2024 - what will it bring us?

Happy new year all rams. Feeling excited for 2024 but what will it bring us? Feeling optimistic without feeling entitled and cocky about our chances. But the most amazing thing is that we've had a year where we've just discussed and disagreed about football so thank you to the Clowes family for that and long may it continue. 
Also sending much love to @B4’s Sister, the rest of the family and all others moving into 2024 without a loved one for the first time. Such a difficult period and you're all in our thoughts. Hope the team gain promotion in their honour. COYR 🐏🐏

I agree with your optimism @CBRammette. I don’t think we’re going to sustain this excellent run all season, but I’m more confident in the squad’s ability to get back into a positive rhythm if and when we do next have a bad result. There’ll be the inevitable catastrophising from some parties when that happens, but provided we hold onto our key players, and ideally strengthen with a couple of additions, I think there’s plenty in this squad and management team to have us challenging for promotion by the season’s end. Looking forward to the ride 🐏 

8 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Promotion I hope. Paul Warne’s P45 if not.

Happy New Year all! 

If we miss out having finished 3rd and are unlucky in the play offs then I'd see little point starting all over again personally....but yep, promotion is my expectation and anything less will be a tough pill to swallow agreed.

I cant quantify how much optimism the Oxford result has given me. Yes our form will invariably dip, but I have been given the hope that we have the resilience to pick up some extra points even when things dont go our way.

2024, I hope it'll bring celebration as a Derby fan, and I think it will. Seasons like this aren't that common for the average football fan so let's celebrate it and celebrate it whilst it is happening. To you all generally, I hope it will bring us moments of peace when we want it and moments of strength when we need it. 

Pun-fests, firework parties, politically enthused debate, lots of f****n' aster*sks, and a plethora of Thunderbird gifs. 
More Warne-Out Polls, and lots and lots of questions about matchday parking.
We also need more folk stating they haven't read the thread, but asking something that is already explained 3 posts earlier in that very same unread thread!  Love them!
A live link to tickets sold (Home and away), and mucho photos of pint glasses held firmly firmly between two knees (preferably belonging to the same person!)
Oh... and cute dogs in hilarious costumes... gotta love a cute dog in a cute costume pic.

🍻🐏

13 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Promotion isn’t just a perfect result, it should be the minimum expectation this season in this league. If I don’t meet my minimum expectations, then yes I would be fired.

You're not setting those expectations though, Warne's boss is.

5 minutes ago, Crewton said:

You're not setting those expectations though, Warne's boss is.

Oh I know, I’m just giving my view.

Warne won’t be sacked irrespective of what happens - as I’ve said before, his job is one of the safest in world football.

17 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Pun-fests, firework parties, politically enthused debate, lots of f****n' aster*sks, and a plethora of Thunderbird gifs. 
More Warne-Out Polls, and lots and lots of questions about matchday parking.
We also need more folk stating they haven't read the thread, but asking something that is already explained 3 posts earlier in that very same unread thread!  Love them!
A live link to tickets sold (Home and away), and mucho photos of pint glasses held firmly firmly between two knees (preferably belonging to the same person!)
Oh... and cute dogs in hilarious costumes... gotta love a cute dog in a cute costume pic.

🍻🐏

Yeah, I get all that but is today’s game on rams tv.

Promotion this season would be ideal, but more importantly I would really like to see the club developing a young team from the academy and also retain the young talent that we already have in the squad.

Having watched quite a lot of PL games recently, something that has stood out is the gulf between the teams in the PL and the Ch'ship (more so L1). The athleticism, speed and technical ability of the players is on another planet. And it's not just the top teams, this also applies to struggling teams like Burnley and Luton.

For a club like Derby to ever compete, it can only be achieved by developing young talent and improving our recruitment in general, as the club is unable to pay the crazy fees and salaries required to buy success. Our club has amazing support which is our main advantage over many clubs in the Ch'ship and PL. We also have to look at clubs like Bournemouth and Brighton to try and emulate that model for success.

Just my thoughts 🙂   COYR for 2024