

19John-Jules: 6.5 - A little non-descript today, but it's his first start and he'll be sharper for the extended game time. I've noticed that both Boro and this lot targeted him a bit too and I do wonder whether that's out of respect for his latent ability. I hope so, weird as that might sound.

7Barkhuizen: 7.0 - Driving me nuts as every time I'm about ready to give up on him, up he pops with a goal. I'd like to see him work as hard off the ball as on it though, but I'm being grump really as he could do no more today.

11Méndez-Laing: 8.0 - Man's a real handful and was back to his pacy and bristling best today. He's playing with a smile a mile wide this season and as someone who has had his troubles, it's great to see him looking very much at home at Derby. Contract extension in the offing Mr Clowes?

9Collins: 7.5 - Oh Jimmy, Jimmy. The old bloke with enough fire in his belly to power a small town. Literally runs himself into the ground every game, yet somehow never seems leggy next time out. Another who looks a different player with a proper pre-season under his belt, his goals have been crucial this season.

16Thompson: 7.0 - Love this lad. A proper pocket destroyer and deceptively strong for a wee lad, he's also got loads of ability and precisely the kind of never say die attitude PW loves. It's great to have him back.

Warne Watch:
Soz gaffer, but just a wee, small moan would be the formation. Not going to bang on as we've won well, but it makes me nervous when we're in game management mode. That aside, another excellent day's work and a big relief to see us bounce back immediately after the loss last time out. Well done to you and the lads! 

Hey @Ellafella pop an extra point on Josh's score for me please mate, if not too late? Made a brilliant early save that I thought had gone wide of its own accord at thee time, so 7.5, not 6.5 please.

TV

31Vickers:-6

35Nelson:-6.5

5Bradley:-6

6Cashin:-6.5

2Wilson:-7

8Bird:-7.5

4Hourihane:-6

3Forsyth:-6

19John-Jules:-6

11Méndez-Laing:-7.5

9Collins:-7.5

20Elder:-6

7Barkhuizen:-6

16Thompson:-6

22Fornah:-6

Edited by 1of4

On 06/01/2024 at 14:42, Ellafella said:

31Vickers 6

35Nelson 6

5Bradley 6

6Cashin 7

2Wilson 6

8Bird 7

4Hourihane 6

22Fornah 6

3Forsyth 6

20Elder 6

19John-Jules 5

7Barkhuizen 6

11Méndez-Laing 8

9Collins 7

16Thompson 6

On 06/01/2024 at 14:42, Ellafella said:

31Vickers 6 Not faulted for the goal, but we missed Wildsmith's presence

35Nelson 6 Struggled in a back 3

5Bradley 5.5 Lost his man for the goal and struggled throughout

6Cashin 6.5 Best of a defence that gave a lot of chances away

2Wilson 6.5 Always great intent

8Bird 7.5 Two assists, but quiet the rest of the time

4Hourihane 6 One assist but largely invisible

22Fornah 6 Not on long enough to have an impact

3Forsyth 6.5 Very good start, but faded. Asked to play high up the pitch

20Elder 6.5 Seems pretty solid

19John-Jules 6 Disappointing, but didn't get injured and should have had a penalty

7Barkhuizen 6.5 Scored but largely invisible

11Méndez-Laing 7.5 His stamina has improved massively, to last 90 minutes here. Key first goal

9Collins 7.5 A player transformed. Lovely goal and strong contribution

16Thompson 6 Not enough impact to add points

On TV