I Wonder If the Players Have.............

ram59

I wonder if the players have a forum or whats app group, where they discuss the fans' comments on various forums?

I wonder if they slag off certain fans for not having a clue what they're talking about and they ridicule them. Maybe they discuss the 'happy clappers', who think that all is rosey when it isn't? 

Maybe, they say that they'd like to meet some fans and tell them what they think of them?

Maybe, they agree with what some of us say?

I've been in and around the game and know a few players. I can 100% tell you direct from a player that their true opinions of fans are never spoken in public. They know where the aggressive moaners sit near the front of the stand and round the dugout, they know which twitter users not to look at, they know which ones will hammer them no matter what and try their best to ignore them at every opportunity.

They also remember the fans, young and old, who wait outside for autographs, photos and chats every home and away game and try their best to remember those fans, their names and their families.

Players are human.

I also know of at least one player who turned down a transfer to a club based on a friend they had (player) at that club and how the fans had treated him. He was basically told, the fans are idiots, don't sign for us and he didnt

33 minutes ago, KBB said:

I've been in and around the game and know a few players. I can 100% tell you direct from a player that their true opinions of fans are never spoken in public. They know where the aggressive moaners sit near the front of the stand and round the dugout, they know which twitter users not to look at, they know which ones will hammer them no matter what and try their best to ignore them at every opportunity.

They also remember the fans, young and old, who wait outside for autographs, photos and chats every home and away game and try their best to remember those fans, their names and their families.

Players are human.

I also know of at least one player who turned down a transfer to a club based on a friend they had (player) at that club and how the fans had treated him. He was basically told, the fans are idiots, don't sign for us and he didnt

Assuming that to be true then both the player in question and the friend strike me as a little naive to think a) the fans that had tweaked the friend necessary represent the majority of fans and b) the fans of the club in question are really any different to the vast majority of fans of all clubs. I feel confident that every club in the country/world have their fair share of trolls and keyboard warriors. 

42 minutes ago, KBB said:

Players are human.

Was it Savage 😲

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Assuming that to be true then both the player in question and the friend strike me as a little naive to think a) the fans that had tweaked the friend necessary represent the majority of fans and b) the fans of the club in question are really any different to the vast majority of fans of all clubs. I feel confident that every club in the country/world have their fair share of trolls and keyboard warriors. 

Was just about to type the very same.  Surely the player will know that every club has idiot fans and good fans? Would be insane to turn a move down on the circumstances described above.

I doubt they give a **** about what most fans think. Often see them around moor farm and they are pleasant and courteous, but I expect they would laugh if I ever fed back some of the comments on here (or mine!). Certain fans have never kicked a ball at a decent level and suddenly become experts on formations, positions etc...backed up by stats like xG and hindsight 🤨

I have my B licence and still no nothing compared to those who do this for a living, so much goes on that is not noticeable, even less so when watching on the box.

1 hour ago, Blondest Goat said:

Was just about to type the very same.  Surely the player will know that every club has idiot fans and good fans? Would be insane to turn a move down on the circumstances described above.

It was a choice between about 4 clubs who were in for him at the time. He chose another and was very very successful for them and got a very decent move again a couple of years later. It wasn't the only factor and it wasn't derby who I'm talking about 

21 minutes ago, KBB said:

It was a choice between about 4 clubs who were in for him at the time. He chose another and was very very successful for them and got a very decent move again a couple of years later. It wasn't the only factor and it wasn't derby who I'm talking about 

Sounds like Notts Forest, awful fans turning against there manager super Cooper already lol. 

The modern day footballer is motivated by money rather than any sense of passion for the game or club loyalty, never mind giving a second thought to supporters and their opinions. Irrespective of the scripted cliched nonsense that they may trot out to the media, footballers consider playing football as a job, nothing more. 

24 minutes ago, europia said:

The modern day footballer is motivated by money rather than any sense of passion for the game or club loyalty, never mind giving a second thought to supporters and their opinions. Irrespective of the scripted cliched nonsense that they may trot out to the media, footballers consider playing football as a job, nothing more. 

You can’t tar all footballers with the same brush, they would have all started playing football at a young age because they enjoyed football and had a passion for it not because they thought they’d have a career as a footballer if that was the case I should have asked Colin Addison for a job as a footballer when I left school in 1981 instead of going to Royce’s 

They do trot out the cliches probably because they’ve had media training and are told not to say anything controversial as it will be twisted in some way in the media 

I would be interested to know which Derby players don’t play with passion I see some that might lack ability but I’ve not noticed any that don’t try

10 hours ago, europia said:

I agree that for the vast majority of players, football is just a job and they are only doing it for the money (not a criticism of the players by the way. Clubs are not only employing them to do a job and will, more often than not, discard them once they are no longer required). However, they are all human beings and would have to be incredibly thick skinned to be able to simply ignore some of the abuse they sometimes receive from a small minority their own fans. On the other hand, I’m sure that whilst quite possibly hurt by some of the unacceptable comments seen on social media, they will understand these people are just attention seeking idiots, not truly representative of the clubs fan base and are present at every club.

Edited by Tamworthram

27 minutes ago, Stockport Ram said:

I find this all rather sad. 

I understand and appreciate the skill level at the top of the premiership, but only tend to watch occasionally these days - by that I mean probably only one full match a month or so, usually involving Liverpool or Everton hoping for wins, or Man Utd hoping for a defeat. Intrinsically, the microscopic analysis, now even of every tiny refereeing mistake has, over the past 20  -25 years,  gradually taken away the pure and simple game which I fell in love with as a boy. I resent this, and everything surrounding the greed which permeates it. 

I would much prefer us to win the third division or be top half in the second division, watching good honest effort and with a sense of belonging than be in the increasingly plastic world of the Prem. 

If you’d told me 25 years ago I’d much prefer to watch the third round of a DP World Tour event or USPGA Tour event live than say Man City v Chelsea on a Saturday tea time I’d have said you were bonkers, but there’s absolutely no contest for me now. 

All I want from the Rams is 100% effort and the occasional break out of some good football, with the odd promotion and a decent F A Cup run now and again.

I know , I know, I’m an old git..... but I’ll venture to suggest I’m not alone.

I haven't watched many televised PL games in the past 10 years. It will only interest me if we ever get back there. Same goes for televised SBC, L1 and L2 games. I watch Derby. Preferably in a stadium but, as an expat, only 10% to 15% are at the ground. The rest are 98% RamsTV and 2% when RamsTV can't broadcast and then I resort to activities which may fail the legality test. 

With regard to your last sentence... at 69 I don't apply the term "old" to myself despite most owd buggahs being my age... 😉

6 hours ago, Stockport Ram said:

I find this all rather sad. 

I understand and appreciate the skill level at the top of the premiership, but only tend to watch occasionally these days - by that I mean probably only one full match a month or so, usually involving Liverpool or Everton hoping for wins, or Man Utd hoping for a defeat. Intrinsically, the microscopic analysis, now even of every tiny refereeing mistake has, over the past 20  -25 years,  gradually taken away the pure and simple game which I fell in love with as a boy. I resent this, and everything surrounding the greed which permeates it. 

I would much prefer us to win the third division or be top half in the second division, watching good honest effort and with a sense of belonging than be in the increasingly plastic world of the Prem. 

If you’d told me 25 years ago I’d much prefer to watch the third round of a DP World Tour event or USPGA Tour event live than say Man City v Chelsea on a Saturday tea time I’d have said you were bonkers, but there’s absolutely no contest for me now. 

All I want from the Rams is 100% effort and the occasional break out of some good football, with the odd promotion and a decent F A Cup run now and again.

I know , I know, I’m an old git..... but I’ll venture to suggest I’m not alone.

I agree with much of what you say until you mention golf, which in my opinion has become even worse than football. Breakaway Tournaments, appearance fees etc etc etc. huge sums of money being won!