Fleetwood v Derby County: Player Ratings

31Vickers 6.5 I liked his quicker distribution on occasions, otherwise on a par with Wildsmith

35Nelson 6 seemed to suffer most from the change to a back three

5Bradley 6.5 decent but not fully match aware yet. Will it come?

6Cashin 8 imperious, Sky TV loved him! 

2Wilson 8 such an exciting player that I don't even mind when it doesn't quite work out cos I know he's going to try again next time he gets the ball. Did some useful defending too.

8Bird 8.5 statistically his best game this season and a joy to watch

4Hourihane 6  occasionally creative, tires too quickly and our manager needs to recognise that.

22Fornah 6 a great 3.5 minute cameo 😉

3Forsyth 5.5 struggled a bit to stop their attacking flow, right decision to substitute whether injured or not

20Elder 6.5 better, but again not yet match fit. Shows promise.

19John-Jules 6 a bit disappointed with his contribution, needs to be a bit more mobile, again building fitness. Has a lovely first touch so I'd like to see him use it to turn away from defenders rather than in to them.

7Barkhuizen 7 contributed little then is in exactly the right place to score the winning goal. Proved me wrong! 

11Méndez-Laing 8.5 a powerhouse who is loving his football now. Is this his most consistent run at any club? 

9Collins 8 "looks good looks fine" and proving all the doubters wrong week in week out.

16Thompson 7 showed industry and persistence just at the time we needed it. If we'd introduced him a bit earlier it might have been a more comfortable second half.

Warne - a good opportunity to try his three at the back and it worked out in the end. Jury is still out on its long term potential. 

On a plus point, that attacking lineup is seriously threatening though. If you're keeping one of the creative players quiet it frees up another one. 

So, would like to see us try it again before we completely ditch it.

ATG

TV

31Vickers: 6 A more than reliable keeper who doesn't have me worried at all. JW rested with a knock. Sensible. I keep reading he had a shocker against Posh. Some even claim PW said so in his post game interview. Saw the game and the interview on RamsTV. JW not at fault for any of the goals and PW didn't slate him

35Nelson: 7 Solid as ever

5Bradley: 6 Couple of early doors slips but fine after that

6Cashin: 7 Few poor passes and some defensive errors he doesn't usually make nut some good tackles/interceptions as well

2Wilson: 6.5 Good at beating players with his twinkle toes control but the crosses were less than average

8Bird 🦅 8.5 Tackles, passes, interceptions. Great assist for the first NML goal. Another, equally good 2 minutes later which NML put just wide. What a run prior to the assist for the 3rd. 

4Hourihane: 7 Less than average against Posh. Much better this game

22Fornah; 6 No mistakes but nothing outstanding either

3Forsyth: 6.5 good enough half but was on a yellow...

20Elder: 6 Almost but not quite, yet.

19John-Jules: 5.5 Has skill and control but he goes down easier than a whore's knickers. Stay on yer feet lad.

7Barkhuizen: 7 One of his better games

11Méndez-Laing: 8 Was everything he hadn't been against the Posh. No idea why but I'll be happy to see this NML for the rest of the season

9Collins: 7.5 Cracking header for the 2nd, a pain all day for their defence. More than useful when back defending

16Thompson: 6.5 Put himself about as Thommo does

On 06/01/2024 at 14:42, Ellafella said:

Half-marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Thursday @ 18:00. Results by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore, when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 -that'sthe baseline. Also indicate ATG (at the game) Or Tv.

31Vickers 6.5 couple of jittery moments but generally ok

35Nelson 5.5 not one of his best games

5Bradley 6 see Vickers

6Cashin 8 playing some of his best football at the minute

2Wilson 8 excellent game

8Bird 7.5 more like his old self , must stay

4Hourihane 5.5 over ran at times

22Fornah 5.5 not much to report

3Forsyth 6 in need of a rest

20Elder 6 did ok

19John-Jules 6 some nice touches

7Barkhuizen 5.5 lazy off the ball