Conor Coventry - signed by Charlton

31 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

John Gregory - how did we get him to move to the third division 

28 minutes ago, Srg said:

With all due respect, he signed what, 39 years ago? Football is vastly different. 

As @Srg says, football is vastly different to when we signed Gregory. I would imagine he was on a good wage for a third division player. We can't offer at the moment Championship level wages in the first division. The only reason a player would drop down would be for the love of the club. What's Will doing these days?

10 hours ago, Kernow said:

Bristol City have more ex-Derby players than Derby have ex-Rotherham players.

They may as well call themselves Derby B. Must be because Nigel Pearson used to be their manager.

#NeedSomeScouts

That was in the old days when we sent them all the ones we didn't want.  Now we let them have the regular starters. 

57 minutes ago, Dartmouth Ram said:

Looks like he's off to Charlton

Screenshot_20240105-174055.png

Seen a few championship clubs linked aswell, Charlton wouldn’t be a very good move for him as he’s definitely a low end championship or very top end league one player 

Remember the other player we were linked to that then ended up going to Charlton, Alfie May. I think is quite likely Warne was disappointed not to get him. Surely if we are interested we aren't going to lose out again?

On 05/01/2024 at 14:22, Gerry Daly said:

Remember the other player we were linked to that then ended up going to Charlton, Alfie May. I think is quite likely Warne was disappointed not to get him. Surely if we are interested we aren't going to lose out again?

Never underestimate the lure and pull of London…